Egypt Egypt to localize production of KAI T-50 Golden Eagle.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A cooperation and partnership agreement
between the Arab Organization for Industrialization and the Korea Aerospace Industries Company
to localize the technology of manufacturing an advanced training aircraft

Major General A. Engineer Mokhtar Abdel Latif, Chairman of the Arab Organization for Industrialization, emphasized the importance of cooperation and partnership with international expertise, in implementation of the directives of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi on the importance of localizing technology and increasing the proportions of the local component and added value in the various defense industries.

This came during the signing of a cooperation agreement between the Arab Organization for Industrialization and the Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), which is one of the largest South Korean companies specialized in aerospace manufacturing technology.

In this regard, the President of the Arab Organization for Industrialization, Ali, expressed his pride in the importance of this cooperation and partnership with (KAI), pointing out that it was agreed to localize the technology of manufacturing an advanced training aircraft to meet the needs of the armed forces, and to export to African and Arab countries, by making use of the advanced production capacities of the aircraft factory. of the Arab Organization for Industrialization.

He added that the areas of cooperation include the exchange of experiences and the training of human cadres in the authority on manufacturing and maintenance work according to the latest digital manufacturing systems, expressing the aspiration of the Arab Organization for Industrialization to open new areas of cooperation in various advanced defense industries, through a coordination committee between the two sides to follow up on the implementation of joint projects.

For his part, Mr. Kang Wong-sik, Advisor to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Korea Aerospace Industries Company, expressed his pride in the importance of cooperation with the Arab Organization for Industrialization, the industrial backbone of the Egyptian state and its expertise in various manufacturing and human capabilities in accordance with international quality systems in various industries, stressing that the Egyptian market Attractive to investments, promising and of strategic importance to the countries of the African and Arab region.

He added that (KAI) is looking forward to strengthening aspects of partnership with Arab Industrialization in many other defense industries

Source:

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a good first step for Egypt, hopefully in the upcoming days we can see what parts Egypt will produce.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,039
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
More like assembly and production of irrelevant parts.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
More like assembly and production of irrelevant parts.
Dont be to negative with egypt just because of the way they conduct their politics. This is a good step from a country that is trying to start its own defense industry.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,039
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Dont be to negative with egypt just because of the way they conduct their politics. This is a good step from a country that is trying to start its own defense industry.

I am not deliberately being negative with Egypt. Tbh, Egypt is one of the countries with most potential. But while the population is starving they are creating a collection of aircrafts. They are not spending their money (even though it is really UAE and Saudi money) wisely. Instead they should invest wisely in their people and no one would be able to match Egypt in the Middle east or Europe. Their population is growing rapidly, their agriculture under pressure and poverty rates growing - all while they are having 10 different type of fighters in their Air Force.

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am gonna get mad if they locally produce their K2's

Well I will also laugh as well but I am gonna get mad after.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I am gonna get mad if they locally produce their K2's

Well I will also laugh as well but I am gonna get mad after.
why?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
A cooperation and partnership agreement
between the Arab Organization for Industrialization and the Korea Aerospace Industries Company
to localize the technology of manufacturing an advanced training aircraft

Major General A. Engineer Mokhtar Abdel Latif, Chairman of the Arab Organization for Industrialization, emphasized the importance of cooperation and partnership with international expertise, in implementation of the directives of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi on the importance of localizing technology and increasing the proportions of the local component and added value in the various defense industries.

This came during the signing of a cooperation agreement between the Arab Organization for Industrialization and the Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), which is one of the largest South Korean companies specialized in aerospace manufacturing technology.

In this regard, the President of the Arab Organization for Industrialization, Ali, expressed his pride in the importance of this cooperation and partnership with (KAI), pointing out that it was agreed to localize the technology of manufacturing an advanced training aircraft to meet the needs of the armed forces, and to export to African and Arab countries, by making use of the advanced production capacities of the aircraft factory. of the Arab Organization for Industrialization.

He added that the areas of cooperation include the exchange of experiences and the training of human cadres in the authority on manufacturing and maintenance work according to the latest digital manufacturing systems, expressing the aspiration of the Arab Organization for Industrialization to open new areas of cooperation in various advanced defense industries, through a coordination committee between the two sides to follow up on the implementation of joint projects.

For his part, Mr. Kang Wong-sik, Advisor to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Korea Aerospace Industries Company, expressed his pride in the importance of cooperation with the Arab Organization for Industrialization, the industrial backbone of the Egyptian state and its expertise in various manufacturing and human capabilities in accordance with international quality systems in various industries, stressing that the Egyptian market Attractive to investments, promising and of strategic importance to the countries of the African and Arab region.

He added that (KAI) is looking forward to strengthening aspects of partnership with Arab Industrialization in many other defense industries

Source:
I still dont understand tbh
Like will they completely domesticate the Korean T-50 or will they produce some parts and import the critical tech and build it within Egypt or will they produce some parts and then export it to S.Korea for it to be incorporated into T-50s for Egyptian Air force within Korea?

Chakib.Y

Reactions
3 244
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Be it minimal or partial tot it's a net positive, at least a good chunk of the maintenance costs would be contributing to the GDP

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
K2 and Altay have the same origins. I will be mad because of our own mess and I will laugh the irony of the situation.
Honestly, if South Korea did agree for ToT for its T-50 with Egypt; then I dont see a reason preventing them from sharing less sensitive tech like the K2 tank

The true irony is that the German embargo on Turkey aided Korea in restarting its domestic engine program; thus, enabling more tank sales and ToT worldwide
In other words, the Turks suffered 7 years for the whole world to benefit primarily its rivals like Egypt. Truly ironic🤔😥

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly, if South Korea did agree for ToT for its T-50 with Egypt; then I dont see a reason preventing them from sharing less sensitive tech like the K2 tank

The true irony is that the German embargo on Turkey aided Korea in restarting its domestic engine program; thus, enabling more tank sales and ToT worldwide
In other words, the Turks suffered 7 years for the whole world to benefit primarily its rivals like Egypt. Truly ironic🤔😥

Koreans also can thank us for their K9's as well I guess. (Fırtına sucess)

Yes it is ironic that bad policies tend to bite you back eventually. Well to be honest for Altay I can say that it is a overall chain of bad choices and not just the bad politics and corruption is only the blame. In the end though it is very good to see rest of our projects are planning around the lessons we learned from the Altay. Thats good I guess.

Anyway I derailed this topic enough. Back to the topic I really like Egypt's procurement and policies lately. They seem to be very well aware of their situation and they are trying to make the best of it.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
They will get assemble line and they will be happy, if people compare our project with SK like Egypt are big time wrong. We did put our own subsystems in ther vehicle. Altay is different tank ther K2, from mission computer to FLIR. The chassis is the same and powertrain.

Let me remind you, they did not allowed in ther KFX program outsource engineering work to foreign countries like Turkey. So we did started our own TFX project. And looks like we will get better product.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Yes it is ironic that bad policies tend to bite you back eventually. Well to be honest for Altay I can say that it is a overall chain of bad choices and not just the bad politics and corruption is only the blame. In the end though it is very good to see rest of our projects are planning around the lessons we learned from the Altay. Thats good I guess.

Anyway I derailed this topic enough. Back to the topic I really like Egypt's procurement and policies lately. They seem to be very well aware of their situation and they are trying to make the best of it.
But it helped Turkey to plan other projects with full localization such as lets say tfx or others. There is always win with that, think of it possitive too

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Agreed. I said it before but the Turks are really lucky to have been screwed up in the Altay program tbh since it acted as both a hard lesson and a wake up call to the Turks. The Altay story helped Turkey protect more critical projects like Milden Submarines, Piri Reis class submarines, Hurjet, TFX, TISU, and MIUS drones from suffering the same fate! IMO, the Altay story's silver lining is that it aided SSB in formulating better plans to protect projects that means life or death to the Turks
Not really.
I still dont understand why on earth are they buying the KAI T-50 rn? The Indians offered Egypt to set up complete assembly lines from scratch in Egypt for Tejas fighter jets from 2018 I believe and yet they refused till date......
Tejas is a fighter jet while the T-50 is a trainer/small fighter which means it will have less capabilities than the Tejas in terms of warfare. Furthermore, last year, I believe that Egypt signed a similar agreement with a Chinese jet manufacturer to manufacture trainer jets in Egypt. This means that the T-50 is quite redundant.....

Couple the T-50 with a plethora of other jets in their arsenal from Sukhois, F16s, Rafales, and Typhoons and you have a nightmare of logistics and money pitholes

They are spending billions on weapons while they are closer to bankruptcy than ever with no appropriate economy, infrastructre or human resources, brain drain, and spectacular corruption and yet sign such money-sucking deals?

Finally, we dont know the scope of the ToT from South Korea yet.... God knows they may be just locally producing the tires and wings and then calling it a ToT

Even the Korean K2 tank deal is just crazy. Why on Earth is Egypt doing so when the Egyptians already have a deal to locally partially produce Abrams A1 tanks in Egypt? Rather than upgrading a good tank they just go for a new production line with another partial ToT? This is ridiculous

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am not deliberately being negative with Egypt. Tbh, Egypt is one of the countries with most potential. But while the population is starving they are creating a collection of aircrafts. They are not spending their money (even though it is really UAE and Saudi money) wisely. Instead they should invest wisely in their people and no one would be able to match Egypt in the Middle east or Europe. Their population is growing rapidly, their agriculture under pressure and poverty rates growing - all while they are having 10 different type of fighters in their Air Force.
Egypt has only potential to send immigrants to Europe and that's about it. 110 millions inhabitants out of which over 100 millions live on %8 arable land. The majority of the population has no education, skills or viable view of the world and themselves in it. It one desperate, meaningless country. I am not going to go how deplorable their character and personalities are. The reasons of their shopping spree are : buying favors with the foreign countries, chest beating etc.
Anyway I am glad that they throw that bit of money, they don't deserve anything but this.
PS I remember when I was a kid in mid 70s , they Egypt has about 45 millions population.

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 415
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
Not really.
I still dont understand why on earth are they buying the KAI T-50 rn? The Indians offered Egypt to set up complete assembly lines from scratch in Egypt for Tejas fighter jets from 2018 I believe and yet they refused till date......
Tejas is a fighter jet while the T-50 is a trainer/small fighter which means it will have less capabilities than the Tejas in terms of warfare. Furthermore, last year, I believe that Egypt signed a similar agreement with a Chinese jet manufacturer to manufacture trainer jets in Egypt. This means that the T-50 is quite redundant.....
Did you know that Egypt has the fourth-largest F-16 in the world? The T-50 shares many parts with the F-16 and is advantageous for transition education. As far as I know, Egypt was running a training aircraft business, was Tejas a trainer? Does Tejas have any advantage as a trainer? So far, Tejas has only emphasized its performance as a light combat aircraft, but I don't know its ability to lead in fighting training (LIFT). However, statistics show that the T-50 definitely reduces training time for pilots who have to fly the F-16. Poland also purchased the FA-50 after learning that it had similar control characteristics to the F-16. Those who can control the F-16 can control the FA-50 in about six hours of training.
Couple the T-50 with a plethora of other jets in their arsenal from Sukhois, F16s, Rafales, and Typhoons and you have a nightmare of logistics and money pitholes

They are spending billions on weapons while they are closer to bankruptcy than ever with no appropriate economy, infrastructre or human resources, brain drain, and spectacular corruption and yet sign such money-sucking deals?
Egypt's purchase and maintenance of military equipment is mostly made up of U.S. military aid. As long as they remain pro-American, arms imports from other pro-American countries could be in the U.S. interest. In this case, T-50 will be in line with that.

It is thought that the Egyptian Air Force will gradually reduce Russian aircraft. The SU-35 is also canceled, so Russia uses the volume. And They didn't even order a typhoon.
Finally, we dont know the scope of the ToT from South Korea yet.... God knows they may be just locally producing the tires and wings and then calling it a ToT
Most Koreans are atheists, so they don't really care about God. Ha Ha. But if Korea really sets the scope of TOT like that, is it foolish for the country that signed the contract even after knowing it?

Even the Korean K2 tank deal is just crazy. Why on Earth is Egypt doing so when the Egyptians already have a deal to locally partially produce Abrams A1 tanks in Egypt? Rather than upgrading a good tank they just go for a new production line with another partial ToT? This is ridiculous
K2 issues have only been mentioned a lot, but there has been no actual contract level, but if this deal is certain, local production will also be possible. It will replace the existing old tanks such as M60, T62, and T55. It's gonna be like Poland. M1 and K2.

But what's the use of these discussions? This is not a formal contract, but an MOU-level contract. Wouldn't it be better to discuss it again when we have a more specific outline?

Last edited:

topsamaraoccurb

Nation of residence
East Timor
Nation of origin
Solomon Islands
У вас было такое

рейтинг управляющих компаний самара 2022

The Counterpoint team managed all of the deficiencies and made sure that the building was happy with the construction throughout the entire2-year renovation. For that reason, Rule 2-01 provides that, in determining whether an accountant is independent, the Commission will consider all relevant facts and circumstances. In determining whether an accountant is independent, the Commission will consider all relevant circumstances, including all relationships between the accountant and the audit client, and not just those relating to reports filed with the Commission. Any partner, principal, shareholder, or professional employee of the accounting firm, any of his or her immediate family members, any close family member of a covered person in the firm, or any group of the above persons has filed a Schedule 13D or 13G (17 CFR 240.13d-101 or 240.13d-102) with the Commission indicating beneficial ownership of more than five percent of an audit client's equity securities or controls an audit client, or a close family member of a partner, principal, or shareholder of the accounting firm controls an audit client. 1) Financial relationships. An accountant is not independent if, at any point during the audit and professional engagement period, the accountant has a direct financial interest or a material indirect financial interest in the accountant's audit client, such as: (i) Investments in audit clients.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom