Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,660
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, we saw a rise in non-translated posts. Stick to English and if you want to discuss something in your native language you can tag the person in the respective chit chat thread of your nationality or thread where it is allowed.

Warning was given and message deleted.

Thank you!

Iskander

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
9 1,051
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Wanting to become a member of Sco when we are a member of Nato? Our government is talking nonsense as usual.

Btw, I would say yes to leaving NATO.
The SCO is not a military bloc. You can join this organization while remaining a member of NATO. Why should Türkiye leave NATO???:rolleyes:

Hungary is a member of NATO and the EU, but also wants to be in the Organization of Turkic States.
Armenia - it is a member of the Russian military bloc CSTO, but at the same time it has become a strategic partner of the United States.
By the way, just a week after Washington announced this, China and Azerbaijan also announced a strategic partnership.
We (Azerbaijan) will become a full member of the SCO in the coming years (possibly in 2025).
Since the Europeans do not want to accept Turkey and Azerbaijan into the EU, we have every right to do what is beneficial to us.

What confuses you about the SCO?:)

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,994
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You upset me. You think I don't know that? The members know what I mean.
My actual point was that, no kings and queens do not hold actual power over UK politics. It is by all means a popular democracy and parties hold the power with their prime ministers, and bureaucrats who are not assigned by the crown but civil systems.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,056
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The SCO is not a military bloc. You can join this organization while remaining a member of NATO. Why should Türkiye leave NATO???:rolleyes:

Hungary is a member of NATO and the EU, but also wants to be in the Organization of Turkic States.
Armenia - it is a member of the Russian military bloc CSTO, but at the same time it has become a strategic partner of the United States.
By the way, just a week after Washington announced this, China and Azerbaijan also announced a strategic partnership.
We (Azerbaijan) will become a full member of the SCO in the coming years (possibly in 2025).
Since the Europeans do not want to accept Turkey and Azerbaijan into the EU, we have every right to do what is beneficial to us.

What confuses you about the SCO?:)
Is it something wrong with the forum or is it me?

Do you think maybe I don't know that Sco is not a military organization?

Nato was founded to oppose Russia, now it opposes both Russia and China. If you cooperate with them very seriously, the US will not be silent. Besides, why would China and Russia want to take a member from Nato, which is hostile to them?

Under normal circumstances, China and Russia should say no. Unless they have another strategic plan.

Iskander

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
9 1,051
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Is it something wrong with the forum or is it me?

Do you think maybe I don't know that Sco is not a military organization?

Nato was founded to oppose Russia, now it opposes both Russia and China. If you cooperate with them very seriously, the US will not be silent. Besides, why would China and Russia want to take a member from Nato, which is hostile to them?

Under normal circumstances, China and Russia should say no. Unless they have another strategic plan.
Turkish Ambassador to China Ismail Hakki Musa in an interview with the Chinese newspaper Huanqiu Shibao:
“The desire to join BRICS will not change Turkey’s attitude towards joining the European Union, but we are realistic. We have waited more than 50 years, but our European partners are still not ready to accept us as a full member.”

Musa suggested that the European Union's reluctance to accept his country as a full member is due to the fact that Turkey belongs to a different cultural code. “BRICS is an international organization that embraces many different cultures and is focused on economic cooperation,” explained the diplomat, discussing his country’s intention to join the bloc.
The ambassador also added that he considers Turkey’s desire to join BRICS natural, given the bloc’s role in modern economics and geopolitics.

France, being a member of NATO, pursues a foreign policy completely independent of it and is in a military alliance with countries outside the organization.
The United States 3 weeks ago declared Armenia, a country unfriendly to Turkey, a strategic partner and is literally now conducting military exercises with the Armenian army not far from the very border of Turkey. etc.
Does Turkey need NATO more or vice versa? This is still a controversial issue.
If Turkie had nuclear weapons, this question would not have arisen...

Turkey has a military alliance with Azerbaijan, and I dream of the day when our Central Asian brothers join us. If Russians, French, Americans or Armenians don't like it, let them drink cold water. They say it helps :)

China and Russia will be happy to see Turkey in both BRICS and the SCO.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,660
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish Ambassador to China Ismail Hakki Musa in an interview with the Chinese newspaper Huanqiu Shibao:
“The desire to join BRICS will not change Turkey’s attitude towards joining the European Union, but we are realistic. We have waited more than 50 years, but our European partners are still not ready to accept us as a full member.”

Musa suggested that the European Union's reluctance to accept his country as a full member is due to the fact that Turkey belongs to a different cultural code. “BRICS is an international organization that embraces many different cultures and is focused on economic cooperation,” explained the diplomat, discussing his country’s intention to join the bloc.
The ambassador also added that he considers Turkey’s desire to join BRICS natural, given the bloc’s role in modern economics and geopolitics.

France, being a member of NATO, pursues a foreign policy completely independent of it and is in a military alliance with countries outside the organization.
The United States 3 weeks ago declared Armenia, a country unfriendly to Turkey, a strategic partner and is literally now conducting military exercises with the Armenian army not far from the very border of Turkey. etc.
Does Turkey need NATO more or vice versa? This is still a controversial issue.
If Turkie had nuclear weapons, this question would not have arisen...

China and Russia will be happy to see Turkey in both BRICS and the SCO.
We should intensify our efforts around the Organization of the Turkic States and include a security/defence treaty.

This is an organization which should enforce its position in the region and for this it should keep a serious posture towards Russia.

After Azerbaijan did what it had to do in the Caucasus the position of Russia towards the country is different. We should enforce this same position in the whole Central Asian region, keep the independence and sovereignty of the countries part of the organization and build friendly neighboring relationships with countries like Russia and China.

As we see there is a New World Order being formed right now and the Turkic world should take its fair place in this world order as a stable and powerful alliance.

Top Bottom