Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
MILGEM export?

Possible. It could also be about ASuW LPC, submarine rescue vessel, LPD and tanker. Turkish company already contacted BN for ASuW project. So i think they will discuss about MILGEM and ASuW.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Possible. It could also be about ASuW LPC, submarine rescue vessel, LPD and tanker. Turkish company already contacted BN for ASuW project. So i think they will discuss about MILGEM and ASuW.

Does Bangladesh have a procurement plan for any vessels announced to the press?

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sorry bro, I didn't understand your question.

Has the Bangladesh navy ever announced its need for any ships? I'm talking about an official request. For example; Frigates, Corvettes...

Edit; Sorry i saw little bit late.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Has the Bangladesh navy ever announced its need for any ships?

Yes, the link says they will build two OPVs but they plan to build total six OPVs. Also PM and BN declared multiple times that Bangladesh will build six frigate in Chittagong Dry Dock (CDDL). New dry dock and design house will be built for that. Delegation from Naval Group, CSOC, Fincantieri, STX, Damen visited CDDL. But BN is really behind the schedule in frigate project. BN also plan to operate six submarine by 2030.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

The chief of Bangladesh Navy Admiral M. Shaheen IQBAL and his accompanying delegation paid a visit to Military Factory and Shipyard Management Inc. (ASFAT).

Possible cooperation projects between ASFAT and Bangladesh Navy were discussed within the scope of the visit.

In line with the visit ASFAT tweeted the following:

The chief of Bangladesh Navy Admiral M. Shaheen IQBAL visited ASFAT’s premises in Istanbul Shipyard. During the visit, the delegation was introducing to ASFAT and its activities. Potential cooperation opportunities were evaluated as well."

Experienced in shipyard and corvette construction, ASFAT, is in close contact with Pakistan, Kazakhstan and the Philippines in this field.

It is expected that ASFAT will realize remarkable exports in the field of navy modernization, shipyard and corvette construction in the near future.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
During the meeting, the naval chiefs discussed issues of mutual interest including training between the two friendly countries, shipbuilding, enhancing mutual cooperation in cyber security.

https://www.ispr.gov.bd/রাষ্ট্রীয়-সফর-শেষে-তুরস্/

CNS News Pic-1

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

There's a separate thread for coast guard.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
So something around milgem is brewing I reckon?

IF the reports and local pages speculations about four more heavy corvette are true. I really think we need something like Jinnah/Gowind/SIGMA 10514 to counter at least MN's new frigate as our frigate program is getting delayed.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
One more LCU (probably for Bhashan Char), one Stingray class HSB (8 supposed to be under construction) and two survey boats spotted. After the lunching one year ago, it looks like these survey boats are being fitted with equipment finally.

1623397930265.png

1623398043478.png

T

Turko

Bangladesh Navy deserves attention because they're first foreign user of Chinese FL3000 SAMs.

FL 3000 currently first operational copy of US RAMs. I would like to know about its performance. How is the experience of BN with the SAM?

1623674328312.png

1623673905899.png

BNS Shadhinota FL 3000
1623673309886.png
1623673666218.png
1623673717906.png

1623682135253.png

The missile has very interesting seeker combination.
Imaging infrared (ImIR) guidance and millimeter wave radar (MMW) guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom