Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

TUIK announced death from COVID cases two years later. According to TUIK 87334 patients died because of COVID in 2020 and 2021. Double amount of the announced 40k number back in the day. Of course, no one bats an eye when you announced real numbers two years later.
Simply because all nations lie in the no. Of deaths from COVID
And by all nations, I included the US and other EU countries

It is speculated that the actual no. Of deaths in most NATO countries is actually the double if not triple of what is actually announced. I know this may make me seem like an asshole, but considering Turkey's population size, 90k death isnt as bad as most other more developed countries

For example, France has a population of 68 million ppl and the announced no. Of deaths was 156k ppl. Now the possibility of this being a lie is 70-90% and I suspect the doubl3 which means compared to Turkey's 90k it isnt that big

Moreover, many nations are still struggling with Covid like China and Japan till date

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

It is speculated that the actual no. Of deaths in most NATO countries is actually the double if not triple of what is actually announced. I know this may make me seem like an asshole, but considering Turkey's population size, 90k death isnt as bad as most other more developed countries

For example, France has a population of 68 million ppl and the announced no. Of deaths was 156k ppl. Now the possibility of this being a lie is 70-90% and I suspect the doubl3 which means compared to Turkey's 90k it isnt that big

Moreover, many nations are still struggling with Covid like China and Japan till date

Dude there’s no way 300k people died of Covid in France.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,052
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

You're adding nothing to the discussion, IMO, with these kinds of posts that you like to do.
You see something negative and basically do whataboutism. Or pull a straw man argument.

No one is attacking you, you dont have to defend it. It doesnt make it better that other countries did it too and the largest part of your post is highly speculative.

/my opinion as a user of this forum, not as a mod.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Dude there’s no way 300k people died of Covid in France.
Why not?
Are you telling me that the possibility og Macron's govt lying is nill?
If even the so-called epitome of democracy, the US, lied about their covid stats then why wont France?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You're adding nothing to the discussion, IMO, with these kinds of posts that you like to do.
You see something negative and basically do whataboutism. Or pull a straw man argument.

No one is attacking you, you dont have to defend it. It doesnt make it better that other countries did it too and the largest part of your post is highly speculative.

/my opinion as a user of this forum, not as a mod.
Iam not protecting anything
All what Iam stating is that no one bats an eye to such stats because it cant be used as a scandal since there is no perfect standard to compare the performance to

The pandemic was a catastrophe with many factors affecting it; rn, whether in Turkey or the West, for things to flare up; a scandal that cant be denied is needed and this isnt one

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Sorry but I'm not gonna waste my time to convince you when I have friends who live there. On top of that, my sister is just back from Japan.

Housing is more expensive, food is more expensive, medication is more expensive, eating out in a restaurant is more expensive but it's true, an iPhone is cheaper in Japan than Turkey.

On the plus side, home appliances are more affordable in TR than JP. To give you an example; my sister paid frigging 20 TRY for one (!) apple.

If I were a blue collar worker, I'd choose Turkey over Japan in a heartbeat.

By the way, the average Japanese worker is probably laughing out loud reading your posting about housing costs implying that the Japanese renting market is cheap. 👍

However, you're free to believe whatever you want.
i have been to Japan and had japanese gf for years. i used to pay 20$ a day just to use subway (metro) to use just several times. also, once its 11pm in Tokyo, metro close and if you dont go home, you pay at leasttt 100$ to go home or wait until morning. thats why they got small hotels. I like Japanese people, but they have expensive life there..

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,699
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eti Mining (world's largest boron ore producer) shared a remarkable post: Biggest Boron-carbide production plant is opening, presentation on March 19th.

"What would happen if the value of boron ore increased 300 times?

It would armor the Altay tank and fuel our domestic rockets. What else would happen?
The answer is on March 19!"

"From Ore to Jewelry for Turkiye's Century"

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,052
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey ordered to pay $1.4bn to Iraq in Kurdistan oil arbitration case​

The international arbitration court ruled in favour of Baghdad in Kurdistan oil dispute with Ankara, which stopped oil shipments on Saturday

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Turkey ordered to pay $1.4bn to Iraq in Kurdistan oil arbitration case​

The international arbitration court ruled in favour of Baghdad in Kurdistan oil dispute with Ankara, which stopped oil shipments on Saturday
According to Ragip soylu, Turkey is happy since the Iraqi govt wanted 33 billion dollars as compensation yet only ended up with 1.4 billion dollars p

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,052
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,699
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, guys... Fasten your seat belts please, the storm is coming.

If Deutsche Bank bunkrupt we're screwed as extension of europe zone. The markets would be ruined, we are already used to poverty in TR lol, but this could be the end of the dream for EU countries. The domino effect would be unpredictably huge.

For us, I hope some safe harbors ready.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,052
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
OMG If Deutsche Bank defaults every one of us will be f*cked but Greece will immediately default.

Deutsche Bank will not default, nor is it currently at risk.
Even if there was a risk, which is not the case according to BaFin and the bank itself, Germany would bail them out hard, just like they did Commerzbank in 2008.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Deutsche Bank will not default, nor is it currently at risk.
Even if there was a risk, which is not the case according to BaFin and the bank itself, Germany would bail them out hard, just like they did Commerzbank in 2008.
Even a bail-out operation might trigger seismic waves across Eurozone. A lot of EU countries and banks are not in a good shape.

Top Bottom