EU has the largest EEZ

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
A European Commission document entitled “The EU and international ocean governance” states that the EU has the largest EEZ in the world and its size reaches 20 million square kilometers, ie its seas are 380% larger than its land area.
But the most important element of this document is the next map that shows the EEZs of all EU countries and which, clearly, defines not only the EEZ of Greece but also the fact that it has a sea border with Cyprus.

1638193993947.png

1638194040333.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Notice how Turkey, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya's eez has been cut down thanks to European imperialism.

Turkey is the only one opposing this as it refuses its eez to be stolen. Turkey is breaking the deadlock.

Turkey-Libya deal was much needed.

Last edited:

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Notice how Turkey, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya's eez has been cut down thanks to European imperialism.

Turkey is the only one opposing tbis as it refuses its eez to be stolen. Turkey is breaking the deadlock.

Turkey-Libya deal was much needed.
Notrhing cut down, all are acording the UNCLOS, billateral agreements, International Court, middle line and 200 miles. Only Turkey has problem with the international law.

T

Turko

A European Commission document entitled “The EU and international ocean governance” states that the EU has the largest EEZ in the world and its size reaches 20 million square kilometers, ie its seas are 380% larger than its land area.
But the most important element of this document is the next map that shows the EEZs of all EU countries and which, clearly, defines not only the EEZ of Greece but also the fact that it has a sea border with Cyprus.

View attachment 36513

View attachment 36514
How comes UK's EEZ belongs to the EU's?

Okan

Reactions
2 194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Notrhing cut down, all are acording the UNCLOS, billateral agreements, International Court, middle line and 200 miles. Only Turkey has problem with the international law.

International law? Like treaty of Lausanne? Or Paris Peace treaties?

IMG_20211130_201931.jpg

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yes. Because according to your claims if i want to swim around some parts of Kas i would violate your maritime border and if i want to jump to the sea i would violate your airspace. And i kinda have a problem with that.

2-17-696x367.jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
EU is a union and as such can’t have EEZ.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
International law? Like treaty of Lausanne? Or Paris Peace treaties?

View attachment 36545
For this my arguments are in........

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Yes. Because according to your claims if i want to swim around some parts of Kas i would violate your maritime border and if i want to jump to the sea i would violate your airspace. And i kinda have a problem with that.

2-17-696x367.jpg
Do not confuse maritime with the EEZ borders!!!
As regards Kastelorizo complex, the Greek position is very clear: the maritime boundaries between the Dodecanese and Turkey are delimited by the Agreement of 4 January 1932 and the Protocol of 28 December 1932 between Italy and Turkey, to which Greece succeeded on the basis of Article 14(1) of the Peace Treaty of 10 February 1947.
So, you can swimming in Kas, even the territorial waters extent to 12 n.m.

M

Manomed

Do not confuse maritime with the EEZ borders!!!
As regards Kastelorizo complex, the Greek position is very clear: the maritime boundaries between the Dodecanese and Turkey are delimited by the Agreement of 4 January 1932 and the Protocol of 28 December 1932 between Italy and Turkey, to which Greece succeeded on the basis of Article 14(1) of the Peace Treaty of 10 February 1947.
So, you can swimming in Kas, even the territorial waters extent to 12 n.m.
If you extend it It won't end good for you

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom