Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But some people still think european technology is just unconditionally superior.
As i said before. If this design is realized it will definitely outperform tempset and FCAS.

There's every reason to believe that China has achieve some sort of levelling field at least with the Europeans. China has
  • strong civilian research and development sector
  • backed by strong industry (especially in electronics and metallurgy
  • and off course their industrial espionage
The Chinese has at least 2 active project in the 5th gen sector. The J-20 and 35. Their lessons on building and refining the VLO aspect on the J-20 will be used to decrease the radar signature on the J-35 and its refinement will eventually goes on to minimize the J-XX RCS even lower.

Europe (and Japan) in contrast doesn't have any accomplishment in the 5th gen sector, they seems to jump straight up to 6th gen. How effective would it be? We can't tell. But engineering are one of those department that esteem real life testing and refinement.

The only one with a clear advantage against the Chinese is off course the US which has non stop development (and use) of VLO aircraft since project Have Blue in the 70s. The NGAD is reportedly to have the radar cross section of a BB pellet.

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Well overall (I put general aviation and space too, not just military aviation) Russia still beat the rest other than the big 3 (U.S, China and Europe). And Europe here are listed collectively.

Russia builds its own engine both civilian and military, it builds its own rocket motors, airliners and launch vehicles etc. So they're still a big player, but a player that has clearly been eclipsed by the likes of China and no longer a serious competitor for the US.

I do agree that Russia has the hardware side, but I'm not so sure about the electronics for example, Russian planes use insecure, non-military navigation equipment like off-the-shelf GPS systems that the pilots strap onto the cockpits using duct tape. I would rank the Russians lower because they can't field the equipment they manage to produce because of all the corruption.

To be honest, this looks like a further development of the J-20 instead of an entirely new program.

Notice the similarities in the front half of the jet.
Does that mean you two think those blurry bits at the front look like canards?

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,517
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But some people still think european technology is just unconditionally superior.
As i said before. If this design is realized it will definitely outperform tempset and FCAS.
but sure it has superior quality for sure

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 227
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The Chinese has at least 2 active project in the 5th gen sector. The J-20 and 35. Their lessons on building and refining the VLO aspect on the J-20 will be used to decrease the radar signature on the J-35 and its refinement will eventually goes on to minimize the J-XX RCS even lower.

Europe (and Japan) in contrast doesn't have any accomplishment in the 5th gen sector, they seems to jump straight up to 6th gen. How effective would it be? We can't tell. But engineering are one of those department that esteem real life testing and refinement.

The only one with a clear advantage against the Chinese is off course the US which has non stop development (and use) of VLO aircraft since project Have Blue in the 70s. The NGAD is reportedly to have the radar cross section of a BB pellet.
Turkey has no experience in designing and building their own 4th gen fighter aircrafts.But TF-XX(which will be much better than F35) is happening, isn't it?

You really think western Europeans lack the capability build VLO aircraft just because they didn't develop a 5th gen?

Also the fact is that its much easier for western block countries to get access to advanced tech because of mutual cooperation and technology sharing.The same is not true for China or Russia.This is the main reason why these countries often lag behind the west.Look how S.korea,Turkey even India are slowly becoming defence industry giants while Russians are stuck with SACLOS guided ATGMS and air superiority jets with PESA radars.Technology doesn't fall from sky and espionage can only do so much.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turkey has no experience in designing and building their own 4th gen fighter aircrafts.But TF-XX(which will be much better than F35) is happening, isn't it?
umm no, how do you even come with this conclusion in mind ?
You really think western Europeans lack the capability build VLO aircraft just because they didn't develop a 5th gen?
I never say that, but China has the lead when it comes to developing and actually fielding those. As I said, engineering is something that prize real world testing and refinement. The best refinement comes from real world use instead of "clean" lab testing.

I'm just spitting fact that China has at least 2 VLO aircraft in production and under development. The J-20 and the J-35 and the Europeans has none.
Also the fact is that its much easier for western block countries to get access to advanced tech because of mutual cooperation and technology sharing.
Maybe, if the US wanted to share their tech. But looking at past program where the US won't want any competitor to its fighter sales. I wouldn't bet much. The US has a history of shutting down even closest allies fighter program to make way for its export success. (see Lavi and original F-2 fighter development)

The same is not true for China or Russia.This is the main reason why these countries often lag behind the west.Look how S.korea,Turkey even India are slowly becoming defence industry giants while Russians are stuck with SACLOS guided ATGMS and air superiority jets with PESA radars.
Russia maybe, not China. In fact China is now leading in many key technologies, such as electronics. Many of which will find their way to military use.
Technology doesn't fall from sky and espionage can only do so much.
Correct, it comes from rigorous research and development (which China happens to be good at) and most important is testing. And China has an actual jet that they already fly.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 227
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
umm no, how do you even come with this conclusion in mind ?
Go to the turkish defence forum and ask the guys out there if you want to know more about TF-XX program.

I didn't come with this conclusion.TF-XX will be better than F35.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Go to the turkish defence forum and ask the guys out there if you want to know more about TF-XX program.

I didn't come with this conclusion.TF-XX will be better than F35.
You brought it here you should at least know and could defend your argument.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom