Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
@Afif I heard BAF is considering C-295, I can't believe that BA aviation has it before BAF.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,377
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif I heard BAF is considering C-295, I can't believe that BA aviation has it before BAF.

Are they? BAF just bought 5 C-130 recently. Let me see….
But I heard Army may buy more in the future. Indonesian aerospace industry manufactures 50% of the aircraft right?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,372
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are they?
That's why I ask you, I scroll DTB twitter recently. There seems to be news abt BAF purchasing C-295 IIRC.
BAF just bought 5 C-130 recently. Let me see….
But I heard Army may buy more in the future. Indonesian aerospace industry manufactures 50% of the aircraft right?
yes, some part of it, like the tail

industrialCN295.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The Chief of Staff of the Bangladesh Air Force is visiting Morocco this week following the invitation of Major General Mohammed Gadih, Inspector of the Air Force Moroccan Royal. This visit aims to strengthen relations between the Moroccan and Bangladeshi air forces. Welcome!

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
From the visit of the Commander of the Bangladesh Air Force to the Kingdom to enhance cooperation with the Royal Air Force. The delegation coming from Bangladesh visited the 1st and 6th Air Bases, as well as the Royal Air Forces School Bases in Salé, Benkreir, and Marrakesh.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
4th BAF C-130 99-5481 (S3-AGH) on Jan 10. This one has been stored for long time due to financial issue. Instead of making toy aircraft BAF should clear it's due to bring this bird home and seriously do something about MRCA. Damn!! I totally forgot about that.

📸 Alexey Trailspotter

418864671_1556346211572937_3783246706556381747_n.jpg

418855390_1556346354906256_81802895884871277_n.jpg

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
We have enough pilots and engineers.. Now we need more fighter aircraft, armaments and missile systems for our Air Force. COAS ACM Hannan

Video in Bengali.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Anirban 2023 specially focused on BAF's activities during Turkey and Syria earthquake.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,377
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1711724658470.png

*GM403 is operational from this year. Excellent long range mobile Early Warning system. GaN based AESA sensor. Now BAF can detect and track 1²m RCS target in excess of 400km. If La Tribune was to be believed, then BAF bought 2x system.

*Additionally, according to SIRPI record, bought 6x Kronos Land, some became operational last year.

*And of course, we have 1x fixed RAT-31DL in Barishal.

Good thing is, these are all NATO Standard European systems and can be integrated easily.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
(According to SIRPI BAF bought 6 of them)

Though official source say they only bought 2.

They were interested in An-132 and C-27 but since An-132 has no future rn, C-27 is costly and PM didn't sign any defence pact with Italy TWICE then this is last option which makes sense. Army already has it. BAF will benefit from procuring it. BN should go for it too. BA will get better things faster than the other two cause it absorbs most of the budget and has more influence. Also BAF already transport aircraft.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,377
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Now get this, China sold us some really advanced systems.

1711725432926.png

Both REL-4 and JH-16 are long range strategic surveillance and early warning AESA radars.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,377
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Though official source say they only bought 2.

Any source? I only remember air chief saying, some new radars from Italy or something along the lines?

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

A training aircraft of Bangladesh Air Force has made “an emergency landing” in a paddy field on a wetland in Narail.

The incident occurred in the Tarashi Beel of Maizpara in Sadar Upazila around 2:40pm on Wednesday

Two Squadron leader Nadim and Mahfuz on the aircraft were safe and taken to the Air Force’s base in Jashore, according to the Fire Service and Civil Defence.

Sajedul Islam, an inspector at Narail Sadar police station, confirmed the matter.

The aircraft took off from Bangladesh Air Force Base Birshreshtha Matiur Rahman in Jashore at 1:34pm.

Farmers working in the Tarashi Beel rice fields saw the jet coming down later in the afternoon.

The two pilots, identified with single names as squadron leaders Mahfuz and Nadim, got off after the emergency landing.

They were taken to the base while senior Air Force officials inspected the site.

A helicopter of the Air Force arrived at the site later, but no member of the Air Force talked to the media.

Hedayet Hossain, a resident of the area, said the farmers working in the field moved away as they were frightened to see the jet coming down. Curious locals then gathered to see the aircraft.

“We saw two people getting off the aircraft safely,” Hedayet said.

Md Masud Rana, Station Officer of Narail Fire Service and Civil Defense, said: "We reached the spot after receiving information about the landing of the plane due to mechanical failure.”

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/nation/343383/baf’s-training-aircraft-makes-emergency-landing-in

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom