Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
BNS Nabajatra and BNS Joyjatra in Bangladesh's first full-fledged submarine base, BNS Sheikh Hasina.

1711559411249.png

1711559438088.png

1711559485519.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
At least the base and the boats are looking nice.

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Is this the base in bd? I reckoned for 2 billion the sun base will be with protective shelters but I guess most of it went into maintenance infrastructure
the base in china use by PLAN navy.yes it seems to that they have spent most of money in sub related infrastructure.They have also made a dry dock.
FB_IMG_1712675038980.jpg

FB_IMG_1712675047255.jpg

FB_IMG_1712675061079.jpg

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,379
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just a quick question in regards to the expanded pier. Does BN plan to add more submarine hulls? If yes, wot type?

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Just a quick question in regards to the expanded pier. Does BN plan to add more submarine hulls? If yes, wot type?
according to information released in 2022 they will add 2 new subs by 2027.total 4-6 new sub planned by 2030 depends on who u ask.

Bluetooth

Reactions
4 72
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Keep the Chinese, Korean & Turkish in mind.
china and south korea shown their true colors in burma conflict.Türkiye brothers are always the best option but i am not sure wether milden will be ready soon.maybe Turkish experts in forum will be able to tell.

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
china and south korea shown their true colors in burma conflict.Türkiye brothers are always the best option but i am not sure wether milden will be ready soon.maybe Turkish experts in forum will be able to tell.
Still, most likely the sub will be Chinese. Chinese investment in the infrastructure, Chinese sub to train on it just seems like a no brainer

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
We need four, preferably six state of art AIP boats by mid 2030s to develop credible deterrence. It is not feasible to match Indian's Navy's surface fleet even proportionally to our size.

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This one is definitely a capable boat.But the biggest issue is it lacks lithium-ion batteries.China is working on these and such technology may be installed on follow up designs but BD may not get those.If I remember correctly, the submarine showed in a previous hardware display is type 039B so there is chance we may not even get this one.

Most likely we're gonna get the type 039B if Chinese subs are purchased.(maybe with some upgrades like Pakistan)
IMG-20240416-WA0000.jpg

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This one is definitely a capable boat.But the biggest issue is it lacks lithium-ion batteries.China is working on these and such technology may be installed on follow up designs but BD may not get those.If I remember correctly, the submarine showed in a previous hardware display is type 039B so there is chance we may not even get this one.

Most likely we're gonna get the type 039B if Chinese subs are purchased.(maybe with some upgrades like Pakistan)
View attachment 67341
These boats are really good especially with the AIP integration. The lithium ion batteries can be installed in an overhaul right? I think these will be perfect for bd but that base needs effective air defence

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom