Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As long as we're still unable to develop our own radar and other sensors, we will remain partially tied up.
I have high hopes that with us having the ability to construct the airframe, PT Len or other Indonesian companies can also begin to design and built those things domestically. While it's still feels like a long stretch today, but it's not an unrealistic expectation that in the next ten years or so we'll have our own AESA radar to replace the South Korean ones.

*cough* 20% *cough*
It has to be better ro replace it! Not just "karya anak bangsa"!

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It has to be better ro replace it! Not just "karya anak bangsa"!

🤣🤣 Long time ago i had said this kind of case

Well just enjoy the flight hope the trials can go smoothly, need several years of flight test for foolprofing of technology and technical issue including glitch and several more years to accumulate flight hours to gaining flight certificate from respective Aviation airworthiness agency from both countries or more. That's must be done before getting approval for low initial rate production

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Well just enjoy the flight hope the trials can go smoothly, need several years of flight test for foolprofing of technology and technical issue including glitch and several more years to accumulate flight hours to gaining flight certificate from respective Aviation airworthiness agency from both countries or more. That's must be done before getting approval for low initial rate production
Any news or progress about F16? F15?

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KF-21 Boramae. Credit to Korean Military Blog.

182607029_516294559375127_911377672480677959_n.jpg

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With all of the hussle, this one is indeed a good looking bird.
Beautiful bird.
While there are many who like to think that it's "just a baby F-22", it is at least a baby F-22 done right in my eyes.

Right now, I just wish that they will invite me to cover its first flight soon. Oh well... 😅

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
pesawat-tempur-kfx-7.jpg

From this angle, Boramae looks like a bird with a big chin
Screenshot_20210713-070045_YouTube.jpg

...and a radome that kind of small for a fighter that size.
2021041213241958042.jpg

Kind of thick compared to her stepsister

But I hope Boramae got F35's advance FCS too.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Isn't today's digital engineering make it possible to design fighter faster?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
While there are many who like to think that it's "just a baby F-22", it is at least a baby F-22 done right in my eyes.

Right now, I just wish that they will invite me to cover its first flight soon. Oh well... 😅

Hope they can bring the sample in Indo Defense Expo this year, or at least the live sized mock up

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Different paint compared during rollout ceremony?
I think its still the same colour paint. Coz of partly shadowed and lack of lighting compared to the rollout ceremony its seems to look more darker.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
pretty interesting, i wonder if Block 2 onwards will have enclosed gun ports for the 20mm autocannon like F-35,F-22,SU-57 (i just realized chinese stealth J series like J-20 and J-31 does not have integrated autocannon)
Yeah, I just realized that too. Are they already confident enough in their short AAM?

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, I just realized that too. Are they already confident enough in their short AAM?
or they were not meant for short range engagement at all, besides autocannon may come in handy especially for CAS against light armored ground/surface target.

Top Bottom