Army Comfort zone

greyhawke

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Hong Kong
Would you leave your comfort zone to prevent all out foreign invasion of your country?

greyhawke

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Hong Kong
Your case is different from others,isnt it?
It depends on what you mean by "different".

Actually, I've been trying to gauge China's resolve to defend itself from foreign invasion by adapting to the most novel (military) tactics and technology in Western civilisation.

As of now, I am doubtful of the CCP's willingness to make the necessary adjustments to counter the threat of all out foreign invasion by an American-led international coalition.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
It depends on what you mean by "different".

Actually, I've been trying to gauge China's resolve to defend itself from foreign invasion by adapting to the most novel (military) tactics and technology in Western civilisation.

As of now, I am doubtful of the CCP's willingness to make the necessary adjustments to counter the threat of all out foreign invasion by an American-led international coalition.
There will never be a coalition invading China,be realistic.
Btw, im Turkish,i would always fight for my country no matter the zone i am in.

greyhawke

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Hong Kong
There will never be a coalition invading China,be realistic.
Btw, im Turkish,i would always fight for my country no matter the zone i am in.

Obviously, I disagree with your viewpoint, which is based on the assumption that no Western coalition could ever overcome China's nuclear capability in order to invade their country.

Whether your answer is right or not actually depends on the source, but how do you know that my own sources are invalid?

About fighting for your country, I think that people on both sides in WW2 had been compelled to move out of their comfort zones due to the extraordinary circumstances of "total warfare", which had massively affected the civilians on both sides.

But this is not to say that people are always willing and prepared to move out of their comfort zone, and there could be many reasons behind it (Not least of all because most people have no military background, and are therefore not prepared to subject themselves to deprivation).

Btw, it's also possible that both sides might resort to "nuclear brinkmanship", and thereby, agreed not to use nuclear weapons in the event of a conventional war.

Also, it's neither inconceivable that China's nuclear weapons could still be sabotaged, disabled, and neutralised by remote in order to make it possible to fight a conventional war to invade China.

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Obviously, I disagree with your viewpoint, which is based on the assumption that no Western coalition could ever overcome China's nuclear capability in order to invade their country.

Whether your answer is right or not actually depends on the source, but how do you know that my own sources are invalid?

About fighting for your country, I think that people on both sides in WW2 had been compelled to move out of their comfort zones due to the extraordinary circumstances of "total warfare", which had massively affected the civilians on both sides.

But this is not to say that people are always willing and prepared to move out of their comfort zone, and there could be many reasons behind it (Not least of all because most people have no military background, and are therefore not prepared to subject themselves to deprivation).

Btw, it's also possible that both sides might resort to "nuclear brinkmanship", and thereby, agreed not to use nuclear weapons in the event of a conventional war.

Also, it's neither inconceivable that China's nuclear weapons could still be sabotaged, disabled, and neutralised by remote in order to make it possible to fight a conventional war to invade China:-

We were neutral in WW2 and it has nothing to do with comfort zones.
Do some research on my people,if the country(red line) is at stake everybody joins(in whatever way possible).
About the nuclear thing,no country would use that as an option.
USA,China and Russia will never face each other in a direct confrontation,forget that.
But,this is just an opinion.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Also, it's neither inconceivable that China's nuclear weapons could still be sabotaged, disabled, and neutralised by remote in order to make it possible to fight a conventional war to invade China.

Ww2 was just another geopolitical struggle.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Boundaries shift, new players step in; but power always finds a place to rest its head.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
History is written by the victor, and here I a thinking we won. But you bring down one enemy and they find someone even worse to replace him. Locations change, the rationale, the objective. Yesterday's enemies are today's recruits. Train them to fight alongside you, and pray they don't eventually decide to *hate* you for it, too.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the past we had the Romans, Mongols, The Greeks, The Arabs, Persians, Tsarist Russia, Seljuk Empire, Mughal Empire, Timurids, Ottomans, German Empire, Nazi Germany, Italian Colonial Empire, British Empire, Spanish Empire, Al Andalus, Mali and Songhai,

Whatever empire you name it has fallen and replaced by new players.

After ww2 the Americans and the Soviets became the new players. After the Soviet Union collapsed the USA was the only sole power influencing geopolitics now you have other players stepping in like EU, China, Russia, Turkey, India, Brazil, Pakistan, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

This does not suggest these countries are super powers but regardless if you are a superpower or not.

New players always step into the game of geopolitics.

Just like Empires that were fallen only to have new empires joining in. Same with various kingdoms and sultanates.

Top Bottom