Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where did the M811 come from, from our Burak class ships?

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Projects in the single and multi-barrel heavy guns class are increasing.

Companies engaged in single barrel 25 mm gun development

MKE
TR MEKATRONİK (Sarsılmaz + TAI)
Alstag Defense

Last edited:

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's incorrect buddy.
No , It is correct. Rheinmetal gave MKEK rights to produce but in the mean time our engineers tweeked the gun a bit and licenced it under MKEK so technically MKEK can built and sell that 120 gun without any permission. I remember very vividly. I think @Cabatli_53 published İbrahim Sünnetçi's article on some magazine. I am looking now if i find it i will share it here.

" The Altay main battle tank is planned to have a 120 mm/L55 smoothbore gun. It is a version of the Rheinmetall gun. Similar guns are used on the German Leopard 2A6 and 2A7 tanks, as well as on the South Korean Black Panther tank. Around 40 rounds of ammunition are carried for the main gun. Ready to use ammunition is stored in the turret bustle, fitted with blow-out panels, while remaining rounds are stored inside the hull. "

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have my doubts too, but I'd love to see your source.
I remember it like its today. I dont wanna go through with the PDF now. Only god knows how many pages am ı gonna sort through ! Maybe cabatli knows this too.

@Combat-Master

Adsız7.png

Check this out ;

Last edited:
T

triangle

I remember it like its today. I dont wanna go through with the PDF now. Only god knows how many pages am ı gonna sort through ! Maybe cabatli knows this too.

I know this feeling, try to use the search function. It helped me out a lot in the past ;)

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this indigenous or Bushmasters copy?
Similar to M811 Giat (Nexter). So derived from it. MKE Turkey's incompetent company. No design ability, poor production ability, no innovation or R&D. MKE must be privatized and put into a structuring like ASELSAN.

Last edited:

Milspec

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Don't have any turkish firearms yet, but wanted to drop off a quick comment on turkish made ammo I have been using. I had picked up bulk Turkish Milsurp 147G fmj 7.62x51N rounds back in 2015, about 500 rounds. I have to admit these are the best FMJ's I have ever acquired. Excellent quality, very slight variation. I have shot these out of my bolt gun as well as AR10, worked well in both of them. I have also found the ZQ1 branded 7.62x51N (Which I think is made in Turkey)quite high in quality for the price it sells for... never found any ZQ1 5.56nato yet.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Indonesian Coasts will be Protected with ASELSAN SMASH​

10 Oktober 2020

Aselsan SMASH (MUHAFIZ in Turkey) 30mm RCWS (photo : Aselsan)

ASELSAN announced that it signed a new export agreement with Indonesia regarding the export of Remote Controlled Stabilized Gun System.

In the statement made by ASELSAN regarding the issue, “Indonesian coasts will be protected by ASELSAN Remote Controlled Stabilized Gun Systems. ASELSAN signed a new sales contract for Indonesia's use of offshore platforms. " statements were included. In the statement made by ASELSAN, the photograph of the 30mm SMASH Remote Controlled Stabilized Gun System was included.

SMASH 30mm Remote Controlled Stabilized Gun System

SMASH System developed by ASELSAN; It is a stabilized weapon system that can be attached to a Thermal Camera, TV Camera and Laser Range Finder, can be remotely controlled via a weapon control unit, has automatic target tracking feature and a modular structure.

The SMASH system enables the detection of targets invisible to the naked eye at night and in negative vision conditions, automatic recognition of targets, tracking and shooting at these targets.

The turret has been stabilized so that the optical sight and gun sight line remain on the target without being affected by the movements of the platform on which the system is mounted. In addition, SMASH System has a Precision Stabilized Router (HSY) mounted on its turret, capable of moving independently of the turret in the lateral and elevation axes. Thanks to HSY, it is possible to perform effective hits by keeping electro-optic units on the target even during ballistic correction applied to the weapon during shooting at long distances.

The 30mm Mk44 Bushmaster-II cannon, which has the ability to feed ammunition in two directions, is used as a weapon in the SMASH System, and different ammunition can be loaded for different mission needs.

SMASH System calculates the speed and route of the target with its automatic target tracking feature, and applies automatic ballistic correction during firing by including meteorological conditions, ammunition type and target distance information.

(SavunmaSanayiST)

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,953
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm looking to buy a Turkish Mauser "Mavzer" but it's hard to find one in good condition here.

T

Turko

Sarsılmaz SAR 308 - Torture Test​

Specifications:

View attachment 4220
sar308-1-izo.jpg
sar308-2-sag.jpg

If you draw into the mud with the safety off , then we would have seen the reality.
They should have tested the gun safety off.
. That safety latch serves as a cover that protects the chamber and the trigger mechanism. They're always in the fraudulent part of the job.
So let's bring the new rule of combat, the soldier shall fall into mud with safety open.

AR-15 platform most reliable against mud.

I've just found my old video that shooting with AK-47. Having cut some parts , i might share it .to be honest AK-47 is trashcan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom