twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 625
I wanna kill myself. We are now very advanced position in defence industry. We have billion numbered land vehicle prototype but still no any concept who use 20-30 mm cannon with coaxial 2x atgm launcher.

On the other hand there is any news about start of production of leotay's ?

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Phalanx_image.jpg
E8iM3cHX0AIBdLA.jpg

Phalanx CIWS

MKE CIWS
20mm20mm
6,169 kg(13,600 pounds)3,500 kg(1500 pounds)
3,000 or 4,500 shots per minute3,000 or 4,000 shots per minute
440V, 60 Hz, 18kw in search, 70kw in track(Electric power)400-440 VAC 50-60 Hz(Electric power)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tanks are prey unless you have achieved air supremacy. Tanks are hunters if you have achieved air supremacy.

Mbts, light and medium already fill roles.

Heavy tanks died out because they were heavy, expensive, unreliable, not fast enough.

Not to mention with atgms, rpgs, heat seekers has all but killed off heavy tanks. I forgot airpower too.

Heavy tanks were born mainly to project power and prestige in ww2 and the cold war.

Still it would be crazy with todays tech to see heavy tanks return.
In ww1 and ww2 the mentality was simple big meant better until people realised you can achieve more under a minimum packaged size weapon rather than building something big.

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tanks are prey unless you have achieved air supremacy. Tanks are hunters if you have achieved air supremacy.
Our drones are by far the best hunters when we have air superiority as they can target very large range of targets from small infantry formations to AA to fortifications, anywhere.

I really dont see a very good use case for heavy MBT in the 60ton range.
Medium tanks and heavy IFV is OK for infantry support duties and check points.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think they dont need. But only reasonable explanition i have that. They try to show it deliberately because of one reason which i dont know. At this kind of military vehicIe expect to see at least a protection cover on it.
Loudspeakers are placed to give warnings to the crew. It is tied to the laser warning system. When a laser beam paints the armored vehicle it immediately warns the crew. The driver either executes an evasive maneuver (oftentimes hides behind a hill, dirt cover, or building) or the crew jumps out of the vehicle. Speaker has to give a loud warning in battle conditions because the crew might be out of the vehicle it needs to be heard from a distance.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Loudspeakers are placed to give warnings to the crew. It is tied to the laser warning system. When a laser beam paints the armored vehicle it immediately warns the crew. The driver either executes an evasive maneuver (oftentimes hides behind a hill, dirt cover, or building) or the crew jumps out of the vehicle. Speaker has to give a loud warning in battle conditions because the crew might be out of the vehicle it needs to be heard from a distance.
Thank you for your explanition as i say before they put it for a good reason.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom