TR Economy & Updates

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium

Let's hope area get's reforested again, though I assume the gold fever might cause more damage, and more attractive... :( At least keep the minin job in Turkish hands.
Excellent news. This is a good answer to their embargo. This is the language they understand.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Nobody believes or trusts you after you make fake reforms couple of times and turn back to your agenda.. When Mr. President stop interfering the economic policies with his religious economics and when he stop jailing people for their thoughts, then investments will return back to normal.. If I am investing my money to a country I want to be sure that I would rely on laws and courts when I came across with and unfair situation, and a stable environment (especially the exchange rate). President of Turkey will not remain silent and nobody will believe these fake reforms :))

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ford Otosan to make $2.4B investment, largest ever for Turkish automotive industry​

100583.jpg

Ford Otosan, a joint venture of Turkey's Koç Holding and U.S. automotive giant Ford, will make a 2 billion euro (nearly $2.4 billion) investment, the largest amount for the Turkish automotive industry to date, its chairman of the board announced Tuesday.

With the new investment, the carmakers' factory in the industrial Kocaeli province will become Turkey's first and only electric vehicle integrated production facility, including battery, Ali Koç told a meeting in the capital Ankara.

"Making the largest automotive investment in our history is the greatest proof of our community and our partner Ford Motor Company's faith in our country," he noted.

"We see this investment, which will span across 10 years, as a strategic move forward."

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ford Otosan to make $2.4B investment, largest ever for Turkish automotive industry​

100583.jpg

Ford Otosan, a joint venture of Turkey's Koç Holding and U.S. automotive giant Ford, will make a 2 billion euro (nearly $2.4 billion) investment, the largest amount for the Turkish automotive industry to date, its chairman of the board announced Tuesday.

With the new investment, the carmakers' factory in the industrial Kocaeli province will become Turkey's first and only electric vehicle integrated production facility, including battery, Ali Koç told a meeting in the capital Ankara.

"Making the largest automotive investment in our history is the greatest proof of our community and our partner Ford Motor Company's faith in our country," he noted.

"We see this investment, which will span across 10 years, as a strategic move forward."

Build a Ford supercar!!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,766
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Interest rate hike incoming ppl. Not doing so would jeopardize the attempt to keep it stable. And FDI won't come if it isn't hiked either.

This is partly what I meant/warned about, if government chooses not to actively fight back the inflation, defensive policy won't yield any benefits for the citizens, who are getting meagre earnings.

If government doesn't follow a policy reducing debt/buying TL, then we're going to be enjoying high interest rates which will come rolling, until it's an avalanche.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan assigns Şahap Kavcioglu, an academic and a columnist for conservative pro-gov’t Yeni Şafak, as replacement to the Turkish Central Bank Yeni Şafak on Friday attacked Agbal from the front page, accusing him of conducting an operation against the Turkish economy by hikes

Turkey’s new governor of Central Bank in February: • CBRT shouldn’t insist on its high interest rate policy
• Many countries with domestic/foreign problems have negative real interest rates so could Turkey
• Rate hikes indirectly creates inflation

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Turkey is being run by absolute imbeciles- and I don’t say it because I love high interest rates but because it is true.

The clique of uneducated corrupt peasants and thieves that occupies and destroys every institution in Turkey with their incompetence manages to create even bigger mess and more problems with every passing day.

Absolute idiots.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom