Committed member
Germany Moderator
Reactions
1 458
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Austria
China certainly up-scale's it's military inventory to counter US intentions and hegemony in it's vicinity, or what it defines as it's sphere of assuring the security of China and it's people, and has nothing to do with taking over Taiwan.
If they wanted to, they could have done it yesterday.
Talking about independence is one thing - going into a war for it is a totally different matter. And both the people living on Taiwan and Mainland China know this.

It's just certain politicians - on Taiwan and those outside politicians promoting that idea who's intention is simply to create and increase needless antipathy towards China and it's population.

And that sphere extends from where to where? You honestly believe that the CCP, especially under Xi, doesn't wish to reintegrate the "renegade province" by military means once it's possible to do so?

What Russia thought about Ukraine too, it's rather ridiculous to assume that an operation like this is easy.

Just to understand your position here, you think that the belligerent rhetoric is solely coming from the west and Taiwan? It's not that I don't get your point about the negative reporting on China that the western media constantly does(and should be rightfully criticized for), but I'm not sure if you've followed chinese press releases over the years?

No I don't. - Xi's enemy isn't the population of Taiwan - but simply certain politicians and those outside politicians that try to provoke an independence move.

China's military is way more advanced and capable then that of poor ($), conscript depended and low army moral plagued Russia - it wouldn't be that easy, but China could do it any time.

The "inciting" rhetoric is coming from outside - unfortunately IMO, Xi wasn't well advised to bring in the added sentence (reunification if necessary with military means) - but obviously he found it to be a clear massage add-on, to those wanting to play with fire.

The Taiwan issue is (as you know) a hell of a complicated issue - and if outsiders keep involving and inciting, the chances of a military conflict gets higher and higher.

China and it's regarded province of Taiwan - have more or less coexisted very peacefull and economically very successfully in the past 40 years. I don't have a Cristal ball but I do see a high chance for China becoming more liberal in the next 25 years and as such becoming far more attractive for the people on Taiwan to actually see the benefit of really sharing one government. - as such truly becoming one country.
And it is this probability, that makes the USA worry day and night - as such they are and will do everything to disturb and disrupt this process.
The more the USA and it's buddies instigate, the less liberal China will get - again a clear policy instigated and conducted by the USA.

Xi would be a moron if he considers the average taiwanese to be an enemy, but taiwanense or western politicians "provoking an independence move" of Taiwan is a questionable statement. Taiwan is not recognised as a sovereign state by the majority of nations, yet it retains its own government, armed forces and political system completely independent from Beijing. It may be as economically interlinked with the PRC as can be, but it still cannot be called part of China.

Russia's biggest issue in that regard is corruption, from the General to the private. The chinese military has a lot of new, shiny equipment, but none of that is battle-tested, especially not the Navy, which in an amphibious invasion is the most important factor in the equation. The training of the chinese sailor and marine is more important in that regard than the new technologies employed.

Over in the Is Taiwan Next thread I wagered a guess as to when an invasion(should the issue not be resolved diplomatically) would occur, and the most precise date I put for was April of 2027. China would have the necessary build-up and its advantage overwhelming, compared to the present not too big advantage, economically it might be equal to the US and it would have the immense centennial propaganda benefit of finishing what the Kuomintang started with the Shanghai massacre of the 12th of April 1927.

As you said, none here have a crystal ball to gauge the future with... but I don't see China turning more liberal as long as Xi is in power and the West, especially US, remains as hostile as they are now. Western liberalism won't be idolized as long as Trump(or whatever other ridiculous idiot) is perceived as "the leader of the free world". The US doesn't need to instigate much with it's propaganda machinery, it simply needs to be as extroverted, arrogant and overbearing as it has been, all the while not addressing the myriad of issues plaguing that country, and the CCP will have plenty of material to work with.
Maybe we can move this discussion here, @Jagdflieger ? It doesn't really fit into the CN Navy thread...

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Almost no one in mainland China believes the mainland and Taiwan will fight a war, this is all a hyped up scheme made by the west. Chinese people's mood is all on making money and getting rich. US and west are hell bent to goad every nation to fight China but it doesn't dare to fight China by itself.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom