Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
GE Aviation has delivered its first F110-GE-129 engines for the United States Air Force’s F-15EX advanced fighter.

In June, the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCM) awarded GE Aviation a Lot 1 contract to produce 19 F110-GE-129 engines, including installs and spares and modernized engine monitoring system computers for the F-15EX.

“GE’s F110 production line is fully operational and ready to serve the F-15EX program in support of the National Defense Strategy,” said Shawn Warren, GE Aviation’s vice president and general manager of large combat and mobility engines. “We’re proud to deliver these engines to Boeing and do our part to ensure the Air Force’s rapid fielding requirements are met to maintain fighter aircraft capacity.”

F110-GE-129 engine (Provided by the Port Authority of San Antonio)

Image provided by the Port Authority of San Antonio

GE Aviation’s F110-GE-129 engine is the only engine tested, integrated and certified for the fly-by-wire F-15EX. In 2014, GE began investing resources and made a long-term commitment to become qualified on the F-15EX. GE has significant experience and expertise in aircraft integration, which it accomplished with Boeing through technology and software upgrades, software version changes, and enhancements in F110 performance and durability.

The F110 family of engines has surpassed 10 million flight hours. The F110 powers all the F-15s delivered in the last eight years.

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still think we should get a squadron or two as a stop gap solution untill our MMU comes of age. It will be atleast a decade until we can see any in service. Greece is getting a squadron of Rafale and Egypt already has a couple of Su-35, Mig-35 and others.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still think we should get a squadron or two as a stop gap solution untill our MMU comes of age. It will be atleast a decade until we can see any in service. Greece is getting a squadron of Rafale and Egypt already has a couple of Su-35, Mig-35 and others.

Do you think the F15 Silent Eagle would be a good choice too?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-15 strike eagle and it's derivative mainly uses GE F110, which I believe are also assembled in Turkey by TAI, a big plus from a logistical standpoint consider that Turkey also operate F110 powered F16s fleet.

Using another type of Jets with different type of engine would take additional cost and time to train the human resources to handle such.

checksixx

Reactions
F-15 strike eagle and it's derivative mainly uses GE F110, which I believe are also assembled in Turkey by TAI, a big plus from a logistical standpoint consider that Turkey also operate F110 powered F16s fleet.

Using another type of Jets with different type of engine would take additional cost and time to train the human resources to handle such.

F-15E Strike Eagles use Pratt & Whitney engines exclusively. None use GE motors.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And you think Congress will allow it? They wont.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom