Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bangladesh Navy has expressed interest in pursuing a course similar to the one that a few officers of the Indian Navy took at Gujarat National Law University, said S Shanthakumar, director of GNLU while addressing the 18th foundation day event on Saturday.

GNLU had signed an Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Navy in May 2020 for conducting short and long duration training programmes.

Pursuant to the MoU, the university conducted four-month residential programme where five officers of the Indian Navy had participated. “The Indian Navy has expressed the desire to have more such courses. Now even Bangladesh Navy has approached us for a similar programme,” Shanthakumar said while addressing the foundation day event where Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama was present.

Apart from Bangladesh Navy, the Indian Coast Guard also has approached GNLU for conducting training programmes for coast guard officers, officials later told The Sunday Express.

Baron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
He took photos of lada and project 22356.Defseca also claimed that BN is interested in Project 22356 and lada.

Isnt it quite odd as BN never inducted any major Russian naval equipment?Frigate programme is already delayed.I hope they take a decision soon.

DefSeca just made a fairy tale based on three photos because there's nothing new going on. They copy-pasted few things from Rosoboronexport's press release, included some old news and speculation and made the report. Nothing significant about it. Check those link to match what DefSeca copied.

Though minister Inu once said that BN was interested in Kilo class, that was before purchasing the Ming class. I hope BN has started process to buy new submarine as the construction of BNS Sher-E-Bangla inches towards completion.

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Member/s from Bangladesh Navy joined "CAT I Class 21-007" of U.S Navy's Surface Rescue Swimmer School at Jacksonville.

1626683132324.png

209340824_178690214285882_671445723507510559_n.jpg

214960828_178690657619171_7489646131561862261_n.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
He took photos of lada and project 22356.Defseca also claimed that BN is interested in Project 22356 and lada.

Isnt it quite odd as BN never inducted any major Russian naval equipment?Frigate programme is already delayed.I hope they take a decision soon.

Bangladesh should take South Korean solution for major Frigates programme. You guys already cooperated with them in this field

Baron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
DefSeca just made a fairy tale based on three photos because there's nothing new going on. They copy-pasted few things from Rosoboronexport's press release, included some old news and speculation and made the report. Nothing significant about it. Check those link to match what DefSeca copied.

Though minister Inu once said that BN was interested in Kilo class, that was before purchasing the Ming class. I hope BN has started process to buy new submarine as the construction of BNS Sher-E-Bangla inches towards completion.

I don't care what defseca did.The main point is that the BN officer took photos of Russian subs and frigates.Why would a member of a delegation team take photo of something if they aren't interested in it?

I really hope we don't end up with ruskie frigates.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't care what defseca did.The main point is that the BN officer took photos of Russian subs and frigates.Why would a member of a delegation team take photo of something if they aren't interested in it?

I really hope we don't end up with ruskie frigates.

I will just leave your old reply here.

Just because someone took their photo while they were inspecting the model doesn't mean that they are interested in DW2000L.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This has nothing to do with my old reply.

I wouldn't have said that if he didn't took the photo.Both are different.

If BN's really interested in Kilo they can inspect the real thing in Russia. Taking photo means nothing. In that case i can say BN's interested in Type-39 submarine just because there was scale model exhibited in the "Development Fair". DSME 2000L was unveiled at that show for the first time and BN's officers were being briefed about. (Not saying that they are interested).

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Chief of Naval Staff Admiral, M Shaheen Iqbal on Friday left Dhaka for Russia on an official visit to Russia after being invited by the Russian Navy Chief Admiral, Nikolai Anatolyevich Yemenov.

Assistant Navy Chief (operations) and Navy Administrative Authorities of Dhaka saw off the navy chief at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital, according to a media release issued by ISPR.

During the visit to Russia, the navy chief will join the 5th Main Naval Parade on 25 July and participate in a view exchange meeting of Naval Chiefs from different countries.

He will also meet the Navy Chief Admiral Nikolai Anatolyevich Yemenov and other high officials.

Later, he will visit the country's naval headquarters and other historical places.

The naval chief is expected to return home on 30 July.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom