Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So something to clarify.

1. 40 Hürjet for TurAF + Exports OR 2. 40 Hürjets overall for TurAF+Exports being the target?

Cause the latter seems very low for a Air Force the size of the TurAF. Also its a very low number overall imo.

Gonna guess Demir meant 40 Hürjet for TurAF to replace the T-38 and then there are export opportunities.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
- In the video shared by Hürkuş's CAT-1 test pilot Murat Özpala, it is seen that the tests of Hürjet continue in the engine test area.

- The first flight will take place with the completion of aircraft level tests.

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 17.06.55.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 17.08.07.png

Enderun

Reactions
4 850
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İsmail Demir, President of Defense Industries:

"(HÜRJET) We will turn it into an aircraft that can carry ammunition and can provide close air support. We have ordered mass production."
"We want HÜRJET to be deployed on the Anatolian ship."

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,729
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
"We want HÜRJET to be deployed on the Anatolian ship."
If you watch the interview again you will see that he corrects himself afterwards and says, we want it to land and take off from a ship “ like” Anadolu.

Not necessarily TCG Anadolu itself. (After 1.00.00 min.)

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ismail Demirs Interview with NTV.
Topics include Hürjet, Anka 3, TF-X / MMU

I think it has become clear that the Hurjet, MMU and ANKA-3 ceremonies will be held on the same day. On the day when the state dignitaries will attend, we will watch a hangar rollout ceramony of MMU, and the flight of other two platforms.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Well, the " mock up" was rolled infront of the public a week or two ago. Am I wrong here? The similar chritisism in regards to Kizilelma, you know that thing which flew a few days ago? Coincidence?

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fahrettin Öztürk, Deputy General Manager of TAI and the head of the production lines, in an short interview with defensehere:

(Hürjet)
"Production is complete and ready."
"We are ready to start for flight tests."
"The first flight ceremony will be held on the first date deemed appropriate by our state leaders."

(Hürkuş-2)
"There is great interest in Hürkuş from around the world."
"Hürkuş-2 will soon take its place in the production line."
"We have made great progress in terms of both weight and capabilities."
"Technological developments are also reflected in this project. It is a lighter and better maneuverable variant."

(MMU)
"There is a higher motivation in the MMU project. We have very different feelings about the MMU, and it is an important achievement for our nation."
"We are happy to have brought the project to this stage in a very short period of time, and we believe that we can fulfill even the most difficult projects when given the task by our government."
"We have great support from our people, we see this everywhere we go, and I would like to thank them for this support."

Last edited:

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Am I the only one that thinks they should have painted the Hurjet before releasing images of it to the public? I know that it doesn't really matter but it would just look better for marketing.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Am I the only one that thinks they should have painted the Hurjet before releasing images of it to the public? I know that it doesn't really matter but it would just look better for marketing.

As far as I know, Hürjet will be painted before her maiden flight.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know, but I hope we've started looking into it as we are going to need it, imo, before we start serial production of our own jets.
There is a reason why basically only 3 makers of ejection seats exists which are M-B, Russia and China. Needs hundreds of tests to ensure secure ejection every single time.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom