Azerbaijan Armenia Tensions

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,056
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Armenia can't join NATO because Turkey will automatically block armenian membership; unless NATO kicks turkey.

When are they getting rid of the Russian bases?

Just looks like double dealing trying to extract as much concessions and support from either side. Basically saying to the Russians if you don't fight for me ill join the USA. But the reality is that if Armenia ever tried to bring American bases into Armenia, Russia would just invade it outright and it take it over. And who in the region will intervene to save them? Not Turkiye, not Iran, not Azerbaijan. Russians would concede Azeri regional concerns over Armenia to them as away to completely pacify Turkiye/Azerbaijan axis.

Armenians are playing a very dumb and dangerous game. To protect themselves from an outright Russian invasion they need Turkiye on their side, without it they cannot change their vassalage.

Desperate times from a state that fails to understand her own capabilities and worth.

This could also be a play from the americans to create pressure on Russia to make sure she intervenes on Armenias side against Azerbaijan. Because what we do know about the USA and Russia, when it comes to opposing Turkiye they work together.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not possible.
It is quite possible, we have seen the result in Finland and Sweden. If Armenia comes to the table, Türkiye will either be forced to accept or NATO will continue without Türkiye.

It's not about power. The world is not the old world and Türkiye is not the old Türkiye.

The year was 1964. In his reply to US President Johnson, who had sent him a letter full of negative statements, İsmet İnönü had said "a new world will be established and Türkiye will take its place in this world".

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,056
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
It is quite possible, we have seen the result in Finland and Sweden. If Armenia comes to the table, Türkiye will either be forced to accept or NATO will continue without Türkiye.

It's not about power. The world is not the old world and Türkiye is not the old Türkiye.

The year was 1964. In his reply to US President Johnson, who had sent him a letter full of negative statements, İsmet İnönü had said "a new world will be established and Türkiye will take its place in this world".

If you want Armenia to disappear off the map accept her into NATO. Because the moment it looks like she could enter the Russians would annex her and the geography means no one can stop it.

Russians would walk into Armenia with exceptional ease, its nothing like Ukraine. And i think they would it directly from Iran.

Because if i were Russia i would soon annex armenia then allow american bases in there. Because once armenia is NATO, georgia and azerbaijan will become NATO. Its even possible that a joint Russian/Iranian invasion takes place. Neither nation would accept their baby to become american property.

All Armenia would have to do if she wants a stable future is drop her terrortorial demands on neighbouring nations, then she could do it with Turkish support.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is no mechanism to expel a member state from NATO.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,056
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

trust if they want to get rid of us they would do it in an instant. American power doesn't need mechanisms to do or not do. Then their media will run non stop hit pieces justifying their actions, just like they did it when we spoke against swedish support for PKK terrorists.

Americans know how to be the worlds best gangsters when they want to be.

Remember were in NATO because they can manipulate us better, were in NATO because being outside of it is worse.

But lets say one day they kick us out of NATO, what happens? This is what happens you end up becoming strong allies with Russia, Iran and China. They don't want that. They will have left you no choice but to accommodate these rivals facing a bigger threat in america/nato.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you want Armenia to disappear off the map accept her into NATO. Because the moment it looks like she could enter the Russians would annex her and the geography means no one can stop it.

Russians would walk into Armenia with exceptional ease, its nothing like Ukraine. And i think they would it directly from Iran.

Because if i were Russia i would soon annex armenia then allow american bases in there. Because once armenia is NATO, georgia and azerbaijan will become NATO. Its even possible that a joint Russian/Iranian invasion takes place. Neither nation would accept their baby to become american property.

All Armenia would have to do if she wants a stable future is drop her terrortorial demands on neighbouring nations, then she could do it with Turkish support.
Russia cannot do anything against NATO. Of course, first there is the problem of how to get Armenia into NATO. America has experience with Ukraine and Georgia, it can play differently this time. As you said, Russia and the US can be brothers when Turks are involved.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,056
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Russia cannot do anything against NATO. Of course, first there is the problem of how to get Armenia into NATO. America has experience with Ukraine and Georgia, it can play differently this time. As you said, Russia and the US can be brothers when Turks are involved.

Just keep in mind that Turkish geography is a massive conduit to power and regional influence for any major outside power. What would happen if tomorrow Chinese bases appeared in Turkiye instead, would the europeans and americans like that? Now, I'm not saying this will happen or Turkiye wants such things, but there is a massive cost to losing Turkiye and they know it.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it's a memorized saying, anything can happen if the U.S. wants it to.

Also, all countries can give their consent with pressure. In this way, they would be able to justify the situation. It is not difficult for the Europeans/USA to create public opinion in the world with the lies of poor Armenia, which has escaped the oppression of Turkiye, Russia and Azerbaijan.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just keep in mind that Turkish geography is a massive conduit to power and regional influence for any major outside power. What would happen if tomorrow Chinese bases appeared in Turkiye instead, would the europeans and americans like that? Now, I'm not saying this will happen or Turkiye wants such things, but there is a massive cost to losing Turkiye and they know it.
Neither the government nor the opposition in Turkiye has the will to pay such a price. They are moving among the cogs of the wheel of the world, and I have no hope that they will get out of it.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,056
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Neither the government nor the opposition in Turkiye has the will to pay such a price. They are moving among the cogs of the wheel of the world, and I have no hope that they will get out of it.

yep i agree, but AK party politics has been as much a failure as their economic policies.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,963
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I’m assuming they understand that Karabakh isn’t Armenian territory and therefore they have fuck all reason to intervene?
First of all, I don't trust this twitter account. I blocked it before. Iran cannot do anything to Azerbaijan. Türkiye will not allow it. This geography should not experience another Iran-Iraq war.

We should not be a toy in the hands of Russia, Israel, China, the US and Europe.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,734
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know it was already mentioned here that Armenia will host military exercises with the US, but there's a bit more to indicate Armenia is signaling its realignment:

1. September 5: Armenia recalled its permanent representative to CSTO: https://arka.am/en/news/politics/pr...ppoints_him_as_ambassador_to_the_netherlands/
2. September 5: Armenia for the first time provided aid to Ukraine: https://www.azatutyun.am/a/32579589.html#:~:text=UKRAINE%20%2D%20An%20explosion%20is%20seen,RL's%20Armenian%20Service%20on%20Tuesday.
3. September 6: Armenian Prime Minister's wife arrives in Kyiv, will participate in summit along other notable speakers like Olena Zelenska, Ursula von der Leyen, and the Queen of Sweden
https://armenpress.am/eng/news/1118860
4. September 6: Finally, as already mentioned, Armenia announced it will host joint military exercise with the US next week
https://www.reuters.com/world/armenia-us-hold-joint-military-drills-sept-11-20-2023-09-06/

They were showing signs before the recent war as well, which is what I believe was a cause for the war to start asap

No Name

Reactions
5 325
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Russia doesn't have a land border with Armenia, and Russia's military is tied down in Ukraine. I think the best option for Turkey is to push for Azerbaijan to join NATO.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,746
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Whats happening rn is a punishment to Azerbaijan for not destroying Armenia once and for all during the recent war when Armenia was at its weakest
Idk what to say other than Turks didnt learn from their mistakes regardless of nationality

Now it will be harder for Azerbaijan to even wage a war against Armenia and if it did, it will be also harder to win compared to the previous war since Armenia is restocking on more advanced munitions

Armenia's current policy is way too similar to the PKK/YPG policy in which they will continue to hide behind both of the USA and Russia by holding exercises, meetings or whatever bullshit they come up with in order to prevent Azerbaijan from initiating a war. Meanwhile, Armenia will continue on restocking and shoring up international opinion to be on its side while waiting for the perfect timing to strike back

As long as the so-called Artsakh exists within Azerbaijan, then the Armenian cause will never die even after a 1000000 years. If Azerbaijan wanna win, then the complete elimination of Artsakh and the forceful deportation of all the Armenians living there either to Armenia or to the bottom of the sea..... period! BTW, this is the same same approach that should be taken to solve the PKK/YPG

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,746
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Russia doesn't have a land border with Armenia, and Russia's military is tied down in Ukraine. I think the best option for Turkey is to push for Azerbaijan to join NATO.
Azerbaijan will not join NATO since other Christian powers, led by Greece, France, Austria, and Germany will veto the decision. Moreover, thx to the massive Armenian populace in USA, it becomes difficult to go against such group's wishes as it will cost votes in the next presidential elections

The only way for all NATO countries to admit Azerbaijan into NATO is when Azerbaijan value becomes TOO important to let go; such instances include when Azerbaijan becomes joined (by land) to its enclave Nakchivan which is something that both Iran and Russia will do anything to stop even if it means going to war against Azerbaijan

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,145
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's the start of a narrative/movement that will become painful for TR, like with Sweden and Finland.

Even Snoop Dogg referred to Artsakh in his post on Instagram.

As I grow up Eazy E was right about Both Dr Dre and this Prick.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,145
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The terrorist Armenian state has taken advice from America, it is obvious. It seems to be politics talking, a game that Turkiye's rulers have failed at.

The only thing the Turkish government knows is the dreams of Ottomanism and Sunnism.

What a farce the Akp government is only using our Ottoman ancestors and Sunni Islam to their benefit.

Akp government is even trying to hand over properties seized by the Turkish republic. Ataturk seized their properties because he considered Armenians to have commit treason against the state and were no longer welcome in the newly formed Turkish republic. Which made sense why should Gazi Ataturk ever allow the Armenians after they killed so many Turks and tried to destroy the Turkish homeland.

Akp government is handing them all back is even trying to encourage armenians coming back to Turkiye they also turned a blind eye to illegal Armenians getting into Turkiye.

Akp has much to answer for cucking the Turkish republic that goes against the interests of the Majority Turkish population.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,701
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The sick hateful mind of a degenerate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/azerbaijan/comments/169009r
The eternal victims.
Ever since i learned about who Anita Sarkesian is and what her grift involves, i am convinced that the Armenians are genetically augmented nagging, grifting and seething machines.
Whats happening rn is a punishment to Azerbaijan for not destroying Armenia once and for all during the recent war when Armenia was at its weakest
Idk what to say other than Turks didnt learn from their mistakes regardless of nationality

Now it will be harder for Azerbaijan to even wage a war against Armenia and if it did, it will be also harder to win compared to the previous war since Armenia is restocking on more advanced munitions

Armenia's current policy is way too similar to the PKK/YPG policy in which they will continue to hide behind both of the USA and Russia by holding exercises, meetings or whatever bullshit they come up with in order to prevent Azerbaijan from initiating a war. Meanwhile, Armenia will continue on restocking and shoring up international opinion to be on its side while waiting for the perfect timing to strike back

As long as the so-called Artsakh exists within Azerbaijan, then the Armenian cause will never die even after a 1000000 years. If Azerbaijan wanna win, then the complete elimination of Artsakh and the forceful deportation of all the Armenians living there either to Armenia or to the bottom of the sea..... period! BTW, this is the same same approach that should be taken to solve the PKK/YPG
Largely agree. Enact decisive action and SMASH the whole bloody thing into pieces.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,152
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Seriously? The US sends 85 soldiers (mostly national guard) for a short training in Armenia and you all are acting like everything is lost?

Calm down. This changes nothing

Top Bottom