Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the other one is the geopolitical condition, most probably both SG and OZ will use their political pressure to US to not approve AU's procurement of 15EX since this will give some kind of chance for AU to have a slight nominal boost in strength (although not much)
For both 🇸🇬 and 🇦🇺 to do so would be shooting themselves on the foot. Both of them need a Strong, Stable, and Friendly 🇮🇩

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For both 🇸🇬 and 🇦🇺 to do so would be shooting themselves on the foot. Both of them need a Strong, Stable, and Friendly 🇮🇩

they do want us to be strong, stable and friendly in terms of geopolitical sense, but i don't think they want us to have an armed force that can threaten their power and hegemony in the region in the slightest sense especially taking into account their newest plaything (read: F-35) :p

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
they do want us to be strong, stable and friendly in terms of geopolitical sense, but i don't think they want us to have an armed force that can threaten their power and hegemony in the region in the slightest sense especially taking into account their newest plaything (read: F-35) :p
Some Indonesian Eagle will never threaten them.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
*here we go again* 🤨🙄

All the more reason to get Su-35 or jumping straight to Su-57 isn't it,❓ Few full squadrons + a full squadron of strategic bomber such as Tu-95 will guarantee make "tetangga sebelah selatan ketar-ketir" (y). And adding nuclear ballistic missile ☢️ will also a great addition.

I mean, just look it how great looking the Su-35

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
*here we go again* 🤨🙄

All the more reason to get Su-35 or jumping straight to Su-57 isn't it,❓ Few full squadrons + a full squadron of strategic bomber such as Tu-95 will guarantee make "tetangga sebelah selatan ketar-ketir" (y). And adding nuclear ballistic missile ☢️ will also a great addition.

I mean, just look it how great looking the Su-35

Naaah, i'm not into Russian fanboy stuff, just mentioning one of the possible conditions that might arise on Indonesian request of 15EX and also taking into account the KF-21 drama going on

getting rid of Su-27 and Su-30 is a good choice, but then again what would fill that gap since 15EX is still a long way to go and KF-21 is dust.... Eurofighter? Rafale? Gripen? Viper? or maybe J-10C lol

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Naaah, i'm not into Russian fanboy stuff, just mentioning one of the possible conditions that might arise on Indonesian request of 15EX and also taking into account the KF-21 drama going on

getting rid of Su-27 and Su-30 is a good choice, but then again what would fill that gap since 15EX is still a long way to go and KF-21 is dust.... Eurofighter? Rafale? Gripen? Viper? or maybe J-10C lol
I think EX will come first before Boramae.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Boramae even being reassambled again. The previous prototype is being hastily assembled just to impress certain haughty country customer. After that roll out they are quietly being reassambled and fixed again for possible first flight next year or two year thus killing the possibility for their to be mass produced soon (at least need five to six year more even to reach LRIP)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Well according this article

The article doesn't mention anything about the need to hire the lobbyist to get F-15EX to be fair.

It's about availability of stock. The F-15EX is so brand new that even USAAF only receive a handful of them.
Anyway, we might as well adding Desert Falcon and add more Rafale order for interceptor role. Or go further by getting rid of our Sukhoi fleet altogether to cut overall cost.

If it's the availability issue then our best option is F-18E/F Super Hornet Block III. US Navy want to reduce their order as they want to reallocate the budget for the NGAD project. We can share the production line with the Germans later.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The article doesn't mention anything about the need to hire the lobbyist to get F-15EX to be fair
Well it's depend. if the contex is f 15 its just how Qatari get the eagle swiftly beside the funding thing that what MoD trying to achive ass well as the Qatari did.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well it's depend. if the contex is f 15 its just how Qatari get the eagle swiftly beside the funding thing that what MoD trying to achive ass well as the Qatari did.

Boeing themselves said this.

A Boeing spokeswoman could not confirm the planned purchase, but said “we remain confident in the F-15EX’s suitability for Indonesia, given its unmatched range, payload, and performance.”

Unless the US rejected us to get F-15EX and we're lobbying them to give us F-15QA (Qatar version) instead.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Whenever there's argument between members about which fighter that we should purchase there's literally nobody mention Eurofighters.

Maybe if I put the pic together with Ms. Gadot in some sort of desperate attempt you'll start to notice.

typhoongadot.jpg

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,571
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Whenever there's argument between members about which fighter that we should purchase there's literally nobody mention Eurofighters.

Maybe if I put the pic together with Ms. Gadot in some sort of desperate attempt you'll start to notice.

View attachment 25984
I thought you are a Gripen stan, and why han's gf?
She's is thin, we like it thicc
F15EX is thiccer than the older variant.

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 25984
Because fighter jet ecosystem is already too crowded here.

Also, That pic isn't working for me. 😒

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom