Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

PARS IV :love:

From 2020:

Making explanations about the 4th generation PARS TTZA concept, which started to work in 2018, Kurt underlined that the concept difference between them and the PARS-III stems from user requests. “Now, the need for mission equipment is increasing much more both in Turkey and abroad. There is a weight pressure. In addition, the protection levels have increased significantly, whether it be mine, IED or ballistics. As a result, the tonnage increases towards 35 tons, consequently the engine and transmission will grow. Therefore, a heavier but more expensive vehicle with more capacity is emerging. Of course, this happens in line with customer demands. When we look at it in general terms, protection is more in the foreground. In addition, situational awareness will be at the forefront. In addition, there will be a weight advantage in terms of integrating the subsystem and payload. I hope you will see the vehicle in the next IDEF. "

> Costumers Request... I Assume that means Turkish Land Forces.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Borusan announced just one product at IDEF 21 and it the Caterpillar C13 Engine producing max. 711 HP and 2700 NM

Could be interesting after new ties with the Brits.

1625598519133.png

1625598591909.png

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
PARS IV :love:

From 2020:

Making explanations about the 4th generation PARS TTZA concept, which started to work in 2018, Kurt underlined that the concept difference between them and the PARS-III stems from user requests. “Now, the need for mission equipment is increasing much more both in Turkey and abroad. There is a weight pressure. In addition, the protection levels have increased significantly, whether it be mine, IED or ballistics. As a result, the tonnage increases towards 35 tons, consequently the engine and transmission will grow. Therefore, a heavier but more expensive vehicle with more capacity is emerging. Of course, this happens in line with customer demands. When we look at it in general terms, protection is more in the foreground. In addition, situational awareness will be at the forefront. In addition, there will be a weight advantage in terms of integrating the subsystem and payload. I hope you will see the vehicle in the next IDEF. "

> Costumers Request... I Assume that means Turkish Land Forces.

PARS IV probably would include hatch window rather than the 180 windows.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very promising! Now it is only a matter of time to understand if there will be a mega contract between FNSS and TSK for a pack of wheeled/tracked IFVs in addition to a heavy class unmanned vehicle.

I am Convinced what you are Describing is inevitable. Because there aren't alternatives for TSK Command or so it seems.
Since Kaplan 20 and PARS IV 8x8, both to revealed at IDEF, were Designed with input from TSK Command.

1 -> TSK loves Amphibious Vehicles which FNSS seems to provide in all their Vehicles.
2 -> I mean Commonality is important as well.
They have similar FNSS Vehicles in their Inventory already PARS IZCI and PARS IV 6x6 which implies they are likely going to Continue with PARS IV 8x8 as well.
- PARS IV 6x6 Contract signed in 2018 (Foreign Engine)
- PARS IZCI Contract signed in 2019 Serial Production Started 03/2021 (TÜMOSAN Engine for 450 HP for 6x6 and 550HP for 8x8)
- PARS IV 8x8 Contract "IDEF2021" likely with TÜMOSAN 550HP Engine from PARS IZCI 8x8 which would also Increase Commonality.

3 -> Additionally to that, if Orders and Expertise are any Indication:

FNSS
- Leopard 2A4 Modernization up to 350 PCs (After BMC failed)
- ACV 15 Modernization up to 1000 PCs. (with ASELSAN)
- STA Project with Kaplan 10 and Pars 4x4 up to 344 PCs.
- ÖMTTZA project with PARS IZCI with up to 428 PCs.
- PARS IV 6x6 for Special Forces at least 15 PCs.
- ZAHA for TCG ANADOLU with at least 27 PCs.
- Partnership with TÜMOSAN for Engines.
- Indigenous Turrets.

OTOKAR
- Well. Nothing here for obvious reasons. Doesn't Respond to SSB call for LEO 2 Mod.
- No Engine
- Foreign market focus.

BMC
- Trying to Produce ALTAY for the next Years.
- BMC Power Engines owned by the Government (Except 600HP one) could be installed on the FNSS products as well.
- MRAPs (4x4) are likely enough in the Inventory now.
- Inexperienced with 8x8s and Tracked Vehicles

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,442
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am Convinced what you are Describing is inevitable. Because there aren't alternatives for TSK Command or so it seems.
Since Kaplan 20 and PARS IV 8x8, both to revealed at IDEF, were Designed with input from TSK Command.

1 -> TSK loves Amphibious Vehicles which FNSS seems to provide in all their Vehicles.
2 -> I mean Commonality is important as well.
They have similar FNSS Vehicles in their Inventory already PARS IZCI and PARS IV 6x6 which implies they are likely going to Continue with PARS IV 8x8 as well.
- PARS IV 6x6 Contract signed in 2018 (Foreign Engine)
- PARS IZCI Contract signed in 2019 Serial Production Started 03/2021 (TÜMOSAN Engine for 450 HP for 6x6 and 550HP for 8x8)
- PARS IV 8x8 Contract "IDEF2021" likely with TÜMOSAN 550HP Engine from PARS IZCI 8x8 which would also Increase Commonality.

3 -> Additionally to that, if Orders and Expertise are any Indication:

FNSS
- Leopard 2A4 Modernization up to 350 PCs (After BMC failed)
- ACV 15 Modernization up to 1000 PCs. (with ASELSAN)
- STA Project with Kaplan 10 and Pars 4x4 up to 344 PCs.
- ÖMTTZA project with PARS IZCI with up to 428 PCs.
- PARS IV 6x6 for Special Forces at least 15 PCs.
- ZAHA for TCG ANADOLU with at least 27 PCs.
- Partnership with TÜMOSAN for Engines.
- Indigenous Turrets.

OTOKAR
- Well. Nothing here for obvious reasons. Doesn't Respond to SSB call for LEO 2 Mod.
- No Engine
- Foreign market focus.

BMC
- Trying to Produce ALTAY for the next Years.
- BMC Power Engines owned by the Government (Except 600HP one) could be installed on the FNSS products as well.
- MRAPs (4x4) are likely enough in the Inventory now.
- Inexperienced with 8x8s and Tracked Vehicles
I hope the assessment is right. This will be a very big and needed boost to the firepower of the Turkish mechanized infantry. I am excited to see the implementation of the heavy class UGV Shadow Rider into a conventional unit. I am excited to see what roles it will take and how it will change the tactics for our mechanized infantry and armor units.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
The missile wish list for IDEF21

Gezgin blk-1
Bora-II
Kuzgun family
G40 (G60?)
Siper Blk-1
Medium Range Anti Ship missile
Atmaca Blk-2
Turkish SeaRAM "Sapan" and C-Ram missile "GoldenCage"
Hisar-Rf/O+/A+ and Sungur+
Exo-atmospheric SAM missile design
Bozdoğan-Gökdoğan-Akdoğan A2A missiles
Orka/Akya/Tork torpedos

Some additions

ASELSAN

AIR Radar reveal
New Siper Radar reveal
Portable AESA radar family
New APS system to similar to Trophy aside from Pulat and Akkor , which is said to be in development. Also Akkor-Lite for wheeled armor.
New turret systems for land systems reveal.
Multi-mission 35mm weapon system, naval and land variant
C-RAM system concept reveal. Probably based on MKE CIWS.
CENK-S Reveal
New Cafrad concept models for different class warships.

SAGE

Tozkoparan
G40 etc. reveal. G40 turns out to be an official project.
EDAS VLS Reveal
New concept reveals

BILGEM

Updates on laser systems

METEKSAN

Nazar DIRCM

ROKETSAN

Hisar Naval Family
MDAS VLS Reveal
New variants of UMTAS, OMTAS, Cirit.
Updates on TANOK, hopefully capability to launch from different land, air and naval platforms similar to LAHAT

VESTEL

Kargi Loitering Munition Family

STM

New Kargu, Alpagu variants reveal
Updates on naval platform projects

MKE

76mm Naval Gun
127mm Naval Gun Model Reveal
40L70 Twin Barrel Reveal
CIWS System
MKE Yavuz Updated

TAI

T629 Reveal
New Atak 2 model reveal
New (un)manned helicopter platform reveals. T629 and cargo helicopter.
Supersonic target drone reveal
Supersonic stealth UAV mock up, model reveal

TEI

New engine variant, project reveals

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom