PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think because of greater availability and familiarisation 7.62×39 may not be discarded in favour of 5.56×45 for deployment in regular infantry.

R

Roman Empire Restorist

Not good relations, more like a functioning relationship.
I agree but Bangladesh has to look properly to our South-Eastern Border, protecting Chittagong Region from the Burmese Junta and somewhat good relationship with India is needed but Bangladesh has to be careful it doesn't get too dependant on India

Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
ASU Div Sign

Attachments

• Army Security Ucnit.png
    Army Security Ucnit.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 67

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flextape It seems army has over 100 old Chinese anti-aircraft guns. Do we know what they will be replaced with?
With Oerlikon GDF-009?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
not sure, but they will be replaced by the end of 2040

And i am trying to figure out how many Oerlikon battery army bought already.

Last edited:

Titu Mir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
18x completing the whole 45mlrs regiment.
51MLRS regiment using 1x battery (6x vehicle) along with 2x TRG-300 batteries. (Completing the whole regiment)
52MLRS independent battery (6x vehicle) with 7th division. ( if they make it into a full fledged regiment in the future it would be very good for South-Western divisions)

So, that’s in total 30x WS-22A that we can confirm by counting the number of currently commissioned units in the army. But tbh there could more WS-22A that has been already delivered but the units aren’t officially commissioned yet. For example we received first WS-22A in 2014 but the first regiment (45th MLRS regiment) was only raised in 2018.

Note- whatever MLRS regiment 1x TRG-230 battery (last remaining battery of Kaplan MLRS regiment that was supposed to be delivered later as army chief clearly announced during the commissioning of first 2x batteries in savar in 2021) was commissioned with last year in chottogram) has open slot for 2x more MLRS batteries. (Maybe they could fill the slot with 2x WS-22A batteries like they did 51MLRS regiment, or maybe more TRG-230 are on the way, we saw Ukrainian army using a battery with exact BD camouflage)
Correct Supporting Document Appended

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-122844_WPS Office.png
    Screenshot_20230717-122844_WPS Office.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 61

Titu Mir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
A new Riverine Engineer Brigade (under 19div or Indp) may be raised as soon as possible, as news have been circulating in both AHQ and Area HQ Ghatail that the procedures have started in order to form a Adhoc RE Bde. As the news is more prominent in Ghatail and 19 Div is the only div with 2 Div Engr Bn, chances of the new RE Bde being under 19 Div is quite likely but again, as most of our Engrs are Indp, there are chances of the Bde being Indp as well.

A new STHQ will be raised in Mirpur cantt ASAP as the cantt was lacking one despite hosting 3 Arty Regts, HQ 6 AD, NDC and DSCSC among others. Currently the STHQ is in its Adhoc state.
any update on this

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flextape is there a such unit as 46th ad hoc air defense artillery regiment?
I know that there is 48th air defense artillery regiment.

Actually, i am trying to figure out how many Oerlikon anti aircraft batteries Army bought.
My strong impression is, 2x batteries are already i. Service. And probably more are on order.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Flextape Which Armour regiment is with 11th infantry division?
Also, is it part of 93rd armoured brigade or independent?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom