Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Seems like Malaysian mutant hybrid Flankers have it nice because they used many western parts, albeit with higher maintenance cost compared to normal Flanker used by Indonesia & Vietnam.

Their engines are still Russian' though. Considering their short flight hours time compared to Western ones, I'm just glad that we decided to ditch the plan to add more Russian jet fighters in TNI-AU arsenal.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Seems like Malaysian mutant hybrid Flankers have it nice because they used many western parts, albeit with higher maintenance cost compared to normal Flanker used by Indonesia & Vietnam.

I am doubted their claim, they don't have such capability and capacity neither i had seen their Flanker being done in their MRO facilities. The best thing they can do is to sent parts directly to China or India, in which even India had headache to financing sparepart acquisition

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't know where to put this, so i just put it here
1647236788216.png

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
40-50 IFX plus spares.

Or so, I assume.
You don't need to put 30-40 units as spares. I assume this was our plan back in 2010. We don't had plan for 42 Rafales and 36 F15s back then. But now?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom