Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale Arge, which developed the KTJ-3200 National Turbojet Engine for the needs of the Turkish defense industry, rolled up its sleeves for new turbojet engine projects with its knowledge and experience.

Goksel Yildirim | 15.08.2021

New ones will be added to the national turbojet engine

Ankara

Kale Group Vice President and Head of Technical Department Osman Okyay, in his statement to AA correspondent, evaluated the developments in the aviation industry and the work they carry out.

Stating that the aviation industry, which had been hit the hardest in the new type of coronavirus (Kovid-19) epidemic, showed a serious success by recovering rapidly beyond expectations, Okyay said, "The industry is showing a great development in our country as well. Turkey's systems developed one after another by focusing on domestic and national technologies. production capacity has reached a point that attracts great attention, is in demand and preferred in the world." said.

Okyay stated that there was a serious increase in the activities of Kale Arge and gave the following information:

"The internal qualification processes of the KTJ-3200 National Turbojet Engine, which we developed under the leadership of the Presidency of Defense Industry, have been completed, and the acceptance and closing activities have started. The developed engine will be integrated into domestic platforms with the cooperation of ROKETSAN and TÜBİTAK SAGE.

In particular, I would like to point out that the KTJ-3200 engine development and mass production is carried out with the support of our universities, domestic suppliers and the maximum use of the technical capabilities of the Kale Group. With the knowledge and experience gained from the KTJ-3200, we started new turbojet engine projects. We are working on 'advanced turbojet engines' in the size of the current engine but with more advanced features, and new engines in smaller sizes but with the latest technologies, and we continue our technology development and design studies. Thus, the propulsion system needs for current and future domestic and national air platforms will be met by Kale Arge from now on.

Pointing out that Kale Arge is in a very rapid growth in terms of infrastructure, organizational structure and number of personnel, Okyay stated that they aim to increase their R&D activities and the number of engineers within this scope by 35 percent this year.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What Roketsan referred with this post must be either related with directly Atmaca anti-ship missile or surface to surface (Atmaca variant) cruise missile.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
We havnt heard much from aselsan till now 😒 despite i predicted that they will introduce a big surprises 🙂

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,339
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
No radar ? Its performance will be low. It must use data from ships radar. Worse reaction time

I never did understand why CIWS have a radar, ther max firing range is 4 km at peak range. Why give them a radar when the radar on the mast do the job?

I never have read that a radar of CIWS system detected a incoming missile.

I am thingking loud only.

Azeri441

Committed member
Reactions
2 1,115
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I never did understand why CIWS have a radar, ther max firing range is 4 km at peak range. Why give them a radar when the radar on the mast do the job?

I never have read that a radar of CIWS system detected a incoming missile.

I am thingking loud only.

its not for detection, its more for target tracking, giving more accurate information than just camera.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom