xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

How China built the best high-speed rail ever

China built almost 40,000 kilometers of high-speed rails in just over a decade. Meanwhile, dreams for a similar high-speed train systems in the EU and US have been consistently derailed. How did China do it? And at what cost?

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
This DW is bullshitting about China again

微信图片_20210831001814.png

微信图片_20210831001701.png

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
If you don't have an issue with terrorist attacks and false flags, you don't have issues with delays in planes. I mean it isn't hard to run a success logistics and transport system, makes me sick that the English civilization from some unknown reason can't do it. British train/bus/aircraft/ships were the best transport systems in the world 100 years ago. My dad owns a wagon company, he has the best company in the area because he is honest with people, that's the issue, nobody is honest with the public about how your transport is crap, the mistakes that have been made and how different regions need different types of transport, also cars are the worst way to travel. Slow, use huge amounts of fuel, carry few people. Most old towns weren't build around roads, so the roads weren't big enough or designed correctly. Its much easy to build something new, than update something old.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you don't have an issue with terrorist attacks and false flags, you don't have issues with delays in planes. I mean it isn't hard to run a success logistics and transport system, makes me sick that the English civilization from some unknown reason can't do it. British train/bus/aircraft/ships were the best transport systems in the world 100 years ago. My dad owns a wagon company, he has the best company in the area because he is honest with people, that's the issue, nobody is honest with the public about how your transport is crap, the mistakes that have been made and how different regions need different types of transport, also cars are the worst way to travel. Slow, use huge amounts of fuel, carry few people. Most old towns weren't build around roads, so the roads weren't big enough or designed correctly. Its much easy to build something new, than update something old.
The problem is with democracies that are corrupted, if you have politicians who only think of short term result then you will never get a project started that will bear fruits only decades later.
In some democracies it works but in many it doesnt, its much better to pave sidewalks to appear as a working goverment, China doesnt have such a problem, its goverment can make plans for the next 50 years because they are unchellanged anyways.

This clip from Grand Tour stuck to my mind in this context.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
The problem is with democracies that are corrupted, if you have politicians who only think of short term result then you will never get a project started that will bear fruits only decades later.
In some democracies it works but in many it doesnt, its much better to pave sidewalks to appear as a working goverment, China doesnt have such a problem, its goverment can make plans for the next 50 years because they are unchellanged anyways.

This clip from Grand Tour stuck to my mind in this context.

We don't have street sweepers anymore. Also it isn't democracy it is representative democracy, direct democracy isn't too bad. And the people we have now are activist politicians, not politicians, they are interested in only transverting the English civilization, not maintaining it. They all need to be put down. They had no hesitation in murdered millions of people in WW1 and WW2, murdering the Kings of England from Richard III to Charles I, they should be no quarter shown to these scum, like Vince Cable, wants to sell the nation to the Chinese.

Are the Chinese going to run English transport and infrastructure as well as they run it in China? No, they are going to mess it up. I am a member of the Conservative party, going to sort this stuff out in the future.

Top Bottom