Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Dude has been going through an absolute sham of a trial, I've never been blind to the fact that Ukraine has massive problems with corruption despite supporting them defending themselves against Russia but this is honestly a disgrace.

Ukrainians cant be trusted didnt I say before that slavs cant be trusted.

Time for Turkiye to do something to free him!!

Funny how we can free Arabs or even Italians from terrorists but even go and help Turks who need our help.

What a disgrace!! The Ukrainians persecuting a man that is helping and fighting for them because of those Armenians

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Which weapons have azerbaijan purchased from Turkey apart from drones?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Ukrainians cant be trusted didnt I say before that slavs cant be trusted.

Time for Turkiye to do something to free him!!

Funny how we can free Arabs or even Italians from terrorists but even go and help Turks who need our help.

What a disgrace!! The Ukrainians persecuting a man that is helping and fighting for them because of those Armenians

Do we have any more details on this? Also do we know if Turkiye or Azerbaijan have even made an effort to get him released?

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I mentioned this one before but here's some details.

Translation of Bahar's comment for non-Russian speakers: Shame on Ukraine! On behalf of Armenians, they imprisoned innocent people! No evidence and no facts! Ukraine = corruption where you can easily manipulate a criminal case! With such treatment, Ukraine will never make it in Europe! Ukraine is no different from Russia when it comes to lawlessness!

Now, ignoring that heated rant, she does have a point that this is dodgy as hell. The two men were accused of kidnapping, stabbing and robbing a Spanish-Armenian citizen in their car, while they say the dude approached them at a restaurant in Kyiv, paid for the food and joined them in their car, where he asked if they would be interested in a "business proposal" - selling drugs - upon which they kicked him out of the car. Several issues here:

1) Accuser has been in Spain since the beginning of this mess, which has been going on for 2 years, and has continuously refused to show up in court because of "health issues". Nobody knows who the accuser is, which immediately throws up red flags.

2) The evidence they put together is a pair of pants supposedly belonging to the accuser with cuts on them. They originally claimed it was 1 cut, now it's about 9 additional cuts which magically appeared during the duration of the trial. Found zero blood in the car, BTW.

3) Accused have been denied bail, denied house arrest, have been detained for 2 years while their trial kept getting postponed and their living quarters were illegally searched and a gun was found with zero fingerprints that got tied to them because reasons.

These are not the only things fishy about this case.

The burden of proof is on the accuser here and in any normal country this joke of a trial would be thrown out but as I said before, while I feel for Ukraine getting invaded, they are still a massively corrupt country and will remain so for years after the war ends. Also wanna point out how foreign commenters are immediately taking them being angry at the decision as sign of their guilt because of course Azerbaijanis are just violent savages and this has nothing to do with these guys being stuck in lockup for TWO YEARS with zero ability to defend themselves. The claim that the dude approached them with an offer to sell drugs makes me suspect the original intention was to get them arrested for drugs if they agreed but that didn't work, so instead they got arrested for supposedly attacking someone in their car.

Probably going to get memory-holed since even Azerbaijani media doesn't give a damn about these guys let alone foreign ones but thought that people should know.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I mentioned this one before but here's some details.

Translation of Bahar's comment for non-Russian speakers: Shame on Ukraine! On behalf of Armenians, they imprisoned innocent people! No evidence and no facts! Ukraine = corruption where you can easily manipulate a criminal case! With such treatment, Ukraine will never make it in Europe! Ukraine is no different from Russia when it comes to lawlessness!

Now, ignoring that heated rant, she does have a point that this is dodgy as hell. The two men were accused of kidnapping, stabbing and robbing a Spanish-Armenian citizen in their car, while they say the dude approached them at a restaurant in Kyiv, paid for the food and joined them in their car, where he asked if they would be interested in a "business proposal" - selling drugs - upon which they kicked him out of the car. Several issues here:

1) Accuser has been in Spain since the beginning of this mess, which has been going on for 2 years, and has continuously refused to show up in court because of "health issues". Nobody knows who the accuser is, which immediately throws up red flags.

2) The evidence they put together is a pair of pants supposedly belonging to the accuser with cuts on them. They originally claimed it was 1 cut, now it's about 9 additional cuts which magically appeared during the duration of the trial. Found zero blood in the car, BTW.

3) Accused have been denied bail, denied house arrest, have been detained for 2 years while their trial kept getting postponed and their living quarters were illegally searched and a gun was found with zero fingerprints that got tied to them because reasons.

These are not the only things fishy about this case.

The burden of proof is on the accuser here and in any normal country this joke of a trial would be thrown out but as I said before, while I feel for Ukraine getting invaded, they are still a massively corrupt country and will remain so for years after the war ends. Also wanna point out how foreign commenters are immediately taking them being angry at the decision as sign of their guilt because of course Azerbaijanis are just violent savages and this has nothing to do with these guys being stuck in lockup for TWO YEARS with zero ability to defend themselves. The claim that the dude approached them with an offer to sell drugs makes me suspect the original intention was to get them arrested for drugs if they agreed but that didn't work, so instead they got arrested for supposedly attacking someone in their car.

Probably going to get memory-holed since even Azerbaijani media doesn't give a damn about these guys let alone foreign ones but thought that people should know.

Is there anyway to find out more details about the accuser?

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which weapons have azerbaijan purchased from Turkey apart from drones?

Multiple launch rocket systems​

T-122 Sakarya
TLRG-230
TRG-300 Tiger

MPT-76 Assault rifle
KNT-76 Sniper rifle

Target acquisition systems and Thermal/IR optic observation systems​

Şahin Gözü
Dragoneye
Dörtgöz thermal camera
DAS- DISTRIBUTED OPTICAL Aperture CAMERA SYSTEM
ASIR IR reconnaissance camera
Göz SeeSpot
ADLR LRF

Light armored cars​

Otokar Cobra
Otokar Cobra II
Otokar APV
Otokar Engerek

Light vehicles​

Land Rover License Copy

Military transportation trucks​

Unimog

Engineering and fortification vehicles​

FNSS Kunduz
Tosun
MEMATT
FNSS Samur

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

Multiple launch rocket systems​

T-122 Sakarya
TLRG-230
TRG-300 Tiger

MPT-76 Assault rifle
KNT-76 Sniper rifle

Target acquisition systems and Thermal/IR optic observation systems​

Şahin Gözü
Dragoneye
Dörtgöz thermal camera
DAS- DISTRIBUTED OPTICAL Aperture CAMERA SYSTEM
ASIR IR reconnaissance camera
Göz SeeSpot
ADLR LRF

Light armored cars​

Otokar Cobra
Otokar Cobra II
Otokar APV
Otokar Engerek

Light vehicles​

Land Rover License Copy

Military transportation trucks​

Unimog

Engineering and fortification vehicles​

FNSS Kunduz
Tosun
MEMATT
FNSS Samur

Nice! I would like more deals such as howitzers, IFV, and hisar/Siper air defense missiles. I would also love to see the Altay tank as the backbone of their tank force in the near future. Azerbaijan could also need modernization in their navy with ada class against the threat of both Russia and Iran in the Caspian sea. Hurjet,and atak 2 could be a huge force multiplier for the Azerbaijani air force. Hurjet would be ready before TF-X so I think it would be an exceptional solution for the Azerbaijan air force fleet with better radars, and weapons than their Mig29/SU25.

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
The commander of the Special Command Group of the Armed Forces of Turkey in Azerbaijan, General-Colonel Bahtiyar Ersay, has been appointed as the adviser to the Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan, General-Colonel Zakir Hasanov.

"Qafqazinfo" reports that he made a presentation as the adviser to Zakir Hasanov at the Collegium meeting of the Ministry of Defense today.

Bahtiyar Pasha spoke about the work carried out in the direction of aligning the Azerbaijan Army with the Turkish model, and the new achievements resulting from the reforms carried out.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The commander of the Special Command Group of the Armed Forces of Turkey in Azerbaijan, General-Colonel Bahtiyar Ersay, has been appointed as the adviser to the Minister of Defense of Azerbaijan, General-Colonel Zakir Hasanov.

"Qafqazinfo" reports that he made a presentation as the adviser to Zakir Hasanov at the Collegium meeting of the Ministry of Defense today.

Bahtiyar Pasha spoke about the work carried out in the direction of aligning the Azerbaijan Army with the Turkish model, and the new achievements resulting from the reforms carried out.

Nice development👏 Azerbaijan have an army of 400 000 soldiers if we include the reserves aswell. Azerbaijan will benefit from excellent nato training, aswell as defense deal. A strong azerbaijan will be important for Turkey, and the turkic world.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice! I would like more deals such as howitzers, IFV, and hisar/Siper air defense missiles. I would also love to see the Altay tank as the backbone of their tank force in the near future. Azerbaijan could also need modernization in their navy with ada class against the threat of both Russia and Iran in the Caspian sea. Hurjet,and atak 2 could be a huge force multiplier for the Azerbaijani air force. Hurjet would be ready before TF-X so I think it would be an exceptional solution for the Azerbaijan air force fleet with better radars, and weapons than their Mig29/SU25.

I think Azerbaijan high level officers will participate in the TFX roll-out ceremony.

I think Azerbaijan will also crown its drone adventure, started with TB2 and Akıncı and continue with Kizilelma.

Both brother state are currently working together for the transformation of the Azerbaijani army to Turkish standards and full integration of armies. In this regard, Air Force command and control systems have become standard equipment for Turk armies (Azerbaijan-Turkiye Armies). Therefore, as a continuation of this "Two State- One Army" concept, Hürjet trainer aircraft will become very important for joint training of Air Forces.

When Utku diesel powerpack are ready, Firtina-2 howitzers will be delivered to Azerbaijan.

SOM missiles will be delivered to Azerbaijan when KTJ3200 engines are operational.

In terms of air defense systems, Azerbaijan's inventory has many Israeli and Russian systems so I think there will be no need for air defense systems for a long time.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I think Azerbaijan high level officers will participate in the TFX roll-out ceremony.

I think Azerbaijan will also crown its drone adventure, started with TB2 and Akıncı and continue with Kizilelma.

Both brother state are currently working together for the transformation of the Azerbaijani army to Turkish standards and full integration of armies. In this regard, Air Force command and control systems have become standard equipment for Turk armies (Azerbaijan-Turkiye Armies). Therefore, as a continuation of this "Two State- One Army" concept, Hürjet trainer aircraft will become very important for joint training of Air Forces.

When Utku diesel powerpack are ready, Firtina-2 howitzers will be delivered to Azerbaijan.

SOM missiles will be delivered to Azerbaijan when KTJ3200 engines are operational.

In terms of air defense systems, Azerbaijan's inventory has many Israeli and Russian systems so I think there will be no need for air defense systems for a long time.

Perhaps the S300-Russian systems would be enough to face the geopolitical reality of Azerbaijan. However if they aiming to become a top notch army then they would need to have a concept with many different layers. Yes they have barak 8 to, but we dont know the quantity of the systems.

Kizilelma with SOM cruise missile, and other types of missiles will be awsome!

Okaber

Reactions
2 142
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Perhaps the S300-Russian systems would be enough to face the geopolitical reality of Azerbaijan. However if they aiming to become a top notch army then they would need to have a concept with many different layers. Yes they have barak 8 to, but we dont know the quantity of the systems.

kizilelma with SOM cruise missile, and other types of missiles will be awsome!

There are at least 3 Barak-8 batteries, 2 around Baku (according to satellite imagery) and 1 in Karabakh. Each battery with 4 launchers.

Could be more, but minimum 3 batteries. Azerbaijan also displayed a Barak-8 ER launcher during 2018 military parade, in addition to base Barak-8 variant.

PS: Azerbaijan also have several Buk-MB divisions.

Last edited:

Okaber

Reactions
2 142
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
There are at least 3 Barak-8 batteries, 2 around Baku (according to satellite imagery) and 1 in Karabakh. Each battery with 4 launchers.

Could be more, but minimum 3 batteries. Azerbaijan also displayed a Barak-8 ER launcher during 2018 military parade, in addition to base Barak-8 variant.

PS: Azerbaijan also have several Buk-MB divisions.

2 different Barak sites around Baku.

And in Karabakh:

(Barak 8 command center)

b3c23cb6155d227e8479136894fac7ea.jpg

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bahtiyar Ersay Paşa in Azerbaijani uniorm:
Screenshot_2022-12-13-20-37-02-603_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar Tech also has an important preparation for Azerbaijan. Baykar Field Coordinator Retired Staff Colonel Hüseyin Topuz is in charge of the organization. In the coming years, it may be possible to partially shift the serial production of some systems. The name of the company in Azerbaijan is Bayraktar Technology Azerbaijan

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom