Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Halcon's micro munitions are all local assembly/manufacturing of South African products, they do not produce any of the critical tech used in them.

even with the help of imported south African engineers, they still only produce parts that require imported machinery and no local production of pin photodetectors for SALH no thermal batteries no FPGA ... (you get the idea)

turkey, for example, started with tasking the design of its micro munitions to german companies, and at the beginning, even MAM-L warheads were imported from TDA .
they still import most critical parts 😅,but at least they're producing locally developed seekers for them now.

only MENAT counties that developed them from scratch are Iran and Israel, altough Iran mostly uses EO/IR in guidance in them because most of it's UCAVs rely on cheap EO/IR turrets with very short-range laser illuminators and some of them don't even have laser illuminators.

Saudi PSDSARC is working on one design for its sky guardian UAV but they didn't test it yet.
s1.png
It is a gradual process I suppose right?

Also, the designs are becoming independent of Denel but they use many foreign components from countries like India which is perfectly fine considering the relationship between the two countries. The stuff being imported from South Africa is now being substituted with cheaper solutions from countries like India as I said which I found proof of with trade data.

It is not worth it to produce everything when the costs will go up and the likelihood of getting sanctioned is very low.

L

larbi

It is a gradual process I suppose right?

Also, the designs are becoming independent of Denel but they use many foreign components from countries like India which is perfectly fine considering the relationship between the two countries. The stuff being imported from South Africa is now being substituted with cheaper solutions from countries like India as I said which I found proof of with trade data.

It is not worth it to produce everything when the costs will go up and the likelihood of getting sanctioned is very low.
if the goal is to be independent or a successful regional defense supplier then there is no way around domesticating core technologies like QWIP FPA and guidance systems.

other than this you will just have local contractors assembling and manufacturing non-critical systems with no design know-how & infrastructure.

just look at Turkish contractors and how they are just trying to build supersonic wind tunnels in 2021 with foreign help
and even though their contractors casually sign billion-dollar deals it took them so long (until this year) to be able to locally cast the engine block of a 170HP turbo-diesel ( imported design btw).

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
if the goal is to be independent or a successful regional defense supplier then there is no way around domesticating core technologies like QWIP FPA and guidance systems.

other than this you will just have local contractors assembling and manufacturing non-critical systems with no design know-how & infrastructure.

just look at Turkish contractors and how they are just trying to build supersonic wind tunnels in 2021 with foreign help
and even though their contractors casually sign billion-dollar deals it took them so long (until this year) to be able to locally cast the engine block of a 170HP turbo-diesel ( imported design btw).
They are increasing R&D hugely bro they have probably 200ish Emirati and South African engineers and interns in those departments which is likely more than Denel Dynamics currently has.

Again, Rome was not built in a day just give it time and we'll see what happens.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Halcon Shadow 25 and 50 should enter service in a couple years considering they were undergoing flight tests before IDEX. They probably are developed from lessons learned from Libya related to the Yabhon HMD we saw in June of 2019.

Skyknight will be tested in 2024 hopefully, and HAS-250 maybe 2025 or 2026 if all goes well.

RW-24, P32, and P2 are in service with the UAE armed forces and the company continues to expand its workforce.

I think by the Dubai Airshow it may have grown from 400 at IDEX to 600 employees as an estimate if not larger. I expect a couple more projects by DAS in November related to missiles and they are also expanding to other projects such as a Mars rover wheel development.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
1629131939121.png

Desert Sting munition under production

1629132017092.png

B-250 equipped with Desert Sting, Thunder, and in the future likely NASEF, LCGB-HC2, and any future lightweight projects under development.

1629132083055.png

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Cabatli_53 @Test7 @Fuzuli NL @T-123456

Found this in a video of a new visit to Halcon by officials.

Looks like a new wing kit or cruise missile maybe? Its body seems to be shaped for radar evasion although I'm not sure about that.

Could any of you guys chime in your opinion from these 2 images?

Screenshot_20210922-153725_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210922-152707_YouTube.jpg

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,213
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see some missiles on production. Is there any test video of the missiles?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom