Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Remind me of this one

Apa-Itu-PT-Len-Industri-2.jpeg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Meanwhile, according to our favourite neighbour

It's still surprised me that they still have that sense of racial / ethnic superiority undertone with them. And Marhalim blog usually the one that actually quite reasonable compare to the other 🇲🇾 military / defence blog out there.

I still believe we need someone in the same level of authority & audacity as that of MahaPatih Gajah Mada to remind those Beruk Malon who & what they are.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

It's still surprised me that they still have that sense of racial / ethnic superiority undertone with them. And Marhalim blog usually the one that actually quite reasonable compare to the other 🇲🇾 military / defence blog out there.

One of the most honest reaction in Lowyat

Screenshot_20210613_214315.jpg

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I still believe we need someone in the same level of authority & audacity as that of MahaPatih Gajah Mada to remind those Beruk Malon who & what they are.
Which part of the article are you referring to? the comment section?

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

According to local sources, Indonesia's initial contract for the purchase of 36 new Rafales was signed on June 7 during a visit by Florence Parly, which was prepared in the greatest secrecy. This contract would take effect next December because several details are still to be settled. Article 43 of the law on the defense industry, adopted in 2012 ("Undang Nomor 16 Tahun 2012 tentang INDUSTRI PERTAHANAN") imposes IDKLO rules (countertrade, local content and offset), namely in particular the calculation of a compensation, and the integration of local components into any foreign product acquired to meet the needs of the security and defense forces. Secret negotiations During his visit to Paris last October, Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto made clear to his French counterparts his government's interest in the Rafale. Last February, a Dassault delegation traveled to Indonesia to review the terms of the deal with the defense ministry. The press then mentioned the purchase of 48 Rafale. According to some reports, the Indonesian leaders have decided to buy "only" 36 Rafale, to supplement them with second-hand F-15s by 2024 as compensation so as not to upset the Pentagon. The financial package would be similar to that proposed to Egypt, namely a loan guaranteed for 80% of the total amount of the contract. Last week, all the industrialists of the "Rafale Team" were still holding their breath. Indeed, while the technical and financial offer had been handed over to the Indonesian government, the United States Embassy had just launched an unprecedented lobbying offensive to block the decision of Jakarta. And this in order to allow Lockheed to make an economically more attractive offer in favor of its F-16 block 72. However, as long as the first deposit is not paid, Washington, already in difficulty on the contract for the acquisition of future Swiss combat aircraft, will not miss any opportunity to regain the initiative.

Modernization of the Indonesian army
A presidential directive published in 2008 decreed a reform of the Indonesian armed forces over the next 15 years. This modernization involves a renewal of equipment, not only for the navy but also for the air force, and involves orders for military equipment abroad. Like the H225M helicopters from Airbus and the Bell 412 EPI, but also modern fighter jets. Among the aircraft competing against the Rafale were therefore the F-16 block 72, the Russian SU-35, and the South Korean KF-X. The Indonesian authorities wanted to acquire the F-35, but would have encountered the refusal of the American authorities.

Translated using google translate.

Second Hand F-15???​

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

According to local sources, Indonesia's initial contract for the purchase of 36 new Rafales was signed on June 7 during a visit by Florence Parly, which was prepared in the greatest secrecy. This contract would take effect next December because several details are still to be settled. Article 43 of the law on the defense industry, adopted in 2012 ("Undang Nomor 16 Tahun 2012 tentang INDUSTRI PERTAHANAN") imposes IDKLO rules (countertrade, local content and offset), namely in particular the calculation of a compensation, and the integration of local components into any foreign product acquired to meet the needs of the security and defense forces. Secret negotiations During his visit to Paris last October, Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto made clear to his French counterparts his government's interest in the Rafale. Last February, a Dassault delegation traveled to Indonesia to review the terms of the deal with the defense ministry. The press then mentioned the purchase of 48 Rafale. According to some reports, the Indonesian leaders have decided to buy "only" 36 Rafale, to supplement them with second-hand F-15s by 2024 as compensation so as not to upset the Pentagon. The financial package would be similar to that proposed to Egypt, namely a loan guaranteed for 80% of the total amount of the contract. Last week, all the industrialists of the "Rafale Team" were still holding their breath. Indeed, while the technical and financial offer had been handed over to the Indonesian government, the United States Embassy had just launched an unprecedented lobbying offensive to block the decision of Jakarta. And this in order to allow Lockheed to make an economically more attractive offer in favor of its F-16 block 72. However, as long as the first deposit is not paid, Washington, already in difficulty on the contract for the acquisition of future Swiss combat aircraft, will not miss any opportunity to regain the initiative.

A presidential directive published in 2008 decreed a reform of the Indonesian armed forces over the next 15 years. This modernization involves a renewal of equipment, not only for the navy but also for the air force, and involves orders for military equipment abroad. Like the H225M helicopters from Airbus and the Bell 412 EPI, but also modern fighter jets. Among the aircraft competing against the Rafale were therefore the F-16 block 72, the Russian SU-35, and the South Korean KF-X. The Indonesian authorities wanted to acquire the F-35, but would have encountered the refusal of the American authorities.

Second Hand F-15???​
it could be that french journalist misunderstood the F-15 "EX" as a connotation of secondhand

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Sometimes I have this mischievous thought. When PLA lands on Sabah/Sarawak, we just neglect them. If they came to us asking for help we just say "well, it'd take huge amount of money to help you. We can only do it if in return we get Sipadan-Ligitan back, plus the southern and western part of Sarawak. Otherwise, you're on your own."

Wonder if they'd say yes. I mean they'll still get the whole Sabah and the northern + eastern part of Sarawak.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Second Hand F-15???​
This is basically what I post yesterday.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Wkkk ..... While i shared the same sentiment and despise them . Beruk malon still a bridge too far for me .... Not , they doesn't deserved it tho' ...

☕☕

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sometimes I have this mischievous thought. When PLA lands on Sabah/Sarawak, we just neglect them. If they came to us asking for help we just say "well, it'd take huge amount of money to help you. We can only do it if in return we get Sipadan-Ligitan back, plus the southern and western part of Sarawak. Otherwise, you're on your own."

Wonder if they'd say yes. I mean they'll still get the whole Sabah and the northern + eastern part of Sarawak.
They will ask FPDA first.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They will ask FPDA first.

Australia won't care much. In regard to defend against PLA threat, the only country they see as their best option to form an alliance with is Indonesia (geographical and military power reasons).

UK naval assets would probably prefer to stay near the US bases in Japan or around Taiwan.

SG and NZ will follow what those 2 countries do.

In the end FPDA (who only willing to send limited supporting troops) would probably advise the Malons to ask Indonesia for help.

GraveDigger388

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
... Article 43 of the law on the defense industry, adopted in 2012 ("Undang Nomor 16 Tahun 2012 tentang INDUSTRI PERTAHANAN") imposes IDKLO rules (countertrade, local content and offset), ..​
So, I suppose the blockers are anything regarding these?

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
on nickel card, sorry to bring reality check. Indonesia is the one who need investment, not the other way around. Well we can try to play the hard ball but no need to get confused if we ended with stranded deposit of nickel with no way of exploit, sell or others

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Australia won't care much. In regard to defend against PLA threat, the only country they see as their best option to form an alliance with is Indonesia (geographical and military power reasons).

UK naval assets would probably prefer to stay near the US bases in Japan or around Taiwan.

SG and NZ will follow what those 2 countries do.

In the end FPDA (who only willing to send limited supporting troops) would probably advise the Malons to ask Indonesia for help.
The alliance still alliance tho.

In the bad scenario if PLA attack (i dont know if it directly or not) an NATO member. Surely all Party will be show their power in china sea.

That, wouldn't be good for any reason.

Just keep the war away, its too pricy.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
on nickel card, sorry to bring reality check. Indonesia is the one who need investment, not the other way around. Well we can try to play the hard ball but no need to get confused if we ended with stranded deposit of nickel with no way of exploit, sell or others
The demand for nickel will be higher in the future, everyone wants that. Thats why i wrote about Biden's EV policy at my previous comment, notice that EV needs battery, battery needs nickel. Common supply and demand, world needs nickel that we can provide. Just wait for EV to boom.

If talking about now, not weird Chinese are the one that Invest a lot on our nickel, not US. China are more progresive on the policy of electrification of vehicle. They make acquiring official papers for ICE vehicle harder, a lot of Gov spending on EV infrastructure, and incentives for EV owners and acquiring EV.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom