Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
That TB2 twin is supposed to fly this year sometime. Lets wait and see.
Supposedly it already did according to this news article. Also, Serbia is likely buying kamikaze munitions from EDGE.

Theres a typo in the article it means February 7-11 not November.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

That 1.1 million figure is really interesting

“At the Dubai Air Show, we showed the Reach-S as a dummy model. It is now a flying plane, and we are in the process of closing a very large order,” he said, before revealing how much a single aircraft will cost without a ground control station.

“Very rarely would we announce a price publicly, but we are doing it to make a statement – we are putting a product out there that competes head-to-head with all the players in the same category,” he said. “Where others are selling at between USD3.5–5 million, we are announcing a price of USD1.1 million.”

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Among those designs is the Jeniah, an autonomous aerial vehicle. The drone, as designed, would have a 1,000 kilometer per hour speed and is designed to be a low observable platform. Not much else was revealed about the aircraft, and AlMulla told Breaking Defense that Jeniah is still a project in early development.

“This is a new version of [a] UCAV for surveillance and attack missions. It is a jet engine drone and can carry a payload of up to 500 kilograms,” AlMulla said. Most importantly, he stressed, “It’s only designed and developed and built by EDGE, a UAE [intellectual property], with no international partner.”

AlMulla expects the drone to be ready in four years but said that EDGE is looking at ways to accelerate the development and production phase, including investing in foreign firms to bring new technology for the design.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

"We had a total of $5 billion worth of booked orders last year," EDGE Chairman Faisal Al Bannai told Reuters, adding that roughly $1.4 billion were export orders to roughly nine or 10 countries.

EDGE has clients in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe, he said.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Afif
@Oublious
lol, thank you brothers
The development of middle eastern defense industry is a good thing for everyone, the next decade will be uneasy.

“Under the contract, HALCON will send employees to TÜBİTAK SAGE for training in formulating composite propellants and liners on a laboratory scale. Two HALCON employees will be sent to TÜBİTAK SAGE for a month-long course over the next 18 months”

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced Tuesday that Serbia will sign a contract with the United Arab Emirates within two days on the purchase of suicide drones.

Vucic's remarks came in Abu Dhabi, where he was attending the International Defense Exhibition and Conference (IDEX).

"Within 48 hours, we will sign the first contract with the UAE on the purchase of their suicide drones, and they will arrive in the territory of the Republic of Serbia very soon," he said.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
1677138764038.png

1677138794920.jpeg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I would like to see mote details about REACH S.
Do we have any rough estimate of which components are manufactured locally?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Will REACH S find an actual market place though?
I mean this size of male class UAV market is dominated by well established and cost effective Turkish solution.

Anyway, this kind of program is always very effective for talent acquisition and technology development.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Will REACH S find an actual market place though?
I mean this size of male class UAV market is dominated by well established and cost effective Turkish solution.

Anyway, this kind of program is always very effective for talent acquisition and technology development.
“At the Dubai Air Show, we showed the Reach-S as a dummy model. It is now a flying plane, and we are in the process of closing a very large order,” he said, before revealing how much a single aircraft will cost without a ground control station.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced Tuesday that Serbia will sign a contract with the United Arab Emirates within two days on the purchase of suicide drones.

Vucic's remarks came in Abu Dhabi, where he was attending the International Defense Exhibition and Conference (IDEX).

"Within 48 hours, we will sign the first contract with the UAE on the purchase of their suicide drones, and they will arrive in the territory of the Republic of Serbia very soon," he said.
Oh " brothers " thank you very very much . In probable case of the new balkan war I will send a feedback to your chief engineers Panjeet and Cohen.
Also thanks for the new carpets for my Mahala Mosque , I will be in Sarajevo InshAllah in March, maybe they are made in China.
Love you all bye

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Oh " brothers " thank you very very much . In probable case of the new balkan war I will send a feedback to your chief engineers Panjeet and Cohen.
Also thanks for the new carpets for my Mahala Mosque , I will be in Sarajevo InshAllah in March, maybe they are made in China.
Love you all bye
What????

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,373
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Is he mad because UAE is sending Serbia drones? They supposedly bought a “substantial amount” 😭😭😂😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh, putting his language aside I don't think it is a very good idea to supply sebria with lethal weapons.

At least, UAE need to impose some serious restrictions on their uses. Bacause we all know what Serbs did and what they can do again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom