Flextape

Reactions
1 96
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That is what i am talking about here.
If Med Arty Regt act as offensive element in support of maneuver force (armor regiment+mech infantry) then my argument is, we should convert all of our Med Arty Regt ( assuming they are consist of 122mm and 130mm guns) into heavy 155mm Artillery regiment, ( preferably Self propelled, because modern artillery warfare tactics relies on shoot and scoot tactics to avoid counter fire and getting taken out by enemy air strikes) as our 122mm 130mm howitzers are grossly outgunned by adversaries 155/52 heavy artilleries.
I totally agree with you on this regard, matter of fact everyone thought that this would be the norm until ARTDOC said otherwise. BUT as an offensive element the 155 does makes way more sense

P.S most of our 122mm Guns are field too, although the PL-96 are considered as Med Arty despite being 122

Also, I think I couldn't make it clear in my 1st post,

"Offensive" in Artillery terms doesn't mean it will go with armd or Inf as a forward fighting force, rather it will support them from the back by picking off the enemy's Arty, Mtr, HQ etc. Basically cripple their rear elements. A more accurate term would be basically "Counter Battery"

Where as the Field Arty will join Armd, Inf etc in the frontline as a direct Cover/Shield from Enemy Inf, Armd etc
Eg. Fire-For-Effect, Walking Barrage, Continuous Harassments etc

Also, The Boran howitzers are most probably for the new 21st Para Bde under 17 Div (Not Confirmed, just speculation)

However, here is a note. The unit formation list you emailed me there are references to only 5 Med Arty Regt.

The Army has around 7 Med Regts in Total. So yes there are lackings, but those lackings are currently fulfilled by the Chinese M-30s. And at this point I don't even think that they will be given more equipment.

Any idea how our infantry brigades could be structured in the future? (Taking MRSAM into consideration)

Nothing would really change but the fact that our soldiers will move in btr-80s rather than in Arunima 3 tons

Also the ATVs mentioned in the above tender is for Asslt plnr Pl (Inf) and TA & Svy Pl (Arty). this is to increase mobility

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,293
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
"Offensive" in Artillery terms doesn't mean it will go with armd or Inf as a forward fighting force, rather it will support them from the back by picking off the enemy's Arty, Mtr, HQ etc. Basically cripple their rear elements. A more accurate term would be basically "Counter Battery"

Where as the Field Arty will join Armd, Inf etc in the frontline as a direct Cover/Shield from Enemy Inf, Armd etc
Eg. Fire-For-Effect, Walking Barrage, Continuous Harassments etc

Well, that is new.
I didn't know that field artillery functions as Frontline support element for Armd and Inf alike.
Previously i assumed field Arty is assigned for regular Inf support and Med Arty is to support armored+mech Inf elements.

Our organizational structure and its doctrinal implications seems to be quite different in some aspects compared to US army.

(Excuse my same analogy over an over again. I can only read US Army's technical publications as they are available online. Wish I could read our own doctrinal and technical publications in the same way.)

Also, The Boran howitzers are most probably for the new 21st Para Bde under 17 Div (Not Confirmed, just speculation.)

Is there any chance Boran would be standardized as for Field Arty as replacement for all of our old 105mm guns gradually?

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
an interim solution to use Mi-17sh with rocket pods/gun pods in CHT , until we get Attack helos (whenever that is :cautious:)
1684439067023.png

We have thousands of Russian origin ATGM , is it too difficult to integrate them to Mi-17sh ?

not ideal but some form of air power needed

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,293
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Nothing's wrong with CAS. We did scramble jets against AA before.

Politically, it would look bad in international arena.

Turks bombed PKK targets within their border and look how it turned out for them.

'Oh look, Turks are bombing their ethnic minorities and oppressing them!'
-Westwrn media.

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,817
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
We aren't not bombing the ethnic minority, we're fighting a terrorist group in contact with Islamic terrorist group which took 20+ lives so far. I don't know what's the deal between Turkey-PKK and I not interested in that but we shouldn't care what politically motivated hypocrites from outside world think about eradicating some terrorist who kill people, extort money and disrupt people's lives. And nobody even talked about these criminals so why bother overthinking it?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,293
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This is very likely to be false.

We have only 1x regiment of these in commission.
If there were more of these we could have seen more than 1x regiment in commission by now.

@Flextape @F-6 enthusiast

Last edited:

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Politically, it would look bad in international arena.

Turks bombed PKK targets within their border and look how it turned out for them.

'Oh look, Turks are bombing their ethnic minorities and oppressing them!'
-Westwrn media.
Unlikely to happen to us
1. They do not have any sizable diaspora population in any western country that can act as a vote bank/political pressure group
2. CHT is not known to be resource rich
3. Noya Dilli is having its own share of problems with them

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,817
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This is very likely to be false.

We have only 1x regiment of these in commission.
If there were more of these we could have seen more than 1x regiment in commission by now.

@Flextape @F-6 enthusiast

Should've specified what kind of artillery. We received more WS-22 in 2019 and after that. (there were also photos of pre-inspection) In 2019's post, it said we would receive two more regiments (probably excluding the new shipment). So that could be included in 2020's report with additional ones perhaps. 🤔

1684941140278.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,293
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Should've specified what kind of artillery. We received more WS-22 in 2019 and after that. (there were also photos of pre-inspection) In 2019's post, it said we would receive two more regiments (probably excluding the new shipment). So that could be included in 2020's report with additional ones perhaps. 🤔

View attachment 57668

@Isa Khan I actually know about those deliveries in 2019.

If you remember the photos, 2x batteries (12x launchers) were delivered.

One of them joined 51th MLRS regiment as @Flextape previously indicated

Another one was very likely to be commissioned with 52th independent MLRS battery (7th division)

After 2019 deliveries, I didn't see any photos of new deliveries.

Alos, if more WS-22 were acrually delivered, we should have seen new MLRS regiments getting raised.

On a side note- @Flextape With what regiment or battery TRG-230 was commissioned in chottogram last year? In video it says two regiment was raised. I am assuming one is 44th SHORAD regiment with FM-90 another one is MLRS regiment with TRG-230. (but what is the designation?)

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom