Defence Fair IDEF 2021 News & Discussion Updates

M

Manomed

I like Korhan turret

It is probably a prototype ready for serial production running on the vehicle for mobility tests. We can certainly say that Azra is ready for serial production. That is big. That also proves that the BMC Power team is successful.
Korhan turret is great.
Altuğ has a very narrow field of view. Has little armor on the top of the front side. I count 3 weak spots. Overall I don't like the design of the front side. I don't like the place of air intake. The design of the backside looks ok. Overall looks like it is on the higher side despite using smaller wheels and hydropneumatic suspension.
Free atgm targets for pkk It is so big of a IFV we need pars not this garbage

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
As much as I prefer competition. Giant can not grow with to much competitors. We need real Giants first .

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,745
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think at least 500 KTJ-3200 engines will be ordered tomorrow. Atmaca-Land(Surface to surface cruise missile procurement project for land forces?), Atmaca( for İstif class, some for OPVs for wartime configuration, and land-based anti-ship batteries for navy), and remaining SOM deliveries(C1/C2, and remaining B1/B2s from the existing contract signed a few years ago) hint a number around that.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,745
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
SIPER long-range air-defense fire control center 😎
E9BBX-eWUAMTRR_

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Look its really make me feel bad reading most of the comments about vehicles from otokar bmc and fnss .
It feels like world war three is going .
Guys we all should just take a deep breath and be thankful about the turkish defence industry coming to this point .
This is not a playstation xbox war .
All of three armored vehicles are already giants and army all around the world is using these vehicles and like some of the members said , there are even European countries dream to have such machines .
All of the vehicles are really impressive .
Otokar arma is not ugly , its really impressive and thats why a lot of armies are acquiring it like uae and bahrain .
Pars is used by oman land forces and bmc is still new vehicle but its incredible and we can see the great manuverability of it and the hyge amount of force the engine got and also the suspension which came from another turkish country .
What make fnss pars iv great is that it is lower than the arma and bmc vehicle .
I think it will have its own mission .
Otokar arma can put tumosan powerpack but that is not what they should do .
I see tulpar with bmc power utku powerpack , roketsan addarmor kit with a new aselsan korhan but with the atgm capability .
Tulpar in this case is not only a must , it is better for the turkish army more than the puma to the germans .
It will compete other infantry fighting vehicle around the world .
I think bmc didnt create 6x6 because fnss already started to deliver their vehicle but once again thats because fnss 6x6 pars are the best in its class and we already saw that in the videos published by the company .
Again i think pars iv have its own missions .
Now arma and bmc 8x8 . They have the same mission , but with the current situation it should go to bmc not because otokar arma is bad , arma is combat proven and its use is wide spread around the world .
Otokar can do the changes arma need like powerpacks from tumosan which is not a hard task and it will not cost a lot and they should compete one the other and the best will be acquired by the land forces since they are the one they test it and they know the best .
I really enjoyed seeing turkish defence products . Bmc did a good job and otokar did a good job as well in idef 2021 . I will not say i am disappointed but i expected a little bit more ☺️ .
But tp be honest the star of the show is fnss they deliver new solutions out of the box and new products .
Idef 2023 will be game changing to turkey and it will shock the world .
So my opinion , it my opinion which maybe is not important . Some gonna like it some is not going to like it but in the end we all argue but we all wish the best for turkey and to their defence industry .
6x6 should go to fnss .
8x8 pars iv for special operation i think .
Otokar arma with the changings i mentioned above vs bmc and let the best take the bid (this type of vehicle is for all in attacks accompany with altay tank and heavy and medium infantry fighting vehicle ) .
Medium infantry fighting vehicle for fnss but i think they should do more job on it and that is not thay hard .
Heavy infantry fighting vehicle with the changes i have mentioned above is the choice for turkish army and to other armies that want to get the best .
And the most important thing is the altay tank the heart of turkish land forces .
And to finish my comment , armored vehicles is like assualt rifles every situation is diffrent and with that you should use different rifle , you cant combine the whole features in one rifle which is impossible so bevause of that they use the right rifle to the right situations .
And if you look to super powers they have more than one type of armored vehicles and also they use more than one type of infantry fighting vehicles .
I hope you are all having a nice idef .
Enjoy

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Look its really make me feel bad reading most of the comments about vehicles from otokar bmc and fnss .
It feels like world war three is going .
Guys we all should just take a deep breath and be thankful about the turkish defence industry coming to this point .
This is not a playstation xbox war .
All of three armored vehicles are already giants and army all around the world is using these vehicles and like some of the members said , there are even European countries dream to have such machines .
All of the vehicles are really impressive .
Otokar arma is not ugly , its really impressive and thats why a lot of armies are acquiring it like uae and bahrain .
Pars is used by oman land forces and bmc is still new vehicle but its incredible and we can see the great manuverability of it and the hyge amount of force the engine got and also the suspension which came from another turkish country .
What make fnss pars iv great is that it is lower than the arma and bmc vehicle .
I think it will have its own mission .
Otokar arma can put tumosan powerpack but that is not what they should do .
I see tulpar with bmc power utku powerpack , roketsan addarmor kit with a new aselsan korhan but with the atgm capability .
Tulpar in this case is not only a must , it is better for the turkish army more than the puma to the germans .
It will compete other infantry fighting vehicle around the world .
I think bmc didnt create 6x6 because fnss already started to deliver their vehicle but once again thats because fnss 6x6 pars are the best in its class and we already saw that in the videos published by the company .
Again i think pars iv have its own missions .
Now arma and bmc 8x8 . They have the same mission , but with the current situation it should go to bmc not because otokar arma is bad , arma is combat proven and its use is wide spread around the world .
Otokar can do the changes arma need like powerpacks from tumosan which is not a hard task and it will not cost a lot and they should compete one the other and the best will be acquired by the land forces since they are the one they test it and they know the best .
I really enjoyed seeing turkish defence products . Bmc did a good job and otokar did a good job as well in idef 2021 . I will not say i am disappointed but i expected a little bit more ☺️ .
But tp be honest the star of the show is fnss they deliver new solutions out of the box and new products .
Idef 2023 will be game changing to turkey and it will shock the world .
So my opinion , it my opinion which maybe is not important . Some gonna like it some is not going to like it but in the end we all argue but we all wish the best for turkey and to their defence industry .
6x6 should go to fnss .
8x8 pars iv for special operation i think .
Otokar arma with the changings i mentioned above vs bmc and let the best take the bid (this type of vehicle is for all in attacks accompany with altay tank and heavy and medium infantry fighting vehicle ) .
Medium infantry fighting vehicle for fnss but i think they should do more job on it and that is not thay hard .
Heavy infantry fighting vehicle with the changes i have mentioned above is the choice for turkish army and to other armies that want to get the best .
And the most important thing is the altay tank the heart of turkish land forces .
And to finish my comment , armored vehicles is like assualt rifles every situation is diffrent and with that you should use different rifle , you cant combine the whole features in one rifle which is impossible so bevause of that they use the right rifle to the right situations .
And if you look to super powers they have more than one type of armored vehicles and also they use more than one type of infantry fighting vehicles .
I hope you are all having a nice idef .
Enjoy
Yea u r right ... They are all awesome .. armies around us still operate soviet era vehicles and they dream of having such vehicles not even produce them ..be thankful that we saw these days ..inshallah we will see similar breakthrough with mmu ,siper , tf200,milden and more .. its a competition not a war and we r not enemies

Top Bottom