CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,956
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand why some Turkish members would be unsatisfied with TN's fleet size, however one cannot overlook the fact that Türkiye is like a unsinkable aircraft carrier and Turkish air force can act a gaint naval aviation carrying Atmaca, SOM, Cakir and able to strike enemy ships thousand km away. All the rival navies from Russia Greece, to Israel and Egypt are well within strike range of Turkish air force and land based systems. When we take these factors into consideration, we can see that Turkish armed Force's joint capability to project power on the surrounding seas is quite balanced.

TN wants to modernize the whole fleet, establish "anti access / area denial" in the seas surrounding Türkiye and build up a fleet that can operate effectively in open seas far from the mainland. Our Defence Industry and Navy didn't worked that hard on countless projects only to fire SOM, CAKIR or ATMACA from aircrafts...

Ambitions are beyond the Black & Mediterranean Sea.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Our Defence Industry and Navy didn't worked that hard on countless projects only to fire SOM, CAKIR or ATMACA from aircrafts...

Amm…..did I say it did?
My point is, current fleet size and modernisation rate is not insufficient as it may partially appears to be, if we only look at TN's capabilities without factoring in Air force's capabilities and land based systems in context of Turkish geography.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,486
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
During the visit of Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler to Estonia a Defense Industry Agreement was signed between the two countries.

While Minister Yaşar Güler and his Estonian counterpart Hanno Pevkur signed the Letter of Intent, a protocol for cooperation in the defense industry of the two countries was signed by Defense Industry President Haluk Görgün and Estonian Center for Defense Investments (ECDI) General Manager Magnus Valdemar Saar.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Balkans is a powderkeg

A war will happen there.

You cant take the Balkans out of the Balkans they are as f ked up as the Middle East in general.
As an Balkaner i am very surprised why some of you put balkan as powderkeg ?!
I know the past history but alot of changes happened . Today in balkans never can happen big war because here its not the same as in past .
-Fisrt we dont have weapons to fight for a week .
In 1990 Albania had 1000 tanks and millions of other weapons but USA order to scrap them and today albania just have some armored cars and 4 helicopters to fight 🤣🤦‍♂️ , i bet Mafia here has more weapons than albanian army . Same for macedonia , montenegro and bosnia.
- Aslo Serbia , croatia have lowertheir weapons , serbia just have 13000 soldiers 🤣 what can u do with that?
Your clock has keept at past and u need to update . The only way to start war here is to be financed massively by others US vs China/Russia with money and arms . here countries are small and weak .
Chance to start a war today in our world are 1 - Korea 2- Taivan 3- israel - 4-East Europe , 5- N Africa 6- meddle East etc etc

Altay_TR

Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
1 670
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
3c860af.JPG

Estonian Ministry of Defense announced that the 6×6 Armored Vehicle it will buy from Turkey is Otokar ARMA.

The Estonian Ministry of Defense placed an order of approximately 130 million dollars for Otokar ARMA 6X6 Armored Personnel Carriers.

"The agreement regarding the order was signed in Estonia on October 18 by Magnus Valdemar Saar, General Manager of the Estonian Center for Defense Investments (ECDI), and Sedef Vehbi, Deputy General Manager of Otokar Military Vehicles. According to the contract, which includes maintenance equipment and training services together with the vehicles, deliveries are planned to start in the second half of 2024 and be completed in 2025."

Commenting on the contract, Otokar Deputy General Manager Sedef Vehbi said, "We are proud to serve the Estonian Armed Forces with our ARMA 6×6 vehicles. Turkey's leading land systems manufacturer Otokar's nearly 33 thousand military vehicles continue to serve in more than 40 friendly and allied countries on 5 continents. We strive to offer the best products and services to our users with our global know-how, engineering success, R&D and technology capability."
Nurol Makina announced that an agreement was signed with the Estonian Ministry of Defense for the sale of Nurol NMS.

"We are proud to share that we have signed a new contract with the Estonian Army for the supply of NMS 4×4! Thank you to our entire team."

The ceremony was attended by Yaşar Güler, Minister of National Defense of the Republic of Turkey, Prof. Dr. Haluk Görgün, President of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey, Hanna Pevkur, Estonian Minister of Defense, and Engin Aykol, General Manager of Nurol Makina.

In the statement made by the Estonian Ministry of Defense, it was announced that a total of 230 vehicles in 4×4 and 6×6 variants will be ordered for the Estonian Land Forces. While it was stated that deliveries were expected to be made at the end of 2024, no information was given about which vehicles would be purchased.

As a result of the contract signed today, it remains unclear how many 4×4 Nurol NMS vehicles will be purchased.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,742
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
As an Balkaner i am very surprised why some of you put balkan as powderkeg ?!
I know the past history but alot of changes happened . Today in balkans never can happen big war because here its not the same as in past .
-Fisrt we dont have weapons to fight for a week .
In 1990 Albania had 1000 tanks and millions of other weapons but USA order to scrap them and today albania just have some armored cars and 4 helicopters to fight 🤣🤦‍♂️ , i bet Mafia here has more weapons than albanian army . Same for macedonia , montenegro and bosnia.
- Aslo Serbia , croatia have lowertheir weapons , serbia just have 13000 soldiers 🤣 what can u do with that?
Your clock has keept at past and u need to update . The only way to start war here is to be financed massively by others US vs China/Russia with money and arms . here countries are small and weak .
Chance to start a war today in our world are 1 - Korea 2- Taivan 3- israel - 4-East Europe , 5- N Africa 6- meddle East etc etc
Thanks for clarification :) But I think the reason we think so could be related to how many armed institutions they have. e.g. if Law enforcement is a pseudo military force and are armed as so, or trained as so. Then how would the numbers look ?

Not to mention paramilitary units of sorts that might be working (law enforcement or otherwise) in the countries around Balkans, who parades around on e.g. Serbian National day and such, armed.

These kind of behavior one way or another shows intention, which doesn't bode well.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Can anybody make a guess how many Otokar Arma 6x6 Estonian army is getting for 130 millions euro? 44x or maybe some other numbers? @Sanchez

On another note, I think one of the reason why they chose NMS 4x4 instead of Cobra ii is because NMS can carry 11 personal compared to 9 of Cobra ii. Hence, in this case you can unload a full squad while vehicle still contain a driver and a gunner. Which could be useful for fire support.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can anybody make a guess how many Otokar Arma 6x6 Estonian army is getting for 130 millions euro? 44x or maybe some other numbers? @Sanchez

On another note, I think one of the reason why they chose NMS 4x4 instead of Cobra ii is because NMS can carry 11 personal compared to 9 of Cobra ii. Hence, in this case you can unload a full squad while vehicle still contain a driver and a gunner. Which could be useful for fire support.
No clear numbers yet. Per unit price is very low. They will use them like battle taxis looks like and any special versions will be built on NMS and shared between two brigades. Expect up to 80-90 Armas to be bought for 2nd brigade if they follow the same organizational scheme as the 1st brigade.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Amm…..did I say it did?
My point is, current fleet size and modernisation rate is not insufficient as it may partially appears to be, if we only look at TN's capabilities without factoring in Air force's capabilities and land based systems in context of Turkish geography.
It is insufficient,dont look at our neighborhoud but further away.
Compare it to France and the UK.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

(copy-paste from estonian website)

Nurol Makina will supply 112 NSM 4x4 light armored vehicles (above) to the Estonian army at a cost of €90 million, while another Turkish company, Otokar, will supply 112 ARMA 6x6 armored personnel carriers
at a cost of €130 million. Together, the two contracts are worth over €220 million, including adapting to Estonian requirement, training and spares. Deliveries are due to begin in late 2024

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
(copy-paste from estonian website)

Nurol Makina will supply 112 NSM 4x4 light armored vehicles (above) to the Estonian army at a cost of €90 million, while another Turkish company, Otokar, will supply 112 ARMA 6x6 armored personnel carriers
at a cost of €130 million. Together, the two contracts are worth over €220 million, including adapting to Estonian requirement, training and spares. Deliveries are due to begin in late 2024
Source link for this?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,380
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Sanchez it is incredibly cost effective then.
FNSS sold its PARS II 8×8 to Malaysia for $2.9 millions each. (Local manufacturing)

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes really cheap knowing that German Puma cost 17 million
Problemaric Bradley cost 3 million
Stryker cost 5 million
Polish borsuk 6.6 million
But I think Turkiye sold them as Apc without Remote Controlled Weapon System or other heavy 30mm weapon .
If u see at estonian ceremony there is no remote weapon upon them and this lower the cost Aslo UAE produced itself and equip them with BMP-3 turret

Al Jasoor is expected to produce up to 700 Rabdan's for $661 million for United Arab Emirates Army. 400 Rabdan 8 X 8 IFV's delivered to UAE army on 2017. 300 being assembled/produced under licence in UAE. Some with BMP-3 turret in service.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom