Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I can't confirm for sure but I heard rumors that when the Russians had just started withdrawing, Armenians shot towards our positions from the direction of Khojaly and our army made some advances in that direction during a counter-attack. I sincerely hope that if they actually are stupid enough to make a move, we drive them completely out of the area. They certainly don't fucking deserve Khojaly after what they did there.

The French have bigger problems in Africa so I hope Erdogan does the correct thing and doesn't skip on the opportunity to get Turkish forces in Karabakh.

EDIT: Also would like to add the Zangezur corridor is not dead but apparently there is going to be two. That being said, economically it's insignificant, it's mainly useful in a political sense as it can be used as a pressure point to get Armenia to cooperate with us instead of constantly sabotaging everything.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really hope they gain more ground and squeeze the lige out of those that still are in Karabagh.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
BREAKING! Peacekeepers told to withdraw from parts of Karabakh! Azeri forces have captured a village and some important heights already! Developing!

Azerbaijan wants to finish this now!
These are marginal gains with no substantial effect on the battleground, hence, why Russia doesn't protest in Baku. However, if the situation threatens to escalate, the Aliyev regime will back down like always.

Azerbaijan should pray that the war in Ukraine worsens quickly for the Russians, forcing them to withdraw from Karabağ.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
These are marginal gains with no substantial effect on the battleground, hence, why Russia doesn't protest in Baku. However, if the situation threatens to escalate, the Aliyev regime will back down like always.

Azerbaijan should pray that the war in Ukraine worsens quickly for the Russians, forcing them to withdraw from Karabağ.
Yes, and while these gains are small. A more strategic move would be better. If Russia pulls out, Azerbaycan should establish border gates and control Israeli style and squeeze the life out of the Armenians in Karabagh.

I truly believe bordergate/control and registration of those that enter and leave is the best deterrent.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Did anyone expect that Russians would remove Armenian Forces from Karabakh as promised? Azerbaijan is doing everything right.

The ceasefire deal is a joke. Azerbaijan should kick out the ruskies, finish the job in Karabakh and if Armenia involves itself, take east zangezur as well.

World's attention is away and ruskies are busy elsewhere.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did anyone expect that Russians would remove Armenian Forces from Karabakh as promised? Azerbaijan is doing everything right.
This could change everything and deliver Azerbaijan a legally effective pretext to go in full steam ahead. Perhaps the Russians won't even interfere as long as Baku doesn't cross into internationally recognized territory of Armenia.

Hoping for the best.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,972
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The ceasefire deal is a joke. Azerbaijan should kick out the ruskies, finish the job in Karabakh and if Armenia involves itself, take east zangezur as well.

World's attention is away and ruskies are busy elsewhere.
Don't know about Zengezur since it would activate "article 5" of CSTO but Karabakh has to be cleaned from all Armenian occupiers.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Don't know about Zengezur since it would activate "article 5" of CSTO but Karabakh has to be cleaned from all Armenian occupiers.
If Armenia attacks first the clause would be invalid.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Armenia attacks first the clause would be invalid.
There definitely logic in you words..........but still ........... That is NAIVE thinking.
russian will fabricate situation and will used as excuss.

But we live in REAL world with REAL Things. I mean Turkiye already SAID IT to russians "It is time to fix this problem with nagorno karabakh. Meaning armanians must leave occupaite Azerbaijan territory".

Turkiye ALREADY SAID AND SHOWED. That Turkiye military is READY and support Azerbaijan when it is related to nagorno karabakh

It is so clear that there are not other way to understand it wrong!

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i dont think the Turkic republics would respond to that. having a direct land connection between Azerbaijan and Turkey benefits them immensely. they might sit that one out, at least.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
You are contradicting yourself, my friend.

Let's say Azerbaijan will solve Karabakh militarily. Turkey will be 100% behind Azerbaijan. Peacekeepers are kicked out and a military operation is launched. There is a high probability that Armenia, in an act of suicide, will attack Azerbaijan to try to save Karabakh. If Azerbaijan is attacked by Armenia, Azerbaijan will fight back even in the territory of Armenia and Turkey will be 100% behind Azerbaijan still.

Now Russia has a choice in that case e.g. come to the aid of Armenia by going to war with Azerbaijan and with 99% probability Turkey and with high probability NATO. The Russian army is getting destroyed in Ukraine - they do not have the ressources to intervene. Even if they intervene, Azeri weapons are way more capable than Ukraine's i.e. Russia will get destroyed.

So taking the scenario into consideration - Russia will tell Armenia that they attacked first and they have to do on their own i.e. no russian intervention

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom