DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That's the thing, this would have made sense if we had a typical government right now. and also the armed forces are losing their ability to create pressure on the government in this kind of matter more and more as days go by, which is actually not surprising after seeing the slow politicization nature of defence for the last couple of years. So, I believe anything can happen, probably this one especially. Not to mention, a couple of years ago, this guy systematically restricted foreign cable television channels from many countries which we had been seeing for many decades, except making an easy path for only one country in the name of clean feed. Last of all, I don't want to say things here in public that might compromise my personal security, as this is the reality now, sadly.

I know, I have the same problem. Always put your safety first.

Anyway, I gone through carefully each by each about possible immediate future purchases that can be sourced from India. The thing is there is not much India can offer.

For example, Frigate program & MRCA. India doesn't have any read made alternatives. Tejas is a single engine fighter. (It is very unlikely, now AF will launch a new tender after already canceling the first one)

As for Frigate, India doesn't have any proven platform (in our requirement class) that they can offer.

As for other things, Our $1 billion purchase from Turkey is still ongoing. HISAR, KHAN, ATMACA. More TIGER MLRS.

I don't think we are going to buy anything big for a while.

Also, if you remember, as per negotiation last year, India agreed to allow 35% of line of credit to be used for third party hardware purchase.

Even then, army ordered some stupid cheap stuff. Only big things that can be bought I think is logistic ship & tanker that navy put on the wish list to India for procurement. Which may cost hundred of millions.

But first, they singed an MOU for 22 coastal radars in 2019. The deal still hasn't been cleared to this day. If they do that, we will see how it goes moving forward.

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I know, I have the same problem. Always put your safety first.

Anyway, I gone through carefully each by each about possible immediate future purchases that can be sourced from India. The thing is there is not much India can offer.

For example, Frigate program & MRCA. India doesn't have any read made alternatives. Tejas is a single engine fighter. (It is very unlikely, now AF will launch a new tender after already canceling the first one)

As for Frigate, India doesn't have any proven platform (in our requirement class) that they can offer.

As for other things, Our $1 billion purchase from Turkey is still ongoing. HISAR, KHAN, ATMACA. More TIGER MLRS.

I don't think we are going to buy anything big for a while.

Also, if you remember, as per negotiation last year, India agreed to allow 35% of line of credit to be used for third party hardware purchase.

Even then, army ordered some stupid cheap stuff. Only big things that can be bought I think is logistic ship & tanker that navy put on the wish list to India for procurement. Which may cost hundred of millions.

But first, they singed an MOU for 22 coastal radars in 2019. The deal still hasn't been cleared to this day. If they do that, we will see how it goes moving forward.
Pray and hope that you are right. My thoughts were exactly like this since the LOC deal and it's not just me or you I mean like many other people also expressed the same thing including me, it was and is still the reality. Except this time, seems something will happen, scenario and geo-political situations are completely different since the pandemic. The only sector that haven't fully penetrated yet and they are trying hard.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

@Isa Khan @yf120 @F-6 enthusiast @PutinBro

Good stuff, but only problem is the number. Buying 1 battery every 2/3 years not gonna solve the problem. (I can see four guns, but one fire control system.)

If we were to go by the need of 10x infantry divisions, We need at least 12x batteries of these AAA guns (Preferably self propelled) in the medium term. And at least 30x batteries in the long term. (2040)

yf120

Reactions
1 61
Nation of residence
St V'nt & the Gr'dines
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

@Isa Khan @yf120 @F-6 enthusiast @PutinBro

Good stuff, but only problem is the number. Buying 1 battery every 2/3 years not gonna solve the problem. (I can see four guns, but one fire control system.)

If we were to go by the need of 10x infantry divisions, We need at least 12x batteries of these AAA guns (Preferably self propelled) in the medium term. And at least 30x batteries in the long term. (2040)
Looks like the swiss german one, anyways, should try to take a license and build in the country, or still have capability issues?

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The CS/AAA3 was showcased in 2017 MHD and after the Rohingya issue, I thought the plan was cancelled. Anyway, as usual BA took their time to get it finally. Wondering if they will get the SP version too as promised.

1710969489851.png

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The CS/AAA3 was showcased in 2017 MHD and after the Rohingya issue, I thought the plan was cancelled. Anyway, as usual BA took their time to get it finally. Wondering if they will get the towed version too as promised.

View attachment 66686

Our ones are towed version.

I think it is they realised Orelikon GDF 009 was too expensive and cannot be procured in numbers. Seems like there are four guns with our CS/AAA-3 system.

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The CS/AAA3 was showcased in 2017 MHD and after the Rohingya issue, I thought the plan was cancelled. Anyway, as usual BA took their time to get it finally. Wondering if they will get the SP version too as promised.

View attachment 66686
Will they get all these and also Hishar

I Thought bangladesh already ordered hishar o and will receive this year .. but they didnt show anything in weapon expo ...
Also what about Khan ballestic missile ..

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Will they get all these and also Hishar

I Thought bangladesh already ordered hishar o and will receive this year .. but they didnt show anything in weapon expo ...
Also what about Khan ballestic missile ..

They didn't receive HISAR yet. Not sure if KHAN contract has been concluded. But they seems to be showing a small model on display.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Why is the Bangladesh Army buying rotary wing attack UAV?

Bangladesh Army has recently inducted the Bayraktar TB-2 under the 67 UAV Regiment. Bayraktar TB-2 is a fixed wing unmanned combat aerial vehicle having the capabilities of operating in medium altitude with long endurance.

Like all other fixed wing UCAVs, the limiting factors of the Bayraktar TB-2 are it requires a runway to take-off and landing, has low maneuverability, no hovering capability, and ineffective when the enemy is in the cover of tree lines, trench, foxholes etc.

But it has the advantages of operational range, efficiency, speed, altitude, and most effective when there's enough space for the missile to hit the target (e.g. open field, outskirt of jungle, road having jungle on both sides).

On the other hand, VTOL UAVs are capable of hovering, highly maneuverable, and doesn't require a runway to operate. It can attack during hovering which gives it advantage over enemies in places where missiles from fixed wing UCAVs can't hit by cruising (e.g. trenches, foxholes, jungle having small opening in the canopy, hilly or mountainous areas).

VTOL UAVs have the limitations which are opposite to the advantages of fixed wing UAVs. The low altitude makes it vulnerable to the enemy light weapons. However, the combination of both types of UAVs is the best option to achieve maximum success in the battlefield.

If we look at the ongoing battle in the Russia-Ukraine fronts, it will give us a clear view of the importance of both types of UAVs. It's appreciable that the Bangladesh Army is purchasing both types of UCAVs realizing the ongoing tactics of the battlefield worldwide.

Reactions
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Joining the UN at such a significant level was a strategic decision, opening numerous avenues for acquiring defense equipment and other opportunities.

"Black Hawk Down" is a captivating film. However, I'm unsure whether it was Pakistani or Bangladeshi soldiers whom the US sought assistance from towards the movie's conclusion.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1712175165906.jpeg

1712174590685.jpeg

Roketsan TRG-230. Bangladesh Army, 51st MLRS Regiment.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom