Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
According to Europe1 the escalation of tensions between Paris and Ankara has prompted the Macron's administration to consider several measures intended to sanction Turkey's attitude.

After Erdogan's remarks on Macron's mental health and calls for a boycott of French products,several actions are planned in the coming days.

Macron's advisers are working on a counterattack that could kick in within the next two or three days. After recalling the French ambassador to Turkey,three other measures are considered.

-France is considering economic sanctions,for exemple by limiting the import of Turkish goods.
-France is considering to step up its military operations in the eastern mediterranean where the Turkish navy is very active.
-France is considering to reinforce controls and pressures on Turkish networks of influence in France.

An adviser to the president said : "Everyone must understand that the entire country is under attack." He adds: "The terrorist threat is XXL since this weekend". The Minister of the Interior Gerald Darmanin also summoned the prefects this morning, surrounded by the head of internal intelligence Nicolas Lerner, who assessed the threat at an extreme level. The message to the prefects is clear: A lot of pressure to deport those flagged radicalization, detection of all terrorist signals and special protection of churches and symbols of Christianity.

Comment Emmanuel Macron veut riposter à la Turquie d'Erdogan​

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Erdogan has achieved something else ; A rare national union has been formed around Macron after Erdogan's attacks. The entire political class is united,something quite rare.... from the far right to the center right... from the center left to the greens and the far left....

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,864
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Europe1 the escalation of tensions between Paris and Ankara has prompted the Macron's administration to consider several measures intended to sanction Turkey's attitude.

After Erdogan's remarks on Macron's mental health and calls for a boycott of French products,several actions are planned in the coming days.

Macron's advisers are working on a counterattack that could kick in within the next two or three days. After recalling the French ambassador to Turkey,three other measures are considered.

-France is considering economic sanctions,for exemple by limiting the import of Turkish goods.
-France is considering to step up its military operations in the eastern mediterranean where the Turkish navy is very active.
-France is considering to reinforce controls and pressures on Turkish networks of influence in France.

An adviser to the president said : "Everyone must understand that the entire country is under attack." He adds: "The terrorist threat is XXL since this weekend". The Minister of the Interior Gerald Darmanin also summoned the prefects this morning, surrounded by the head of internal intelligence Nicolas Lerner, who assessed the threat at an extreme level. The message to the prefects is clear: A lot of pressure to deport those flagged radicalization, detection of all terrorist signals and special protection of churches and symbols of Christianity.

Comment Emmanuel Macron veut riposter à la Turquie d'Erdogan​

Where is France heading to ?

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Where is France heading to ?
Confronting rather than appeasing those who threathen our way of life, our liberties and our democracies.
A lunatic who was given shelter by the French has decided to behead a teacher over some cartoons and because the French state won't tolerate this, another lunatic who fancies himself as Mehmet the Conqueror reincarnated, dares to call the French fascists

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,864
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Confronting rather than appeasing those who threathen our way of life, our liberties and our democracies.
A lunatic who was given shelter by the French has decided to behead a teacher over some cartoons and because the French state won't tolerate this, another lunatic who fancies himself as Mehmet the Conqueror reincarnated, dares to call the French fascists
You going to build gas chambers then ?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,864
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are you taking offence with the beheaded and not with the beheader ?
No, that twat needs to be executed. But I was asking about what steps Macron is going to take against those deemed radicals.

btw you should see the video I posted about chechnya under Russia. Super radicals...pretty women though.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan has achieved something else ; A rare national union has been formed around Macron after Erdogan's attacks. The entire political class is united,something quite rare.... from the far right to the center right... from the center left to the greens and the far left....
Same can be said about Turkey, France with its arrogant meddling goes on nerves of many Turks lately, Macron should mind his own business and stop meddling in Turkeys backyard.
I dont like Erdogan but i agree with him on one thing, todays Turkey is not the same as 2 decades ago Europe better gets used to it.

PS: hoping economic measures to make Turks back down is funny btw, Europe and US have been using this card every now and then, did it ever stop Turkey from protecting its important interests?
Turks are used to economic crisis every couple decades, if you want to stop Turkey then you need to fight it on the field. :)

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
No, that twat needs to be executed. But I was asking about what steps Macron is going to take against those deemed radicals.

btw you should see the video I posted about chechnya under Russia. Super radicals...pretty women though.
I think he allready explained, which led to Erdogan loosing its marbles. I missed the gas chambers part....hope they ll spare my Turkish barber and my favourite kebap place if that's a plan

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,864
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Though we don’t need to help our enemies unite. I think Reis has too much arrogance too.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Though we don’t need to help our enemies unite. I think Reis has too much arrogance too.
Sure he has his role in it too, him shutting up would help a lot but nobody is gonna shape geostrategic plans according to mere words, so its not all his fault he is after all defending Turkeys interests any other leader would be facing France and its allies too with the difference of having a softer aproach maybe but is that what you really want?
Turkey by the nature of its geography was always surrounded by enemies it only eased with NATO membership but never really disappeared.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Same can be said about Turkey, France with its arrogant meddling goes on nerves of many Turks lately, Macron should mind his own business and stop meddling in Turkeys backyard.
I dont like Erdogan but i agree with him on one thing, todays Turkey is not the same as 2 decades ago Europe better gets used to it.

PS: hoping economic measures to make Turks back down is funny btw, Europe and US have been using this card every now and then, did it ever stop Turkey from protecting its important interests?
Turks are used to economic crisis every couple decades, if you want to stop Turkey then you need to fight it on the field. :)

Tensions between Turkey and France were already running high given the so many disagreements on many subjects (Syria,Libya,Eastern Mediterranean,Greece,Cyprus,migrants..... among many others) now the recent events involving religion (and personnal insults btw) were the final straw.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tensions between Turkey and France were already running high given the so many disagreements on many subjects (Syria,Libya,Eastern Mediterranean,Greece,Cyprus,migrants..... among many others) now the recent events involving religion (and personnal insults btw) were the final straw.
As said mere words dont play such a big role when its about international relations?
What did Trump say about Kim Jong Un just before meeting himpersonally? You make Macron sound like a thin skinned leader, if anything then those words are a excuse to implement long prepared measures.

And you point to my argument btw, Syria, Cyprus, Eastern Med. and Libya to some extent are Turkeys backyard, do you really expect Turkey to back down from following its interests just because a noisy guy from France is riding the populism wave in his country by attacking Turkey?
Lets be real here picking on Turkey is nothing but a golden opportunity for Macron, he pleases left and right, he can appease the populists and the Armenian diaspora in his country while not having to fear any negative effect, at least in short term until next elections ofcourse he will use it.
Thats the only explanation why France as a Minsk group member whos supposed to be neutral has taken a stance against Azerbaijan even thought Az is 100% right in this conflict.
C'mon man its easy to blame Turks for everything but France is far from being an angel, very far if i may add.

Ronin

Reactions
@xenon5434 good analysis of the situation 👍

They draw maps (Sevilla map).
They want you to accept the map.
They get offended when you don't accept their terms.
They call u the aggressor.
Short summary of the western hypocrisy.

Although Erdoğan's "Eeeeeeey" Diplomacy didnt really help to solve turkeys problems. It only deepens the problems without any gain. He should really leave the talking to his foreign minister.

But France is deeply involved in inner turkish affairs, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,893
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yesss! Let the situation escalate at a full scale. Lets look you will win :)

bsruzm

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
French warships would offer a lot for marine ecosystem in the Eastern Mediterranean, I welcome this decision.

Last edited:
N

Null/Void

NATO has never been this divided I mean they were always Issues between Greece and Turkey,but then again this was never about the comments Macroni made but watermelon seller and Macroni geo political struggles in the Eastern Mediterranean and Macroni chances for reelection which in French politics is highly unlikely I mean Hollande went did not run Sarkozy one term Jacque Chirac was the last who served several terms

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
NATO has never been this divided I mean they were always Issues between Greece and Turkey,but then again this was never about the comments Macroni made but watermelon seller and Macroni geo political struggles in the Eastern Mediterranean and Macroni chances for reelection which in French politics is highly unlikely I mean Hollande went did not run Sarkozy one term Jacque Chirac was the last who served several terms
Macron behaves like a King who is slowly but steadily losing his grip on his empire. All dirty politics aside, look at Turkey and then take a good look at France. On paper, Paris is ahead of Ankara in almost every way possible, yet, they actually lost to Turkey in Syria, Libya, Greece, Cyprus, Karabag...simply put: on all fronts Turkey made significant gains against France.

What's more, Turkey encroaches to the traditionally unchallenged realm of Paris in Africa. Turkey's latest military agreement with Niger is seen as a real threat by France because it is next to Mali.

Mali, on the other hand, is France's uranium stock and the French are prducing about 75% of their electricity from nuclear energy.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
A lot of pressure to deport those flagged radicalization, detection of all terrorist signals
Why is France only thinking of this now? Every country with a brain should have done this long ago. Stopping Middle-East funded mosques and organizations is a no-brainer for any country which wants to stop Islamic extremism at its roots.

Bangladesh closed down all Middle-East funded NGOs and mosques back in 2005-6, and as a result there is no underlying pool of radicalized people. The terrorism threat is also close to zero.

Every single terrorist group, in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, etc. can be traced back to Middle-East funded organizations and Middle-East trained clerics.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom