TR Defence Exports & Updates

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Romania some parts were changed and then relocated to Ukraine.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
I read the original article basically saying they dissolved this loi due to direct negotiation.
The new goverment said we should open again the offer in limited open tender with government to government negotiation.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

1681836597075.png

As stated in the tweet, previously 1 Regiment ( 3 batteries) of KAPLAN MLRS were sold to BD Army. (2 batteries of TRG-300 and 1 battery of TRG-230)
And undisclosed number of teber guidance kit were sold to BAF. (Under the MOU singed with Roketsan in june 2021)

Thread '$1 Billion Arms Deal Between Bangladesh-Turkey' https://defencehub.live/threads/1-billion-arms-deal-between-bangladesh-turkey.11432/

Few weeks ago Turkish ambassador to BD Mustafa Turan stated in an interview that, Türkiye want to cooperate with BAF on helicopters.

Now this briefing on Umtas ATGM seems to validate it.

@Agha Sher It is more likely now that, BAF is ditching previously chosen MI-28NE for its attack helicopter procurement and will probably go for TUSAS's option.
@Knowledgeseeker

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@TheInsider Will Turkey actually allow to integrate SOM on foreign platforms?
(Looks like the one in the screen is SOM-J.)
Otherwise, why would they include it in the briefing.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 981
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@TheInsider Will Turkey actually allow to integrate SOM on foreign platforms?
(Looks like the one in the screen is SOM-J.)
Otherwise, why would they include it in the briefing.

Formal Contract for Exporting SOM-B1 ALCMs to Azerbaijan Signed!​

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Formal Contract for Exporting SOM-B1 ALCMs to Azerbaijan Signed!​

Damn, how did I forget?🤔

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

View attachment 56319

As stated in the tweet, previously 1 Regiment ( 3 batteries) of KAPLAN MLRS were sold to BD Army. (2 batteries of TRG-300 and 1 battery of TRG-230)
And undisclosed number of teber guidance kit were sold to BAF. (Under the MOU singed with Roketsan in june 2021)

Thread '$1 Billion Arms Deal Between Bangladesh-Turkey' https://defencehub.live/threads/1-billion-arms-deal-between-bangladesh-turkey.11432/

Few weeks ago Turkish ambassador to BD Mustafa Turan stated in an interview that, Türkiye want to cooperate with BAF on helicopters.

Now this briefing on Umtas ATGM seems to validate it.

@Agha Sher It is more likely now that, BAF is ditching previously chosen MI-28NE for its attack helicopter procurement and will probably go for TUSAS's option.
@Knowledgeseeker
Can you make a list of all the procurement between Bangladesh-Turkey, and other strong rumours? Bangladesh is taking great steps to modernize its armed forces to a new historical standard. Whats the defense budget, or procurement budget?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Knowledgeseeker

So, it started with buying some Cobra MARP in early 2010s.
Then there was some political hiccups in mid 2010s as we all know.
However, purchase of arms still continued in small numbers. ( we need to keep in mind BD and Turkey has military to military relationships from early 1980s.)

1. First big deal was KAPLAN MLRS purchase in 2019 as I already mentioned, (It is rumoured that Army bought around 400 rockets ) estimated value is 80/100 million usd.

2. second major deal (I mean, a really big one) was when BD armed forces delegation signed Mou with Roketsan in 2021 june for various products.
It was reported in multiple print and electronic medias that, Under the mou BD ordered variety of Roketsan product valued at approximately 1 billion usd. ( delivery may start this year lately or earlier next year and likely to continue to 2026/2027.) What included in that deal is not revealed officially from MOD.

However, unofficially speaking we can confirm about at least 3 various product.

1. Teber guidance kit (probably around 150-200 unit, should not cost more than 40/50 millions) Turkish ambassador and Roketsan CEO confirmed it.

2. Hisar O+ for army’s MRSAM program, probably 1x regiment. (3x batteries, should not cost more than 250-300 millions if we considered similar system’s purchase recently, Morocco bought 2x batteries VL MICA for 194 millions EURO)
Army has valid interest in the system as they were present in 2018 firing test.

3 Atmaca AShM. (probably not more than 20/30 as we don’t have many available platform to integrate them now, we speculated before these Atmaca are for our 2x missile boats. In my estimate, this package should not cost more than 50 millions USD)

Now there are speculation about others product within the deal that are not confirmed yet. But there is a strong chance they are included.

Also, this is not illogical to assume as previously stated packages does not exceed the 400 millions. (450 million if we are more generous)

1. 1x battery khan TBM, previously PM officially stated that , process to procure 1x battery TBM is on going. ( From what I heard about Indonesia’s 500 million USD contract last year 1x battery of Khan is costing around 50/55 million. Obviously it is not officially confirmed, but seems reasonable)

2. BD army has a requirement for medium range ATGM with a range of 4km. A description that seems to fit Omtas wonderfully. (I hope we can get ToT for it) There is good chance it would also be included in the deal.

Now, these purchases under the MOU signed in 2021 with Roketsan is mostly for army as you can see.

However, there are also separate contract were signed for Army.

1. Baykar's TB-2 (Turkish ambassador confirmed it)

2. Contract with Repkon to establish a local turn-key production line for 155mm artillery shells. ( Turkish ambassador confirmed it, now in light of Ukraine war we can understand how crucial this could be, Also it indicate in the near future we are gonna phase out our old Chinese 122mm and 130mm howitzers. Maybe Turkey could be the alternative supplier for 155mm howitzers)

Apart from these, there are two expensive programs for BAF and Navy.

1. BAF's attack helicopter procurement, initially MI-28NE was chosen, but from my previous post you can see Turkish option seems to be right back at the table.

2. Navy’s multi-billion dollars Frigate program. (Turkish ambassador confirmed that, Turkey is bidding for the contract. I think @Anmdt knows about this more, but won’t tell us publicly)

So, there you have it. For now these are what comes to my mind.
We can probably also assume given we are buying HISAR-O+ For MRSAM program now, in the future SIPER would be a strong contender for potential LRSAM program, as army has the plan to field long range air defence system.

Same is true with BAF, they likely to follow Army's footsteps if budget allows.

Also, in the near future army need to replace our old BTR-80s with modern AFVs.
(It is speculated, new vehicles would be built with ToT from aboard) Turkish companies could be a strong contender in this potential program.

In a nutshell, After Rohingya crisis BD decided to 'Westernize' its armed forces, and for now Turkey appears to be the front runner participant and most trusted partner in this modernisation effort.

Last edited:

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. BAF's attack helicopter procurement, initially MI-28NE was chosen, but from my previous post you can see Turkish option seems to be right back at the table.
If BAF intends to purchase from Turkey, do you think it will go over the t129 or will it wait for atak 2?

Last edited:

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there a big difference between them?
Yes, there is, actually.If they want to buy T129, there may be a problem with the American engine. If they want to buy Atak 2, they will have to wait 2 more years for it to improve.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If BAF intends to purchase from Turkey, do you think it will go over the t129 or will it wait for atak 2?
Yes, there is, actually.If they want to buy T129, there may be a problem with the American engine. If they want to buy Atak 2, they will have to wait 2 more years for it to improve.

I don't have any definitive answer yet.

But if TUSAS's option are chosen it is likely to be T129 phase 2 units.

I don't think engine would be a big issue.
Remember, USA allowed the sale to Philippines. Besides, USA was actually ready to sell us Apache. (but BD won't singed the required agreement with USA)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Very interesting, Because it looks exactly like BD Army's camo.

1681934442998.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom