DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,376
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
because this is just for show. They flew an empty shell like a RC drone over the airport and called it a day.

Perhaps there should be a better explanation.
The system just made its maiden flight recently, things need to mature gradually.

I guess what I mean is, they could have invested the money in its development instead of buying large number of TB-2 as they are not in a hurry to form a drone force right now.

Or they probably they could learn a lot from TB-2 for their own program.

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Afif
There is a large need for drones for the UAE for the many bases it has in country and overseas on Soctora for example. TB2 alone can’t fulfill that need. If the Reach-S only costs 1.1 million than even putting 100 million into purchases can acquire enough for whatever needs.

I’d say there’s space for both and they are working on munition testing with a smaller drone called “instrumented drone 30”

I screengrabbed some footage from LAAD 2023

9367C0D1-2C0B-4CB0-9BBB-395890743C05.jpeg

1681777067467.jpeg

“At the Dubai Air Show, we showed the Reach-S as a dummy model. It is now a flying plane, and we are in the process of closing a very large order,” he said, before revealing how much a single aircraft will cost without a ground control station.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,376
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Good news! Local industry participation in supplying PGM would reduce cost and foreign dependency.

Is this specific to UAE variant of rafale or would be available for 3rd parties too?

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Good news! Local industry participation in supplying PGM would reduce cost and foreign dependency.

Is this specific to UAE variant of rafale or would be available for 3rd parties too?
I’m not sure honestly, I know the AASM is expensive so this could be an option to third party countries. Would need more details in the future to know if UAE specific or export oriented as well.

But this does mean the French are a lot more lenient that America in terms of weapon integration.

Top Bottom