Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Please do not go for politics, i dont think it is because of election as i remember our army allways loaded tanks to ships in this position. We have to show pipi of tanks to say look we are here, you know... So Altay is new born baby for TAF of course we have to show that pipi, look it is my son!

5af4c5c5ac05631ab056aa33.jpg
Nice one👌👍😂
I laughed a lot tbh. Btw, this practice is common a lot in the Middle East and not Turkey only. Even in Albania, some families when they hear that their newborn son is a female, they get pissed and say: "wanna me show you his pipi"😂😂

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,125
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate I have no problem with that
I just asked why do they think it is a propaganda video

My take on the matter is clear and that it is the president's right to promote his achievements just like how the opposition promote his failures

They had a point that the barrel was way too elevated but that is fine if it is just for propaganda video as I truly thought that the Altay couldnt fit through TCG Anandolu gates, that is it
Off the top of my head there was news that Altay was tested and was seen to maneuver well inside the ship.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Off the top of my head there was news that Altay was tested and was seen to maneuver well inside the ship.
Iam not talking about the insides of the ship
Iam talking about whether it was able to easily pass through the ship's gates towards the insides of the ship

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont think the Altay is made for amphimibious landings to be honest.

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can clearly see how long it took to just drive up the ramp and go inside the ship. Both sides had absolutely no room for error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,768
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

I am really glad that Turkiye companies Begin to RESPECT Turk language.
Because in the past we saw that They use english on any products. Even worst they english on First position and Turk language is second or with small text. :(
They also went even worst used arab language.
In present it is looking good that they started

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can clearly see how long it took to just drive up the ramp and go inside the ship. Both sides had absolutely no room for error.

Thats the thing when landing on beaches you quickly have to get out of it and create a bridgehead for other units to land.

Landing on beaches you cant spare 1 second or it will lead to heavy casualties.

An mbt can easily get stuck or become a prime target.

Something light is needed. Mbts should never be used to land attacks on beach heads.

Im thinking its most likely testing how to land tanks i dont think they are testing them to do amphibious landings.

Still the Altay is heavy for such a task.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,552
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thats the thing when landing on beaches you quickly have to get out of it and create a bridgehead for other units to land.

Something light is needed. Mbts should never be used to land attacks on beach heads.

Im thinking its most likely testing how to land tanks i dont think they are testing them to do amphibious landings.

This might be off-topic and I might be very wrong but I think bipedal robots are the way to do landing ops.

You're free to prove me wrong though. I urge you to do so.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,167
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

LCAC was invented for a reason ... On why the US marines are now phasing out their MBTs . I believe they have their own calculation and tactics ..

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,966
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
LCAC was invented for a reason ... On why the US marines are now phasing out their MBTs . I believe they have their own calculation and tactics ..

Marines were becoming too much like the Army.

Not just mbts they are also downsizing on soldiers as they want to be a light force.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,167
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Marines were becoming too much like the Army.

Not just mbts they are also downsizing on soldiers as they want to be a light force.
Ideally , as a striking forces marines and airbornes should be as lightly and nimbly in manouvering/forced entry as they could while get provided with enough firepower to breach/neutralized most of the threats from the enemy defensive emplacement . Finding the right mix of tools and means were always the problems .

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,472
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Marines in 21st century will also mainly or even wholly operate only in the Pacific. You don't need 70 ton tanks on islands. USMC's decision to shed some weight makes sense, for them.

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here is a photo of Altay from TCG Anadolu.

I asked the company official from BMC whether they tried Akkor against Javelin in top-down attack mode. He said they did so successfully and Akkor provides 360 degree protection. He added that in the future we will probably see antitanks get new features to bypass protection systems and protection systems will get new features to stop new antitanks ad infinitum.

1683633971011.jpeg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,148
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Leopard 2A4 modernization contract from BMC and ASELSAN

ASELSAN and BMC signed the Sub-Systems Contract for the Leopard 2A4 (TİYK-Leopard 2A4) Project for Adding Additional Capabilities to Tanks.

The main contractor contract of the TİYK-Leopard 2A4 Project, which was initiated by the Presidency of Defense Industries (SSB) for the modernization of the Leopard 2A4 tanks, which are in the inventory to meet the future needs of the Land Forces Command, by equipping them with new systems, was signed between the SSB and BMC at the end of 2022.

The contract, signed on May 11, 2023, in which ASELSAN is the main subcontractor responsible for tank mission systems, includes the delivery of TİYK-Leopard 2A4 Project tank mission systems to BMC Automotive and related services. With the project, it is aimed to integrate the systems developed by ASELSAN and included within the scope of the ALTAY Project into the Leopard 2A4 tanks, and to provide the Leopard 2A4 tanks in the inventory with the capabilities of the ALTAY tank.

Systems to be provided by ASELSAN under the contract:

- Tank Fire Control System
- Remote Controlled Weapon System
- Tank Command Control Communication and Information System
- Tank Laser Warning System, Driver Vision System
- Active Protection System
- Close Range Surveillance System

The contract also includes a comprehensive package of Integrated Logistics Support Services and maintenance and repair support.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom