Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,809
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Italy to buy Roketsan's Cirit to be used on its Astore Tactical UCAVs. It's a purchase of 4 aircraft and 2 GCS so wouldn't expect something big but good news! If they like it, Cirit would also be a contender against APKWS for use on AW-249.

I think they first bought some in 2020 to test with Astore, I remember seeing it on an official document. I wonder if they bought any since then or if this is the first order.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,519
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think BAF has came up with the idea first. Putting Cirit with Falco.
APKWS has the advantage of modularity over Cirit. But I suspect, Cirit is still probably more cost effective.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,633
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think they first bought some in 2020 to test with Astore, I remember seeing it on an official document. I wonder if they bought any since then or if this is the first order.

I think BAF has came up with the idea first. Putting Cirit with Falco.
APKWS has the advantage of modularity over Cirit. But I suspect, Cirit is still probably more cost effective.
I totally forgot reading about this in the past, yup. The twin Cirit launcher is also something I'm seeing for the first time.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nigeria T-129.jpg

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,633
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One compact launcher pod holding a dozen Cirit missiles, nice.
No, that's TAI's 12x FFAR rocket pod. Cirit is carried in insulated launchers of 2 or 4.

Looking closer, Nigerian T129s are even more barebones than Filipino ones, no self defence equipment apart from the flare launchers and RWR receivers that I can see.

Compared to a Filipino T129B
Tvbl9G5.jpeg

And a late model T129B2
xhwjoNA.jpeg

Infographic
y93iNOk.jpeg

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,553
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The tower behind the hangar is a major hint pointing towards deployment of Baykar’s Bayraktar drone series. It is very likely that Senegal has joined the long list of African clients of the Turkish company, and we could be looking at the first Senegalese Air Force UCAV hangar. The tower is used to deploy communication equipment to establish a data link during BVLOS operations.

GDj6hvKXYAALkvK

GDj6hvQX0AADnW8

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
not an export news but rather an update

Alarko Holding opens the door to the aviation industry:

Alarko Aviation Endüstri Yatırımları AŞ will purchase the shares representing 51 percent of the capital of Alfor Aviation, which is registered in the England and Wales company registry.
• Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is among the customers of the company, which has military and civilian approvals.
• Meeting international technical and all regulatory standards, Alfor has capabilities such as aircraft modification, design and production, upgrades and renewals of jet, single and double-aisle aircraft.

Most interesting part is modification, design and production, upgrades and renewals of jet, single and double-aisle aircraft while meeting international technical and all regulatory standards and has military and civilian approvals.

-
Aircraft Modification Services

Alfor Aviation in coordination with partners can offer a complete modification of your aircraft no matter what the program, P2F, VIP, Refurbishment, Glass cockpit and more.

-Design And Build Solutions

Through our partnerships with prime aerospace manufacturing companies, Alfor Aviation is able to offer design and build solutions supporting the complete product life cycle. From the outset through to certification.

https://alforaviation.com/

Last edited:

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 521
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Erdogan and other ministers such as Hulusi Akar and İsmail demir.

That s very normal in every country.

Plans can be delayed and changed.

Pakistan decided to bought T-129 and then we said we can overcome the engine problem within one year. But we couldn’t. So they chose the Chinese helicopters later.
Actually there is no confirmation on Chinese Z-10ME for Pakistan. They were to be delivered in Q-1-23 but we are now in Q-1-24. Delays in Pakistan procurement plans are quite common.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually there is no confirmation on Chinese Z-10ME for Pakistan. They were to be delivered in Q-1-23 but we are now in Q-1-24. Delays in Pakistan procurement plans are quite common.
But our TS1400 version seems much further delayed.

Almost every country always delays even USA .

Chinese and Japanese media always claim victory on weapons exports but usually provided that delay or even never happened.

For example Chinese claimed sold several hundred wing loose 2 to saudi and japanese claimed they won the submarine tender of Austrslia

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,519
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
For example Chinese claimed sold several hundred wing loose 2 to saudi and japanese claimed they won the submarine tender of Austrslia

Where did Japan officially claimed that, they won the Australian submarine tender?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TS-1400 for the Atak helicopter might never happen. TS-1400 for T-629 on the other hand will most likely happen.

Fatman17

Committed member
Reactions
9 521
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
According to Flight Globals Air Forces 2024, 3 examples of the Z-10ME were delivered to Pakistan and 17 are on order but I'm not sure about this. I know 3 examples were delivered for testing purposes to Pakistan in local conditions after which they were returned to China with recommendations for modifications which the Chinese manufacturer incorporated and we have the Z-10ME.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,633
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,633
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nigeria's internal security project that has been going on for a while which saw Turkish drones from Asisguard be exported, will also include 13 Nurol NMS in a 35 million deal between Asisguard and Nigeria.

"Drones from Turkish defense firms Havelsan and STM will also be sold to Nigeria, and products of around 10 companies, including Gurbag Defense and MILMAST, will be exported."

"The Turkish defense industry hit "14 birds with one stone":
- With the integrated security solution created by combining the talents of Turkish companies and led by an SME, 14 companies exported in the same project in Nigeria
- The project, which is the first for Nigeria and will be implemented on 210 kilometers of road, will be expanded if successful
- In the project in addition to Asisguard, HAVELSAN, STM, Nurol Makina, Gürbağ Defence, MILMAST, Radio Technology Services, Promec, Mirsan, Makelsan, UNIDEF, Sarsılmaz, Güçbir, Barok Defence, a number of products of HAVELSAN, STM, Nurol Makina, Gürbağ Defence, MILMAST, Radio Technology Services, Promec, Mirsan, Makelsan, UNIDEF, Sarsılmaz, Güçbir, Barok Defence, including drones, armored land vehicles, weapon systems, gun turrets and various equipment will be used.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom