TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,030
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
The reality today, in my view, is even more sinister and hands-off. Japanese policymakers probably aren't getting direct orders from the State Dept. anymore. Their population are so deluded that most begrudgingly accept that the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were necessary. When you raise people to believe that, when even Douglas "just nuke China and Korea" MacArthur admitted were unnecessary, you own them.

If i had the energy for it i would try and find information again on it, its been a while. I think even the Persian press TV did a really good documentary on it. It mostly covered Germany but touched on how things were very similar for Japan. Not simply that both nations are intimidated by the USA not to do things as in the case of Turkiye, but both nations within their constitutions give the Americans final say in most things that matter.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,672
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan could hardly be more critical of Israel regarding what it is doing in Gaza. Why depict him as pro-Israeli? What is the purpose?

Words VS actions I guess, most of Israel's oil comes through Turkey and trade with TR has been increasing.

Iran just wants to put TR in a difficult position

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Words VS actions I guess, most of Israel's oil comes through Turkey and trade with TR has been increasing.

Iran just wants to put TR in a difficult position
That just like Russian said everyone he dislikes a Nazi or American said someone a Tyrant.

In Islam world,pro-israel is almost same as Nazi in west.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the point of shooting yourself in the foot like this? both the opposition and the ruling party are playing stupid ideological games here. Opposition is pressuring the ruling party to throw away money, and the ruling party is like "look, we want to throw away money more than you; we will even pressure private sector to throw away money as well." Pathetic stuff.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,597
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
NEW: 10 agreements signed during Turkish President's visit to #Hungary (understand 17 have been agreed) including:

- Defence industry (already several projects on the go, including joint production of armored vehicle)
- Nuclear power (both countries currently expanding nuclear power capacity, partly with help of Russian firm Rosatom at Akkuyu in Turkiye and PAKS 2NPP in Hungary)
- Civilian emergencies (Hungary one of first countries to send aid to Turkiye following quakes this year, two countries also working together on a general plan for the Organisation of Turkic States)
- Upgrade of bilateral relations between two states to Enhanced Strategic Partnership

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,672
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A while back Ersat Salih's Turkmen group in Iraq unfurled pro-Iranian banners.

Eyes on the Kirkuk election.

20231218_205129.jpg

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,672
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A while back Ersat Salih's Turkmen group in Iraq unfurled pro-Iranian banners.

Eyes on the Kirkuk election.

View attachment 64048

I argued this a while back, but barring Barzani from Kirkuk played into Iranian hands. Talabani of PUK is currently leading by a very large margin according to the above.

This means Iranian influence and PKK in Kirkuk and Iranian supply lines/smuggling routes into Syria are secured.

Note the size of this crowd from this guy. Looks like bad news.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,656
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The President of Somalia called the family of the Turkish citizen killed in a car crash that involved the son of the President.

The President of Somalia:

“I am the President of Somalia, I am the father of Mohammed Hasan. I share your pain and offer my condolences. I want you to know that all our hearts are with you. We have full confidence in Turkish justice and the Turkish justice system, and our respect is endless. Everything will continue as it should, all processes, all procedures. I just wanted to express my feelings and condolences to you as a father. Also, my wife wanted to convey her wishes to you with the same feelings and wishes. That's the reason I'm calling. "We pray for God's mercy and want you to know that we are praying for him."

Still a honorable act. I hope his son will be given to the Turkish judiciary system so he can be punished accordingly.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,266
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,818
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Foreign Affairs Committee of the Turkish Grand National Assembly will discuss Sweden's accession protocol to NATO on Tuesday, December 26, at 15:00.

Turkiye should act accordingly to already know and expect protocol of ally behavior.
I mean Turkiye should respect and follow the same Language in order to please West on this matter.
And Turkiye should "say sweden should became our NATO partner and we/Turkiye are making necessary steps". By saying this and acting as good ally and follow democracy, Turkiye MUST find and DO ANY opportunity to DELAY sweden to enter in NATO.
Proper period should be as example provided by usa -> normally 10 years

I am sure that sweden will be happy as this is their way they act when come to Turkiye

Spitfire9

Reactions
6 377
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Better to say "sweden should became our NATO partner and we/Turkiye are making necessary steps" and do what you say.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom