Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
8 3,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it worth it after trying so hard to use Korean engine and transmission? You know the words about Bor's market ;).
Well yea, but I don't think that applies here exactly. Redundancy is good. Triple redundancy is triple good.
Also, the sizes of the powerpacks are quite similar, shouldn't be a problem.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't even know if the number will reach 1000.In this case diversity brings some problems and costs in maintaining.

Last edited:

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A lot of projects couldn't get clearance for IDEF. Fewer surprises are expected in IDEF.
My take:

Ruling party does not feel the need for defence industry propaganda. They seem to be going for 'deport illegals' approach by the looks of it.

Also, decision makers might be pushing for increased secrecy. And it was about damn time. It makes me sad that we won't be seeing goodies, but I completely understand the need for this.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
IDEF will be a drone galore. Expect dozens of drones in different classes from Turkish manufacturers.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,184
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. Not sure if its a statement in the direction of Turkey to kindly supply them or if they are actually getting them, based on that statement.
2. Engine and Transmission problems probably wont affect an order for Ukraine because they are going to Ukraine. All gloves are off as you now, when it comes to supplying the Ukrainian forces.

I wouldn't be surprised if the order itself was paid for the European and American funds, that were allocated to procurements.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 256
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it was an imposition, like @Bmx98 said, -minus the language, i don't think it would work. We simply need them. Even M-52Ts are still in active duty, like other dear writers said. Based on this info it won't be a chance for Fırtına-I.

M110s also in active duty. They're our only 203mm SPHs. We use them regularly. Unless we create our own tracked & wheeled 203mm howitzers, i would say no chance to this either.

M-52Ts, maybe. Without them our SPH numbers will greatly decrease. But they're old, can move hardly and crampy for their crew. They're barely fit for active war zone. We use them for number boost. With fcs and bms integrated.

Likewise Kirpi-I is also in use in our miltary & security branches. Together with Kirpi-I, our 20+ ton class MRAP numbers barely adequate for us. But we still sended them (or build them, still not sure if they're new or from our inventory). But anyway, we can produce Kirpi. It's not like Fırtına situation.

But the thing is, Fırtına-I is not like Kirpi situation. Fırtına-II is still wait it's own national power-train. So we can't produce them easily as of now.

I saw it on reddit, and it maked sense to me. TRG-122 & TRG-230 would be better choices. To add that, Boran is also would be good choice.. Since we can produce these two more easily, like our MRAPs..

Or ARPANs. But it isn't ready for field-use, as of now...

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
These Ukranians not even requesting they are "awaiting" as if Turkiye owes them something, meanwhile this war has only hurt Turkiye economically. MSB should not entertain that request, they can go beg for more weapons from their western overlords who got them in this mess the first place.
Everything Ukraine gets is paid for by a fund set up by NATO countries,there is no begging.
This kind of language will not be tolerated.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I keep seeing smooth brained comments downplaying how important TB2 was for Ukraine, maybe this will shut some of them up. Not holding my breath though.
If you give attention to such comments you give them importance.
let them talk,there is nothing to prove.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,223
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I didn’t see any actual expert downplaying the importance of TB-2 as stand-alone system as well as integrated part of Ukraine's overall defence. (In early months of the conflict)

In fact TB-2 was the 6th most effective and impactful stand-alone system for Ukrainian armed forces in the conflict.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
4 3,023
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I keep seeing smooth brained comments downplaying how important TB2 was for Ukraine, maybe this will shut some of them up. Not holding my breath though.
The fog of war still exists. We won’t actually know for sure until it’s all over and people can start investigating. Over the course of this conflict I’ve heard everything from Javelins to HIMARS being described as useless at some point.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Every weapon has its own strenghts and weaknesses and everyone of them can be destroyed. A good analysis should take into account the effect of the weapon on the course of the war, its cost effectiveness, the tactics employed and tactical mistakes during the use of the weapon in both sides (including defence measures used by rival) etc. It's really hard to do that since the fog ot war never really dissipates. Each side of the war claims its victory when it comes to the numbers

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,042
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We won’t actually know for sure until it’s all over and people can start investigating.
But we do know right know, that article quotes an active general and a Ukraine veteran marine who now leads one of the most prominent charities that have been around since 2014. And it is very well documented how TB-2's either destroyed or spotted for other forces to destroy Russian logistics and other equipment during the first months of the war, before Russia stopped advancing and dug in.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom