Screenshot_2022-12-16_081703.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 175

Azyr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I’m completely guessing here, but seeing as how the US has folded regarding the f16v deal, I think the EF and Typhoon negotiations spooked them off. Turkey getting in the Tempest program is probably another detriment for them hence the f16v being offered up now.

This gives me a lot of hope, we need to diversify. The TFX is fine, but we also need the capability to buy foreign to supplement numbers and capacity should the need arise.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think there's one thing that we shouldn't forget between all the bad things that have happened between Turkey and the US.

There is still a big block of politicians, senators, high ranking people in the Pentagon that know that our relations matter. There's more to the US-Turkish relations than what is posted on social media or said from populist politicians on both sides. I believe the F16 deal will go through.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
To demonstrate the skills of our ground pilots, why not.
In particular, the countries producing aircraft establish aerial aerobatic and demonstration teams to advertise their products, to reassure their people, to promote their strength, and to attract personnel to their air forces. Our country is at an advanced level in UAVs. For example, Baykar tb2 and Tusaş Anka 1 can set up an air acrobatic and demonstration group, and can make demonstration flights at fairs, festivals such as technofest, for promotional and advertising purposes. In some fairs, attack helicopters and Hürkuş plane are already flying.

In this way, our companies can put forward technological arguments for their UAVs, such as our software is better, our autopilots are better, our swarm capability is better.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Barış kartalı E7
I feel like US wants to examine Turkish tech(even thought purchased it from US, it probably has Turkish products in it, and Turkey does the conturary). Interesting part is they are are very confident in their own tech ;)

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Back In Turkey;

There must have been some extensive maintenance performed before they became flight ready, doubt they would have been allowed to fly after months of sitting idle.

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't get it.. It didn't take off from Kyiv but from a region close to Moldova? What?

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Back In Turkiye;

There must have been some extensive maintenance performed before they became flight ready, doubt they would have been allowed to fly after months of sitting idle.
I don't think these transport planes from Airbus are very prone to such situations. They def got a thorough checks

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom