CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
17 5,117
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you only knew what Josip Broz Tito built for himself in much poorer state them turkey is today, you would consider Erdogan as modest and humble person., to much fuss about irrelevant thing for ordinary citizen, like he will take it with him once when he steps out.
Who cares about Tito, brother? Where is he now, where is his beloved Yugoslavia? People now piss on his pictures, what a comparison is that?
Only if you had mentioned Ceaucescu it would be a much worser comparison since you know how his reign end...

How can people still defend that waste of money and even call it "neccessary for not losing diplomacy"

Last edited by a moderator:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Who cares about Tito, brother? Where is he now, where is his beloved Yugoslavia? People now piss on his pictures, what a comparison is that?
Only if you had mentioned Ceaucescu it would be a much worser comparison since you know how his reign end...
You did not get it, just wanted to ilustrate that couple of villas built by erdgoan are jokes in comparation with his projects..., i will not comment anymore on this and would like to avoid being seen as someone who is unapologetic supporter of erdogan, at the end he is your president not mine :)

what

Experienced member
Reactions
10 6,274
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
You guys won't get the mind of a strong nation.

How do you define strong nations: Germany? How many palaces did Merkel build for herself? That lady is buying her own groceries and living in her old apartment still. She has the Kanzleramt, which is still pretty modest for being an actual office building.

Even the Brits have a pretty modest downing street 10 as a residence.

You seem to have figuered it all out politics, the minds of strong nations and also a dozen of inventions if we were to believe your posts.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,329
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How do you define strong nations: Germany? How many palaces did Merkel build for herself? That lady is buying her own groceries and living in her old apartment still. She has the Kanzleramt, which is still pretty modest for being an actual office building.

You seem to have figuered it all out politics, the minds of strong nations and also a dozen of inventions if we were to believe your posts.
Is Germany allowed to be strong?

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Zafer
quote-it-is-not-what-we-have-that-will-make-us-a-great-nation-it-is-the-way-in-which-we-use-theodore-roosevelt-105-61-92.jpg

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,007
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont write bullshit about Turkish presidencial palace , its very good and the old presidencial was miserable that even poor africa countries dont have one like it.
So Turkey need a new presidencial and build it . I only dislike chairs that seems to have some gold in them , and they should removed , aslo old Osman warriors with swords etc looks bad ....
-Germany england keeps their old palaces because of tradition etc
Its like Turkey keeps TOPKAPI palace as today presidencial palace but because others will judge Turkey and call it NeoOsman it will not happen .

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,929
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
A short reminder to the forum rules.

Ad-hominem
Refrain from attacking the poster making the argument. Attack argument itself . Focus on the discussion not on the poster.

Insulting & Name Calling
Defence Hub wishes to be a platform of productive exchange of ideas. In this context insulting & name calling other posters, countries, country leaders, ethnic / national / religious identities are strictly forbidden.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
101 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
@Saiyan0321 if you like to read some economics theory/application to muse over on top of what you got already, here ya go ^^ (above two replies :D )

I actually do. I desire to learn as much and economy is a weak subject for me, especially considering it was little relation to law, apart from the usual webs. So tag me when there is talk of economy

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
31 19,394
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I just want to add that I wasn’t aware that more palaces were being built. Cankaya estate was more than enough.

The wasting of resources is proof of small mindedness, AKP ppl are so used to sucking up to someone, so they’re working hard to turn RTE into a symbol.

I’m not even sure RTE wants it in the first place, but won’t admonish his own “worshippers” because he needs to win next election.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,467
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Living in a palace showing your power is what old rulers did in the past.

If Erdogan does it, basically helps him build his strongman image. Also flaunting his power in the region. You gotta flex those muscles.

You really think Yavuz Sultan Selim and Timur would be content living in a tent or a small house hell no.

A mega Palace does the job. Because us Turks deserve to live in mega palaces like our ancestors did. We dont have to follow the world who cares about the Germans and the British we are not them.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,467
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes and it is a much stronger country than Turkey is.

Economically and technologically yes.

But politically and militarily, Turkiye is much stronger. German army has no capability in doing the kind of operations Turkiye is doing.

T

Turko

Economically and technologically yes.

But politically and militarily, Turkiye is much stronger. German army has no capability in doing the kind of operations Turkiye is doing.
You seem to have forgotten Turkish Navy uses german submarines and frigates and desires german engines for tanks and warships.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
31 19,394
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Call me old fashion, but I’d prefer our leaders to be more humble and no need to show off since they’re elected and are going to fuck off.

Those palaces are big enough to be strategic centers, but that would be like first targets to be bombed.

A

adenl

You seem to have forgotten Turkish Navy uses german submarines and frigates and desires german engines for tanks and warships.
Don't you understand that your 'argument' can be more used against you? If the Germans are at the top of military industry, why don't they themselves field a large and powerful army? Because they are only allowed to by 'others' under certain geopolitical circumstances.

T

Turko

Don't you understand that your 'argument' can be more used against you? If the Germans are at the top of military industry, why don't they themselves field a large and powerful army? Because they are only allowed to by 'others' under certain geopolitical circumstances.
İ agree with you , germany is weak country which occupied by middle easterns. İ wouldn't call in another way a country that couldn't get rid of illeteral migrants.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom