COVID-19

A

adenl

Turkey picks up Covid patients from European countries:

Turkey has picked up 233 covid patients from other countries since the corona pandemic outbreak, Turkey's Ministry of Health said. 74 patients came from the European Union, of whom at least four from the Netherlands. These are Turks who, according to the Turkish government, could not find the "necessary and specific care" in the country where they live.
Yesterday evening an IC patient was picked up in the Netherlands and flown to Turkey. He was in the OLVG hospital in Amsterdam East. It concerns a Turkish Dutch person whose treatment would be stopped.

The google translate from Dutch to English is very good for this article.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Guys today I got my second Pfizer jab. I am now fully protected or as good as can be. Thank you NHS and all the scientists who made this possible.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Reaction from Uğur Şahin to Joe Biden​

BioNTech's founder Uğur Şahin also drew attention to the factory, raw material and supply chain needed to produce vaccines by reacting to Joe Biden's patent statements.​

12 May 2021 10:23Updated: 12 May 2021 10:24
Reaction from Uğur Şahin to Joe Biden

Uğur Şahin, the founder of BioNTech, who developed a coronavirus vaccine with Pfizer , responded to the patent and intellectual property issues that have come to the fore recently with a very harsh statement.
"Developed countries should understand this, it will not work once to help," said Şahin.

A very sharp and clear statement came from BioNTech's founder, Uğur Şahin, after US President Joe Biden's statement, “I support vaccine companies to waive the protection of intellectual property”.
Responding to many countries making similar statements after Biden's statement, Şahin spoke to Der Spiegel, one of Germany's respected magazines.
Following Biden's statements, while the shares of Moderna, BioNTech and Pfizer companies lost value in the stock market, Şahin said that it is meaningless to waive patents and intellectual property.

'DEVELOPED COUNTRIES SHOULD UNDERSTAND…'​

According to the news in Sözcü Şahin, “Developed countries should understand that, helping once is not enough. Governments, producers and institutions should regularly help poor countries. BioNTech provides vaccines to such countries at low prices with no profit making. Waiving the protection of intellectual property is not a solution, ”he said.
"Patents are not limiting factors in the production or supply of the vaccine," Şahin said. The abolition of patents will not increase global vaccine production or supply in the near or medium term. "The bottleneck in the process is not the little known formula, but access to raw materials, the number of factories and an efficient supply chain," he continued.

Şahin also said that the focus of the company is not "only coronavirus" and said, "We want to improve our technology, we want to produce HIV, tuberculosis and influenza vaccines as well as cancer vaccines. There are also new demands. "Developing a malaria vaccine will also be a new priority."

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is with this posting of huge numbers of test by Denmark. Test numbers jumped up to 52mn catching up Turkey and Germany next. So many test for a small country when death number is posted as "1" "one" a day?

@Saithan

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is with this posting of huge numbers of test by Denmark. Test numbers jumped up to 52mn catching up Turkey and Germany next. So many test for a small country when death number is posted as "1" "one" a day?

@Saithan
There are established several test centers all around in Denmark, even old warehouse buildings. Digitalizing everything means, it takes aprox. for a person to park his car, go in get pcr tested and be out in around 3-5 min. With respect to certain hours where people stand in line for longer time. (lunch break and such).

1622016022184.png

139.159 tested on 25. may 2021 13:59

The people scanning your ID/healthcard doesn't have to be in health sector, they just need to know how to do the work and hand you the plastic tube.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are established several test centers all around in Denmark, even old warehouse buildings. Digitalizing everything means, it takes aprox. for a person to park his car, go in get pcr tested and be out in around 3-5 min. With respect to certain hours where people stand in line for longer time. (lunch break and such).

View attachment 21640

139.159 tested on 25. may 2021 13:59

The people scanning your ID/healthcard doesn't have to be in health sector, they just need to know how to do the work and hand you the plastic tube.
It may be easy but still why test so many? Germany with 10 times the population will nearly be surpassed in a couple of weeks. There must be some objectives in question.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It may be easy but still why test so many? Germany with 10 times the population will nearly be surpassed in a couple of weeks. There must be some objectives in question.
Denmark is conducting these tests as preventative measure and keeping people in the loop so they don't fall back to old habits and become super spreaders.

The contact number has been 1,1 for the past 3 weeks or so, so health authorities are keeping an eye on the development.

Danish healthcare system has a doctrine of "it's better to implement preventative measures than wait for the problem to appear/occur".

I think being a developed country with so many laboratories contribute quite a bit to how fast tests are done. I usually get the results within 24 hours of a PCR test. I am not in favor of the quicktest (15 min).

1622018955560.png

How many being vaccinated, and how many has been fully vaccinated. e.g. some 600k in the proces.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are back in lockdown in melbourne.

Fck victoria and fck melbourne. I wish my parents migrated to Western Australia.

The most overrated state and city ran by the most incompetent dheads.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I guess lacking imagination they opted to copy Sinovac.

Anyway, aren't they suppose to release data as they're finishing different phases ?

Otherwise WHO and others can't evaluate data. Transparency... a word some may not be familiar with.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are back in lockdown in melbourne.

Fck victoria and fck melbourne. I wish my parents migrated to Western Australia.

The most overrated state and city ran by the most incompetent dheads.

Well at least you guys are in a country with excellent-predictable climate. I would like my usual summer break in Turkey, however due to Turkey being on the red list currently (and likely not to change till September) I am stuck in UK, it wouldn't be such an issue if the weather wasn't so British and all the beautiful places so crowded.. :-(

So quit whinging, you're in Australian food capital of Melbourne FFS :D

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well at least you guys are in a country with excellent-predictable climate. I would like my usual summer break in Turkey, however due to Turkey being on the red list currently (and likely not to change till September) I am stuck in UK, it wouldn't be such an issue if the weather wasn't so British and all the beautiful places so crowded.. :-(

So quit whinging, you're in Australian food capital of Melbourne FFS :D

A lot of states in Australia are in lockdown except Victoria and Tasmania.

Seriously what the hell is going on

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anyway, aren't they suppose to release data as they're finishing different phases ?

Otherwise WHO and others can't evaluate data. Transparency... a word some may not be familiar with.
There are more Turkish vaccines in the pipeline, perhaps they will use one of your suggestions, Mr. Imagination.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

If the Turkovac can turn me into a wolf Im more than happy to take it.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
More like Batman considering where from it could have emerged... wouldn’t be bad tbh. We have Batman, ve inject Batvac so if ppl get the needle on fullmoon in Batman they man gain super powers...

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,821
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
More like Batman considering where from it could have emerged... wouldn’t be bad tbh. We have Batman, ve inject Batvac so if ppl get the needle on fullmoon in Batman they man gain super powers...

Batman has no super powers he is a human who relies on intelligence and technology.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom