DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,420
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
%42 that American pie is begging to be devoured by Turks.

Turkish share will increase. So will US share. They have lots of treaty allies, who are developed and rich. For them high-end US system purchase often has positive implications for national security. One of the reason why 16 countries already bought the F35.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish share will increase. So will US share. They have lots of treaty allies, who are developed and rich. For them high-end US system purchase often has positive implications for national security. One of the reason why 16 countries already bought the F35.
Pantsir was selling like hotcakes, so were Chinese and Israeli drones. We'll see what will happen to those who invested in F-35 once Greek, Israeli and American F-35s are dominated by strongest fighter radar on Earth. Stealth is the key but once that is good enough IRST zoom distance, search and track speed comes into play along with AESA power and algorithms. By then Bilgem laser weapons should be ready to become airborne for KAAN's self defense as well.

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
It is your duty to provide a short summary or translation.
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-16 234455.png

Are u kidding!? Everybody knows and capable of using Mr. Google! Portugal VSHORAD tender!!!
Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-16 234624.png

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
60 7,588
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,615
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The T-7 program is in a bit of a pickle lately. They are facing delays.
In May 2023, the Government Accountability Office released a report on the T-7 program detailing problems with the software and safety systems and other delays that saw the USAF delay the next production decision to February 2025.
There is also the fact that they're building a brand new assembly line to make these. That may also contribute to the delays.
All things considered, it might take a while for Boeing to set the assembly line and make the 351 aircraft that the USAF needs.
If we don't cock this up, we do have a chance to deliver earlier than them. That might factor into Canada's choice.
Temel Kotil seems to agree with me. @Sanchez @Bogeyman

The Hürjet training aircraft may come into operation before the Red Hawk made by the USA, but there is a delay in them. Let me remind you, when America opened the tender, TAI also entered the tender but did not win, the Hürjet project had not started yet, but now it is possible that TAI's product will be put into service earlier.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,642
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Al-Qaeda condemns Russian supported Mali junta for the use of Turkish made Bayraktars used to spread terror, bombing busy markets in Timbuktu resulting in dead and wounded civilians.

Guys, read this again. If this is not ringing a bell than I don't know what will...

1710887012272.png

_Mu_

Reactions
4 194
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
Al-Qaeda condemns Russian supported Mali junta for the use of Turkish made Bayraktars used to spread terror, bombing busy markets in Timbuktu resulting in dead and wounded civilians.

Guys, read this again. If this is not ringing a bell than I don't know what will...
It's not phrased as you put it, they say they condemn the Mali regime and its mercenaries like the Wagner group, mentioning that Thursday's incident is an example of that aggression, then they say the incident was carried out by the Malian air force using Turkish Bayraktar UAVs - no mention of Wagner using Bayraktar, So at most the case is that both Turkey and Russia are supporting the same side, the condemnation is for the regime that used Turkish Bayraktar in this particular incident and its mercenaries like Wagner - no mention of Turkiye-.

Here is the translation
The campaign of systematic targeting of vulnerable peoples in this region continues, within the "scorched earth" policy launched by the arrogant regime with the support of the "Wagner" mercenaries of killing and destruction, so that the night of Tuesday, Ramadan 9, 1445 AH, corresponding to 19 March 2024 AD, will witness a new episode in the series of aggressions. And the arrogant tyranny against the innocent and defenceless, as the popular market in the area (Zouira - 90 km northwest of the city of Timbuktu) witnessed a night raid, in blatant violation of all etiquette and customs of war, carried out by the Malian Air Force, using the Turkish UAV "Bayrakdar", which resulted in at least one person killed and two others injured. This was not the only such operation in the air operations of the Malian army and its mercenaries in the region. The Malian air force targeted a popular market in the area of (Khouba Ras al-Ma) - about 150 km southwest of the city of (Timbuktu) - on Jumada al-Ula 1445 AH. It also launched another attack. against a popular market in the Al-Jadir area near the Mauritanian border on Shaaban 1445 AH, where these arbitrary raids caused material and human losses against innocent, defenceless people and their property. It is worth mentioning that this barbaric and aggressive campaign against this region, as well as other regions, has led to the displacement of hundreds of families to neighbouring countries, and the number of its victims in the last four months has exceeded 100 dead, injured and detained. There is no power or strength except from God.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,642
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not phrased as you put it, they say they condemn the Mali regime and its mercenaries like the Wagner group, mentioning that Thursday's incident is an example of that aggression, then they say the incident was carried out by the Malian air force using Turkish Bayraktar UAVs - no mention of Wagner using Bayraktar, So at most the case is that both Turkey and Russia are supporting the same side, the condemnation is for the regime that used Turkish Bayraktar in this particular incident and its mercenaries like Wagner - no mention of Turkiye-.

Here is the translation
I also didn't mentioned Wagner usage of Bayraktars. The name of Bayraktar even uttered next to a junta and Russians is enough for our dear friends from all around the world to start slandering Turkiye let alone civilian casualties.

A whole UN report was written because of a 7kg drone with questionable reputation because it has an AI implemented in it and it can follow routes autonomously. They presented it as a weapon that got out of a Terminator movie, searching, finding and destroying whatever it sees while this has nothing to do with the reality. Today we sell TB-2s with which they are hitting civilians and tomorrow we will sell them Kizilelmas. This is wrong. Turkish weapons must not be labeled as the cheap toys with which dictators are killing their own citizens and Turkiye must do whatever is needed to prevent this from happening.

_Mu_

Reactions
4 194
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
I also didn't mentioned Wagner usage of Bayraktars. The name of Bayraktar even uttered next to a junta and Russians is enough for our dear friends from all around the world to start slandering Turkiye let alone civilian casualties.

A whole UN report was written because of a 7kg drone with questionable reputation because it has an AI implemented in it and it can follow routes autonomously. They presented it as a weapon that got out of a Terminator movie, searching, finding and destroying whatever it sees while this has nothing to do with the reality. Today we sell TB-2s with which they are hitting civilians and tomorrow we will sell them Kizilelmas. This is wrong. Turkish weapons must not be labeled as the cheap toys with which dictators are killing their own citizens and Turkiye must do whatever is needed to prevent this from happening.
Well, I may have confused your comment with others I have seen recently. I completely understand your point of view, and I certainly agree with you about the need not to give free rein to the support of military regimes whose main function is to oppress their people, and that is the only thing that matters. Forget the rest, because in this region of the world it has no meaning whatsoever.Perhaps the Haftar-Wagner, Greece, Cyprus, France alliance is not far away...
I recently read some reports, and I shared one of them here, that most of the recommendations of the top European research centres believe that Turkey's policy in this region is one of the most successful policies and a real threat to the influence of all the traditional players, and that they must not only learn from it, but find all possible opportunities for cooperation... The recent rumours about Turkish-American cooperation in Somalia also fit into this context.
So I think that some of what I sometimes see here is a terrible distortion, that Turkey supports them with some cheap weapons and the story is over. The team of the state that is responsible for this matter is in fact running it with success that everyone can testify to, and I think they see very well what you mentioned. We hope that this transitional period will end quickly, and that if there is a need for such policy that leaves innocent victims now, it will not be so in the future.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,642
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, I may have confused your comment with others I have seen recently. I completely understand your point of view, and I certainly agree with you about the need not to give free rein to the support of military regimes whose main function is to oppress their people, and that is the only thing that matters. Forget the rest, because in this region of the world it has no meaning whatsoever.Perhaps the Haftar-Wagner, Greece, Cyprus, France alliance is not far away...
I recently read some reports, and I shared one of them here, that most of the recommendations of the top European research centres believe that Turkey's policy in this region is one of the most successful policies and a real threat to the influence of all the traditional players, and that they must not only learn from it, but find all possible opportunities for cooperation... The recent rumours about Turkish-American cooperation in Somalia also fit into this context.
So I think that some of what I sometimes see here is a terrible distortion, that Turkey supports them with some cheap weapons and the story is over. The team of the state that is responsible for this matter is in fact running it with success that everyone can testify to, and I think they see very well what you mentioned. We hope that this transitional period will end quickly, and that if there is a need for such policy that leaves innocent victims now, it will not be so in the future.
The latest claims about misuse are from Somalia, but in Somalia we can do a lot to prevent this from happening. While Somalia has its own problems, there still is some kind of stability left. In situations as that in Mali and Ethiopia we can't do much. These countries are under constant pressure and the environment is suitable for coups. We know the recent history of Mali and a coup in Ethiopia is prevented just 1 year ago. Due to this lack of stability even if we send advisors, give courses to personnel this knowledge and expertise can not be accumulated for long. Technology is a good thing to have and drones are a very good technologically advanced tool to keep in check terrorist organizations in the region, but just drones are not enough.

Wherever possible we must send advisors until the personnel and military officers adopt the needed expertise and adapt their rules of engagement and criteria according to a higher standard as the standard of TSK for example. And where this is not possible it is better not to export such weapons.

Top Bottom