Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
N’DJAMENA (Reuters) - Chad has deployed 1,200 troops to help tackle Islamist militants who have occupied swathes of territory in the West African Sahel region, a statement from a summit of leaders of the region and their allies said on Tuesday.

Heads of state of Niger, Mali, Chad, Burkina Faso and Mauritania, who form the G5 Sahel group, met with European and other international allies to discuss progress on combating the insurgents linked to al Qaeda and the Islamic State who are threatening the stability of the region.

The Chadian troops, who are expected to be deployed in the tri-border region of Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso, will complement more than 5,100 French troops that are involved in counter-terrorism operations in the Sahel, French President Emmanuel Macron said at a press conference after the summit.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
So here is the Chadian battalion that is to be deployed alongside other troops of the G5 Sahel. I have seen Chadian soldiers in northern Mali at the begining of Opération Serval and what I can say is despite how poorly they were equipped,they were a fierce fighting force with a lot of courage and a great knowledge of the terrain,accomplished their mission despite the heavy casualties they have suffered. They are going to be a great addition without any doubt.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,948
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
So here is the Chadian battalion that is to be deployed alongside other troops of the G5 Sahel. I have seen Chadian soldiers in northern Mali at the begining of Opération Serval and what I can say is despite how poorly they were equipped,they were a fierce fighting force with a lot of courage and a great knowledge of the terrain,accomplished their mission despite the heavy casualties they have suffered. They are going to be a great addition without any doubt.

They are just too Chad for this planet.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom