Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
5a6c6f2b-68c1-4551-a429-8316cb40b287_w948_r1.77_fpx30.1_fpy50.jpg

The Greens are putting the federal government under pressure on controversial arms exports. According to SPIEGEL information, they want the Bundestag to vote on whether Germany can continue to deliver submarines to Turkey.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Will this a problem for us? Untill the project is finished i don't care, this will be the last sub we buy from germany.

Ronin

Reactions
I don't think this will happen. In the end money talks. And that's a lot of money. Also the economy of Germany take a hard hit because of corona.

But on the other side, the salvos Erdoğan is repeatedly launching against Europe don't really help to solve problems. I mean turkey is absolutely right to defend its rights and interests but Erdoğans bravado don't make things easier. 😅

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Will this a problem for us? Untill the project is finished i don't care, this will be the last sub we buy from germany.

Design studies of national submarine called MilDen will be completed until 2023. STM and Armerkom is working on design phase of 3000t submarine and Turkish institutes have gained great experiences on sub-components of submarines and revealed many competitive and high quality products for U-214 program. As far as I know, SSB has commenced submarine battery and fuel cell development programs with experienced institutes. If we don’t meet a road accident, We may see construction ceremony of first Milden by 2024/25.

Osprey

Reactions
5a6c6f2b-68c1-4551-a429-8316cb40b287_w948_r1.77_fpx30.1_fpy50.jpg

The Greens are putting the federal government under pressure on controversial arms exports. According to SPIEGEL information, they want the Bundestag to vote on whether Germany can continue to deliver submarines to Turkey.

Afaik these contracts are guaranteed by the governments, I don't know whether they can mess with the Reis class sub. project or not. They can put shadow embargos on us such as slowing down the deliveries of critical parts but actually ending this project F-35 style, I don't know.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its that damn Cem Özdemir,he is a PKK sympathizer.
A friend of mine almost had him once but his bodyguards saved him.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well this is dangerous.

Lmaoo you had some Turks saying literally vote for leftist parties so the right do not come to power as they will be worse for Turkiye and interests when leftists are not so different.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom