How Emmanuel Macron wants to retaliate against Erdogan

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
France is the first and only state so far that officially insulted our beloved prophet.
After killing millions of Muslims last two decades, they do portrait Muslims as terrorists.

Good to hear that they are united against two billion Muslims, I do want to see what they are going to do to Muslims they already haven't done yet. Game on...
Not a childish thing like recalling the ambassador from Turkey, the first step should be cut off the tie with all Muslim nations. Turkey isn't remotely the most religious Islamic country in the world.

rainmaker

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
France is the first and only state so far that officially insulted our beloved prophet.
After killing millions of Muslims last two decades, they do portrait Muslims as terrorists.

Good to hear that they are united against two billion Muslims, I do want to see what they are going to do to Muslims they already haven't done yet. Game on...
Not a childish thing like recalling the ambassador from Turkey, the first step should be cut off the tie with all Muslim nations. Turkey isn't remotely the most religious Islamic country in the world.

1. France only did that after an psychopath murdered his teacher.

2. Muslims have murdered millions of other Muslims too. Somehow we forget that. The biggest threat to Muslims comes from other Muslims, don't forget that.

3. All Muslims around the world must learn to avoid reacting with violence. Needless insulting of someone's holy figures is bad, but so is reacting with violence. Its simply unacceptable.

4. Muslims can work to fix their own societies, economies and political systems so that they don't lag behind so much, rather than nonsense boycotts for shitty cartoons which achieve nothing at all.

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1. France only did that after an psychopath murdered his teacher.

2. Muslims have murdered millions of other Muslims too. Somehow we forget that. The biggest threat to Muslims comes from other Muslims, don't forget that.

3. All Muslims around the world must learn to avoid reacting with violence. Needless insulting of someone's holy figures is bad, but so is reacting with violence. Its simply unacceptable.

4. Muslims can work to fix their own societies, economies and political systems so that they don't lag behind so much, rather than nonsense boycotts for shitty cartoons which achieve nothing at all.
1. So it's justified to oppress six million Muslim because a psychopath killing another psychopath, a point noted

2. Muslims murdered millions of Muslims, may I know where did it happen in the modern era? Even they did, is it a reason for killing millions of unarmed civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan?

3, 4. I do agree with these points. Muslims are generally is less intelligent than the cunning westerners. Without improving our own economies and political systems, we will be punching bags for the world.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
As said mere words dont play such a big role when its about international relations?
What did Trump say about Kim Jong Un just before meeting himpersonally? You make Macron sound like a thin skinned leader, if anything then those words are a excuse to implement long prepared measures.

And you point to my argument btw, Syria, Cyprus, Eastern Med. and Libya to some extent are Turkeys backyard, do you really expect Turkey to back down from following its interests just because a noisy guy from France is riding the populism wave in his country by attacking Turkey?
Lets be real here picking on Turkey is nothing but a golden opportunity for Macron, he pleases left and right, he can appease the populists and the Armenian diaspora in his country while not having to fear any negative effect, at least in short term until next elections ofcourse he will use it.
Thats the only explanation why France as a Minsk group member whos supposed to be neutral has taken a stance against Azerbaijan even thought Az is 100% right in this conflict.
C'mon man its easy to blame Turks for everything but France is far from being an angel, very far if i may add.

France is also acting for its interests and doesn't consider Turkey as an ally,more like an opponent and a threat,the reason it is trying to contain it and its growing influence even in "Turkey's backyard" as you call it.

I have always believed there will be a confrontation between our two countries,it isn't a matter of ifs but a matter of when,where and by which intensity.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
1. because a psychopath killing another psychopath

Did you really put in the same basket a teacher who's only crime was to show some pictures to his students with the one who beheaded him ? And you wonder why islamophobia is rising,thanks to the same kind of you with this cavemen and backward mentality.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
France is also acting for its interests and doesn't consider Turkey as an ally,more like an opponent and a threat,the reason it is trying to contain it and its growing influence even in "Turkey's backyard" as you call it.

I have always believed there will be a confrontation between our two countries,it isn't a matter of ifs but a matter of when,where and by which intensity.
Well the term ally has lost its meaning when our supposed allies started to support splinter cells of a terrorist group just across Turkish border which is a threat to Turkeys territorial integrity.
Everybody has interests but some things can not be justified with it, i mean Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan had also their interest yet what they did is considered unethical nevertheless.

France and US are doing with Kurds today what Russia did with Armenians 100 years ago against Turks you shouldnt expect Turkey to sit idly and take whatever may come.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Erdogan has achieved something else ; A rare national union has been formed around Macron after Erdogan's attacks. The entire political class is united,something quite rare.... from the far right to the center right... from the center left to the greens and the far left....

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,173
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. So it's justified to oppress six million Muslim because a psychopath killing another psychopath, a point noted

2. Muslims murdered millions of Muslims, may I know where did it happen in the modern era? Even they did, is it a reason for killing millions of unarmed civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan?

3, 4. I do agree with these points. Muslims are generally is less intelligent than the cunning westerners. Without improving our own economies and political systems, we will be punching bags for the world.

Bro one disagreement there he was a teacher and the person who murdered him was not even a student.

After the incident what happened next two muslim women got stabbed and got called dirty arabs.

Just like with 911 and the paris attacks every time terrorists or extremists commit an awful act it turns into a blowback or consequences for Muslims.

Because isis and aq dont give a shit to them Muslim lives are all expendable in their quests of a revolution. Not even non Muslim lives are spared. Because its all part of their plan of chaos and destruction to unleash the end of days.

How many of our youth got their lives thrown away or rotting in prison due to extremist propaganda while the likes of Anjem Choudary sits in the comfort of his own home.

Many ways of defending the Prophets honour. Killing is not one. West should also have a greater sensitivity to peoples faiths rather than insulting them. To a lot of Muslims insulting the Prophet is like insulting our mothers and fathers.

Last edited:

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

"Ironically",Mélanchon and his MPs were among the first two years ago to alert about Erdogan's Turkey and the dangers of the "islamist dictator",to which the current defence minister replied "Turkey is an ally,if it isn't,it means it's an enemy".....

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,173
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Ironically",Mélanchon and his MPs were among the first two years ago to alert about Erdogan's Turkey and the dangers of the "islamist dictator",to which the current defence minister replied "Turkey is an ally,if it isn't,it means it's an enemy".....

How times change.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well that only shows how much French politics is drive by populism rather than rational thinking.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Muslims can work to fix their own societies, economies and political systems so that they don't lag behind so much, rather than nonsense boycotts for shitty cartoons which achieve nothing at all.

This is impossible because of your Western leaders.

What did Khadaffi do to being killed and his regime to overthrown by France and the UK?

Libya was a debt free country and the most richest of Africa. It had the lowest illiteracy rates. Every adult person (18+) got a monthly salarycap from the state for free (because of the oil incomes).

Look to Libya now. Same goes for all muslim countries or ex-colonial states. When they try to build something or being indepandant, Western powers come to intervene (peace missions) or start bringing down governments (revolution!) or creating insurgency (Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Qaida, ISIS).

Happening in Sudan, Mali, Libya, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo etc

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,173
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is impossible because of your Western leaders.

What did Khadaffi do to being killed and his regime to overthrown by France and the UK?

Libya was a debt free country and the most richest of Africa. It had the lowest illiteracy rates. Every adult person (18+) got a monthly salarycap from the state for free (because of the oil incomes).

Look to Libya now. Same goes for all muslim countries or ex-colonial states. When they try to build something or being indepandant, Western powers come to intervene (peace missions) or start bringing down governments (revolution!) or creating insurgency (Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Qaida, ISIS).

Happening in Sudan, Mali, Libya, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo etc

Dont forget sanctions and embragoes also military coups.

Macron even insulted African countries by saying all their problems is due to them being uncivilised.

Remember this when it comes to corruption in the third world. Western countries thrive with it allows them to keep politicians in their pockets to get resources also leverages.

The Elites from a lot of these countries keep their wealth in swiss or french banks.

Because the colonial overlords have not left but have kept their puppets in line to rule.

I know.my thing is going to sound like a typical anti western rant. But its not the West takes what it wants because its strong also uses its intelligence and cunningness to rip people off.

Just the way of the world nothing has been fair and never will be.

Seriously if Turks want to be powerful. Screw international law and try to be strong in all areas. We always look at the Ottomans and Ataturk to comfort ourselves. We should be saying to ourselves we have to surpass and even be better than our forefathers.

The saying has always been might is right and the strong always eats up the weak.

I also dont like the victimhood mentality among Muslims even among Turks it makes us look pathetic and petty.

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Did you really put in the same basket a teacher who's only crime was to show some pictures to his students with the one who beheaded him ? And you wonder why islamophobia is rising,thanks to the same kind of you with this cavemen and backward mentality.
How nice of you to downplay an incident which was only motivated by hate and to provoke Muslims deliberately.
Where in the world a sane minded teacher shows a highly motivated hate cartoon where it insulted the most beloved person in the world to children? when did you hit that low?
By the way, when Erdogan said some words Macron recall the french ambassador because his little french ego got heart. "Freedom of speech" lecture didn't fit in this case I guess.
French are sucking blood from Africa for centuries, even in this modern ear and you call me caveman?
Your accent is funny, but you are funnier, monsieur

rainmaker

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
How nice of you to downplay an incident which was only motivated by hate and to provoke Muslims deliberately.
Where in the world a sane minded teacher shows a highly motivated hate cartoon where it insulted the most beloved person in the world to children? when did you hit that low?
By the way, when Erdogan said some words Macron recall the french ambassador because his little french ego got heart. "Freedom of speech" lecture didn't fit in this case I guess.
French are sucking blood from Africa for centuries, even in this modern ear and you call me caveman?
Your accent is funny, but you are funnier, monsieur
No matter how provoking, murdering is NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. IT MUST BE CONDEMNED UNEQUIVOCALLY.

Get that into your head. When placed next to murder of a teacher, showing a cartoon is nothing. They are not equivalent. They are not even close.

This backward mentality is why many parts of the Muslim world are in constant conflict and unable to create stable, thriving societies. We have to get out of this mentality - for our own sakes. What's in the past cannot be changed BUT AT LEAST LEARN FROM IT SO THAT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.

Lucifer_Decoy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bro one disagreement there he was a teacher and the person who murdered him was not even a student.

After the incident what happened next two muslim women got stabbed and got called dirty arabs.

Just like with 911 and the paris attacks every time terrorists or extremists commit an awful act it turns into a blowback or consequences for Muslims.

Because isis and aq dont give a shit to them Muslim lives are all expendable in their quests of a revolution. Not even non Muslim lives are spared. Because its all part of their plan of chaos and destruction to unleash the end of days.

How many of our youth got their lives thrown away or rotting in prison due to extremist propaganda while the likes of Anjem Choudary sits in the comfort of his own home.

Many ways of defending the Prophets honour. Killing is not one. West should also have a greater sensitivity to peoples faiths rather than insulting them. To a lot of Muslims insulting the Prophet is like insulting our mothers and fathers.
Brother, I am not saying it's okay to murder a person even he is a psychopath. Who would say such things!
However, I am tired of hearing negative things about Islam. They killed millions of Muslims last two decades still portraying Muslims as terrorists, and how would you know if it's not a drama scripted by french intelligence agency?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Brother, I am not saying it's okay to murder a person even he is a psychopath. Who would say such things!
However, I am tired of hearing negative things about Islam. They killed millions of Muslims last two decades still portraying Muslims as terrorists, and how would you know if it's not a drama scripted by french intelligence agency?
Well, overreacting is more of a self harm to Muslim cause though, its the driving force of Islamophobia in Europe, just gotta accept that.

Ronin

Reactions
Things are expected to escalate between France and Turkey after the new Charlie Hebdo cover with Erdogan on the front page... I won't post it here.

The Turkish deputy minister of tourism and culture insults Charlie Hebdo in French....

I saw the title. It looks like things will get very ugly. I just can't imagine that Erdoğan will not answer to this provocation.

A

adenl

While I find CH a distasteful 'paper', the Turkish government really needs to grow a thicker skin. Criticize whatever you want but don't call for a public boycott etc. Erdogan and his government are overreacting.

Top Bottom