Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Any idea of the full spec, particularly where they took the engine & transmission from?
based on daniel zebedeus (FAD works owner who designed this P6 ATAV and also maung) comment, it was probably using both engine and transmission from 2016 hilux .

1628233811367.png

1628233842955.png

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
based on daniel zebedeus (FAD works owner who designed this P6 ATAV and also maung) comment, it was probably using both engine and transmission from 2016 hilux .

View attachment 27342
View attachment 27343

Hilux: Chosen platform by rebels, terrorists to legitimate special forces and regular militaries worldwide, whether as is or as a basis for further development 😁

I wonder what Toyota designers who were responsible to create this beast of a vehicle felt when they first realized that they have created a "monster".

Would love to own one myself someday, though.

Anyway, to get back on topic, does anyone know how many of the P6 that will be purchased by TNI? Also, whether Paskhas / TNI-AU will be its sole user or else?

I need more information to write an article about it, so if anyone know more details and willing to share about it I will be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Scratch that. But the first question still stands though.

Last edited:

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Any idea of the full spec, particularly where they took the engine & transmission from?
I guess that 2.400 diesel engine might be coming from Toyota line up (fortuner/Innova). Korean diesel is 2.2 L, US diesel mostly come from 3.0L up.
And they are smart if they are using Toyota engine as this type is widely use here and known for its reliability, tho I like Korean 2.2L more because they giving more punch.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hilux: Chosen platform by rebels, terrorists to legitimate special forces and regular militaries worldwide, whether as is or as a basis for further development 😁

I wonder what Toyota designers who were responsible to create this beast of a vehicle felt when they first realized that they have created a "monster".

Would love to own one myself someday, though.
They don't, because Toyota wasn't the one who design Hilux. Toyota get Hilux as part of Hino buyout. Which is why Toyota have two SUV line-up (Land Cruiser & Hilux) Land Cruiser is Toyota foremost off-road vehicle (ridiculously good at it too), while Hilux is aimed toward more of a cross-country utility vehicle

View attachment 27342
View attachment 27343
A good choice indeed, you can't go wrong with Hilux

I guess that 2.400 diesel engine might be coming from Toyota line up (fortuner/Innova). Korean diesel is 2.2 L, US diesel mostly come from 3.0L up.
And they are smart if they are using Toyota engine as this type is widely use here and known for its reliability, tho I like Korean 2.2L more because they giving more punch.
I assumed you never owned nor routinely drive any of them, do you❓

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I assumed you never owned nor routinely drive any of them, do you❓
Nope, but I consider my self a petrolhead. I was involve in some automotive sports back then and still relatively informed with the latest development. Tho my experience was never into off road kinda sport but the people inside the community are pretty much the same.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
A good choice indeed, you can't go wrong with Hilux

Hilux, Innova and Fortuner (basically the first Toyota IMV Platform) is called Kebo for no reason, as a former owner of 2KD VNT, i can say it is one hell of a tough platform

And it's a good choice for tactical automaker to use Toyota Diesel engines, it's performance and reliability is top notch

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Screenshot_20210808-173153_Instagram.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 27462

Take it with a grain of salt.
Why? It make sense.

More F-16 for daily patrol and intercept role. Better than the Hawks.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I thought they were build for different role isn't it ? 🤔
But we push them off the limit . Even Malaysia uses them for interceptor role.

Reading the comments section actually makes sense, the remaining Hawks will be moved into Biak, while 12th,16th and 1st Sqn (Pekanbaru and Pontianak) will move into basing proper 4th gen high performance jets.

lastlarst

Reactions
12 F15 EX are is not enough to replace the Sukhoi family, at least it should be the same number or more. Why do they persistent to offer viper while they know that the user wants super eagle?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
12 F15 EX are is not enough to replace the Sukhoi family, at least it should be the same number or more. Why do they persistent to offer viper while they know that the user wants super eagle?
We aren't retiring Flanker. We even buy new Ukrainian missile for them.

Just LM last effort, but seems like US has no problem to give us F15.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Maybe there will be more batch later
36 planned,

============================

anyway

Indonesia's squadron usually consist of 12 (min) and 16 (max) jets/squadron. So that means that if everything goes as planned, we're going to have 3 squadron worth of F-15.

From what many of you have heard , there will be (IIRC) an F-15 squadron in Pekanbaru and an F-15 squadron in Madiun (14th Sqn). That means we're likely going to raise another F-15 squadron somewhere.....

So our Orbat could be like this:

16th SQN-PKU (16x F-16)
1st and 12th SQN (Pekanbaru & Pontianak) merged for a squadron in Biak (Source:FMP)
New (1) SQN-Pekanbaru (12x F-15)
3rd SQN-Madiun (17x F-16)
11th SQN-Makassar (16x Flankers)
14th SQN-Madiun (12x F-15)
New (1) SQN- ?????? (12x F-15)
15th SQN-Madiun (20x T-50i)
21St SQN-Malang (14x EMB-314)

This not yet putting the Rafales into the equation.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We aren't retiring Flanker. We even buy new Ukrainian missile for them.

Just LM last effort, but seems like US has no problem to give us F15.
^^ This.

There's also USAF order for 144 F-15EX to replace their old F-15C/D to consider which could means that once the full-scale production is underway, we can forward another requests for additional batches.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
36 planned,

============================

anyway

Indonesia's squadron usually consist of 12 (min) and 16 (max) jets/squadron. So that means that if everything goes as planned, we're going to have 3 squadron worth of F-15.

From what many of you have heard , there will be (IIRC) an F-15 squadron in Pekanbaru and an F-15 squadron in Madiun (14th Sqn). That means we're likely going to raise another F-15 squadron somewhere.....

So our Orbat could be like this:

16th SQN-PKU (16x F-16)
1st and 12th SQN (Pekanbaru & Pontianak) merged for a squadron in Biak (Source:FMP)
New (1) SQN-Pekanbaru (12x F-15)
3rd SQN-Madiun (17x F-16)
11th SQN-Makassar (16x Flankers)
14th SQN-Madiun (12x F-15)
New (1) SQN- ?????? (12x F-15)
15th SQN-Madiun (20x T-50i)
21St SQN-Malang (14x EMB-314)

This not yet putting the Rafales into the equation.
Amen.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom