India Indian Wildlife Thread

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I been subbed to this guy for a while, a snake rescuer. We really have these many russel's vipers here ?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,949
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last edited:

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
a few months ago while on a trek to eaglenest wildlife sanctuary I got lucky enough to spot a red panda climbing a tree some 80 meters away from me on the banks of the tragopanda lake, I wasn't able to click a picture unfortunately since my father had left the DSLR in the safari, I have been to 16 states and lived in 3 of the 5 himalyan states at some point in my life, no place ever came close to arunachal pradesh. I miss the place so much. although I don't live there anymore, I do go backpacking through the state with my dad during the summer months. I Highly recommend a 2 day trek through eaglenest for anyone planning to visit west kameng. Apart from the general wildlife, it's a great place for military enthusiasts as well, the indian army fought one of it's last stands in the kameng region within this sanctuary at a place called chako, which used to be a major military checkpost back in the day and has remained abandoned ever since. you can spot some rusty old jeeps as well as trucks along the way, our guide was telling us that those were chinese trucks which had been left behind during the PLA's retreat after Mao delcared ceasefire.

Last edited:

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
The rare Indian beach mutt.
17024574751543111050985819696385.jpg

-=virus=-

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
not sure if posted earlier here, apologies if it was..

Every four years, the Indian government conducts a survey to check the health of India’s tiger population. Watch an inspiring story about wildlife preservation on Counting Tigers on National Geographic.

Hindi narration as well as dubbing but it is subtitled in english.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom