Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't quote me on this, but somehow it appears to me that European SAM system like SAMP-T has a bigger chance to be chosen for our new capital air defense.

THAAD? Even if the US is going to offer us that thing, I don't think we're going to take it considering that it's specifically designed to destroy ballistic missile using kinetic energy only. Thus, it's probably less effective to be used against aircraft or cruise missiles.

As such, Patriot system will be much preferable that THAAD.

If you want THAAD? Any operator would be under direct joint supervision of the the US armed Forces. That's something remotely acceptable or near impossible under current condition of Indonesian politic and unnecessary burden for now. Your regular LRSAM like Patriot or SAMP T is enough

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you want THAAD? Any operator would be under direct joint supervision of the the US armed Forces. That's something remotely acceptable or near impossible under current condition of Indonesian politic and unnecessary burden for now. Your regular LRSAM like Patriot or SAMP T is enough
Yeah, that's what I was actually getting at although from technical standpoint.

Having an ABM SAM system is nice and all, but we also need it to be able to shoot down enemy air assets eventhough it may not as capable as THAAD against ballistic missiles.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
All i know is F 15ex were highly praised by our veteran pilots active and retired ... and they the one who understand the on what was the pros and cons in the current global political and threat challenges we will be facing ..
SU 35 was allready a bygone era ...
Wether that endorsement would translate into a financial approvall and sealed deal was another matter entirely .

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
SAMP-T/ Aster could be the ideal candidate since it has commonality with the FREMM weapon system.
lets just make it short, here is a non Russian version of S-350
km-sam-770x385@2x.jpg

KM-SAM aka Korean's S-350

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Fleet modernization along with maritime intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance are key themes across the region and we see opportunities for these capabilities in Indonesia. Our F-15EX is an affordable, ready-now solution that brings unmatched speed, range and payload capacity as Asia Pacific countries, including Indonesia, review modernization, and our Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) and P-8 aircraft solutions encompass long range maritime reconnaissance capability.

Additionally, we have seen the relevance for CH-47 Chinook to aid in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, search and rescue and general mobility needs across remote island and ocean territories in the region. Given requirements for long distance operations and situational awareness, we also see opportunities for KC-46 tanker and AEW&C.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
SU 35 was allready a bygone era ...
Wether that endorsement would translate into a financial approvall and sealed deal was another matter entirely .

Regarding this financial approval, we don't have a clue where do SMI's loyalties actually lie. What would happen if she only answers to mak banteng?

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Regarding this financial approval, we don't have a clue where do SMI's loyalties actually lie. What would happen if she only answers to mak banteng?
SMI would listen to the dinosaur of past era ?? This is the character that doesn't even bat an eye to ARB and SBY .... And literally burried the former political carrer even with all of his money and the latter coercion and connection ..

Try to make some more realistic joke will ya' ....

☕☕

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Take

Take

Take

Nah
AEW&C & MPA might have to re-think if they had a good contender (Like Globaleye for AEW&C / SAAB Swordfish or Kawasaki P-1 for MPA), business jet based MPA or AWACS might have a plus point in runway length needed.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,524
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
AEW&C & MPA might have to re-think if they had a good contender (Like Globaleye for AEW&C / SAAB Swordfish or Kawasaki P-1 for MPA), business jet based MPA or AWACS might have a plus point in runway length needed.
But looking at the platform itself, US solution is more interesting although it may not be that interesting to the wallet.

I prefer big platform for AEW/AWACS, MPA, TANKER but smaller plane like business jet can be used for those special mission sigint elint.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But looking at the platform itself, US solution is more interesting although it may not be that interesting to the wallet.

I prefer big platform for AEW/AWACS, MPA, TANKER but smaller plane like business jet can be used for those special mission sigint elint.
I Second to this ....
Bigger platform = bigger coverage , loading capability , future upgrade choices and longer endurance ..

Make the best decision with the most of our scarce ( if availabke !! ) money

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom